No More Crisp Bowl! (1 Viewer)

Just as a related story I was looking at the Kaspar signing and read the following, It kind of shows what CCFC may be lacking when trying to encourage the big 3 to stay with us. Under our current board we have no ambition. A lot of the time I find myself thinking, why as a professional would you want to join CCFC, as anytime in the near future you could find yourself stuck in League 1. Premiership football is certainly a long way off. But the scum have created an aura that they are going places and it shows, from the board right down to the numpty that's designing the Roof for the new training ground (me).

Fellow new signing Neil Danns admitted he turned down interest from both Celtic and Rangers to join the Foxes.

"It was great to be offered the chance to play for Celtic or Rangers but once I knew Leicester were interested and knowing their ambitions I knew where I wanted to go," he said.
"I want to play in the Premier League and I think I'm joining a club that is going in the right direction to play there."
The former Crystal Palace midfielder added that he already knows a number of the City first team.
"I know Lee (Peltier) because we grew up in the same area and I know Paul (Gallagher) from my time at Blackburn and I played in midfield with Richie (Wellens) when I was on-loan at Blackpool as a youngster," he said.
"They were telling me more about what kind of club I'm joining and it makes settling in easier."

TheRoyalScam

The new stadium name just needs three letters at the start - 'Wan'..........

If i get the order, I'll see what i can do.:D
crylaugh.gif

Last edited:

Disorganised1

So now its the King Prawn Stadium.

I've only come on here to see if the rumour regarding Ben Turner coming to us is correct, but nothing. However, I am very surprised to find that you lot genuinely seem obsessed with us, considering that our rivals are Forest and Derby??? Maybe something to do with me living in North Leics, but in general, Leicester fans aren't bothered about you lot, so wondered why you are about us? Anyway, Villa aren't bothered about you either - don't know who your rivals are then to be fair.

Dan Griffin

I've only come on here to see if the rumour regarding Ben Turner coming to us is correct, but nothing. However, I am very surprised to find that you lot genuinely seem obsessed with us, considering that our rivals are Forest and Derby??? Maybe something to do with me living in North Leics, but in general, Leicester fans aren't bothered about you lot, so wondered why you are about us? Anyway, Villa aren't bothered about you either - don't know who your rivals are then to be fair.

So why do you bring so many to the Ricoh and had pretty much a sell out at the wankers? and why are our games always called the M69 'derby' ?

Coventry La La La

Leicester fans aren't bothered about you lot, so wondered why you are about us? Anyway, Villa aren't bothered about you either - don't know who your rivals are then to be fair.

Try telling "HackneyFox" that Leicester aren't bothered about CCFC. He spends most of his time on Coventry forums...

Last edited:

Ernie Machin

Forest and Derby is one of the great underrated derbies. I've met a few on either side and they absolutely detest each other, really nasty stuff. Leicester barely register to either. Not that it matters, you don't define your own club by the clubs you dislike.

If you all hate leicester clap your hands, if you all hate leicester clap you hands, if you all hate leicester all hate leicester all hate leicester clap your hands.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

I tell you what, it's actually a great idea. The owners have named the stadium with their own company. With the new financial rules coming into play soon, this would give them the opportunity to invest as much as they like without breaking the rules. SISU arena anyone? Or maybe even the Gary Hoffman and associates arena?

rob9872

Your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum, you're interbred and you're Leicester scum

I cringe when I hear this (more often at away games). I don't mind the banter, but it doesn't even make sense.

The older version to the Adams Family tune of "Your father is brother, your sister is your mother, they're f*cking one another, the Leicester family" gives the same message. It may also be unpleasant for even some of our own fans with young children to hear, but at least this one doesn't send the message that we're a bit 'special'.

rob9872

In fact if we must continue with it can we campaign for a lyric change to "Your brother's your dad, your sister's your mom, you're interbred and you're Leicester scum" - at least it makes sense then :)

Fluffsta

I love the fact that Notts Forest/County and Derby as well as Villa and Birmingham really consider Coventry and Leicester as secondary rivals. Gotta give a little respect to the M69 derby now. I work with loads of foxes and the first game of the season coming up means so much in our workplace. A few of my Coventry supporting mates live in the far west of Cov and see Villa and Birmingham as the evil arch enemy yet I live near the south start of the M69 and I guess with so many younger Cov fans who never witnessed the Cov Villa rivalry days in the Premier League Leicester remains a attractive fixture. I still think that Cov will take away more to St Andrews though. I am in my mid 30's and going to brum is always a great day out.

Moff

You seem vaguely familiar. Dont you live in Hinckley or is it somewhere in Coventry?

Users who are viewing this thread