No planned incoming activity (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

What makes you think we would be paying all his wages? Its usual for a lower league team to only pay a percentage. And dont forget, we thought he was a done deal in the summer, before Wigan stepped in. I know we've used money on Ohare, but if Bright is available, I'd have a punt on him.
If Wolves are paying a percentage of his wage, then in return they'll demand he plays x amount of minutes per week/game. This means sho horning in an unfit player that hasn't played with the majority of this squad and dropping somebody (possibly Walsh, Westbrooke or Shipley) for him to take their position. It's a no from me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Cash flow is an issue to be reckoned with, so off loading may not free up resources, just pay the bills. Don't want to be Bury - promoted and kerplonk!
So questions before we rush in.

1. When is Jobello back? And does he fit the current shape?
2. Are any of the Under 23's strong enough for the bench at least? Eccles?
3. In particular, is Bremang not up to it or being sheltered? The biggest risk in the side is Godden being injured. We have cover everywhere else. Baka is a good bench player but no more.
4. If McCallum goes do we get some cash this window?
5. Of the possible offloads Hiwula is surely the favourite. Scores goals at a level and clearly out of favour. Save some wages if nothing else. Good for a L.2 loan for a promotion challenging side.

Personally I think the problems, such as they are when you are third in the table, lie with Robins, not the squad. It has taken him too long to find the right shape, in particular having more than one person in the box, even if they are forward running midfielders. We look like 3-4-3 at the moment which is better. Did people see the mileage covered by Shipley to be in place for Westbrooke's cross against WW? See where he was when Zain got the ball. Without that it was a 50-50 ball aimed at Godden. Slightly different but equally important against TR Baka outpaced a tired defender and hit a quick cross to O'Hara . This fan's board was weeks ahead of Robins in identifying the need for the main striker to have support of some sort. Robins has form in this respect, his conservatism was a problem in the L 2 promotion season as well which he rectified just in time - at one point we were 8th or 9th.

Gibbo

Oh, and there is now no question to which Bright is the answer. Lovely footballer, very creative, but undisciplined. Walsh, Allen, O'Hara, Shipley and Westbrooke are all much more disciplined and playing for the team. Much as I like watching a Dandy Dan like Bright, and yes he did win games for us, he also completely disappears and goes way out of position. Oxford at home last year was a case in point.

Londonccfcfan

If Pask can cover RWB, then we are covered (if there are no loan recalls). If Sam Mc is sold, then it would be a LWB loan if Brown stays at Scunmy, otherwise he is back up to Mason.

I doubt clubs will go for Hiwula or Baka... nor will they want to leave... as could pick up better salaries in the summer.

I think we will miss Tennai WAtson., he seemed a very good accomplished player as cover for Dabo, hopefully he won’t go to a rival as he’s a very good right back from what we seen.

The way Dabo plays he’s prone to getting an impact injury (Robins mentioned he’s carrying an injury) and the odd card also. It would have been difficult to keep Watson but I think we need cover. As this position is key to how to play.

DannyThomas_1981

Team on a fantastic run and storming up the League. Squad seems happy and settled for the most part. Morale is high.

In typical SBT fashion when all seems well, perfect time obviously to single out players we are biased against and demand 'get rid!'

:emoji_grin:

((Baka is a case in point. He adds something off the bench to the team and he played an important role in the second half yesterday. Anyway I have 100% trust in Robins to make the right decisions for the squad)).

no_loyalty

Get rid of Brown, Maycock, Kastaneer and Hiwula if possible. Send Ponti on loan to a league two club.

theferret

O'Hare

Just wanted to type that to see if it auto-corrected to O'Hara, it's the only explanation I can think of for the repeated misspelling of his name. It didn't though, so perhaps my Huawei is just smarter than the average bear.

shmmeee

No one but me worried by defensive midfield? If Walsh gets recalled and Kelly injured our formation would be screwed.

It’s Eccles and no one isn’t it basically? We’d probably change formation TBF the current one seems to have been built around our strengths.

I think if we lose Kelly were in trouble full stop just because of how integral he seems to be whatever our formation. Same as Godden. Would be good to see someone brought in as understudy though.

better days

It’s Eccles and no one isn’t it basically? We’d probably change formation TBF the current one seems to have been built around our strengths.

I think if we lose Kelly were in trouble full stop just because of how integral he seems to be whatever our formation. Same as Godden. Would be good to see someone brought in as understudy though.
Pask could play there

Gint11

Personally I’d keep Baka until the end of the season. I don’t rate him and the 20-20 goals song was ridiculous. However he gives us a different option off the bench and can play well and influence games.

Exit Stage Left

Personally I’d keep Baka until the end of the season. I don’t rate him and the 20-20 goals song was ridiculous. However he gives us a different option off the bench and can play well and influence games.

Agreed. In the long term we should probably try to get rid, but in the short term, he works as a Plan B to stick on in the last 20 minutes if you're 1-0 down and looking to hoof it upfield for a big target man. I have also noticed this season the good defensive work he does when defending against corners and free kicks.

Gint11

Yeah, to be fair his attitude is brilliant so it appears

Hobo

offload Charlie Wakefield, Gervane Kastaneer, Jordan Ponticelli and Amadou Bakayoko then use that money to get a striker, winger and potential a centre half on loan
Who too???? Its easy to say off load these players and easy to say go and get so n so. But the real football world isnt that straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread