No loan deals in the pipeline. (1 Viewer)

Otis

Were we honestly expecting anything else.

Does somewhat not reflect well on our beloved owners once again does it. They talked of potential loans but obviously knew what the wage situation was going to be. Unless a Premier club will let us have someone on loan and pay 100% of his wages this 'loan' thing is never going to happen.

Sub

The only reason the SISU spokesman onyi or what ever his name came out and said about backing AT with loan signings and all the other stuff about building bridges with the fans and taking the club forward, was because they didnt want the fans to be seen protesting on telly and unfortunatly all they did was infalme the situation then. Have we heard anything else now ? nothing just back to normal silence.:jerkit: :(:(

derbyskyblue

The big worry for me (apart from relegation) is the damage this season could do to the kids. When the injuries start coming in who's going to replace them ?

Otis

The big worry for me (apart from relegation) is the damage this season could do to the kids. When the injuries start coming in who's going to replace them ?

And more to the point, how many more are we going to have to bring in?

derbyskyblue

Well if we had a nightmare run of injuries.....say 7 or 8 players with strains etc, Who do we have? No-one, we would be patching up here and there, players maybe carrying knocks playing out of position.Not a good sistuation and certainly a recipe for disaster.

Otis

Could do a lot of damage though bringing even more kids through before they are ready.

We've done the 18 year olds, we've done the 17 yead olds, what next, 15 year olds?

Why should a strain keep players out for weeks/months professional sports men? More like professional Puffs. I can't believe Rugby players play every week, when you see the state of them after matches.

Gaskell

I feel sorry for the kids, Ice Skating down the Skydome Friday night, Southampton away Saturday night.:claping hands:

ashbyjan

This total lack of ambition has sealed Clingan and Cranies departures either in January but certainly at the end of season. Most likely the club will try to get rid of then in Jan to try and get a few quid but the players will probably just sit tight and do a Westwood and pick up a bigger signing on fee. If these hold on and SISU need to raise some more money to "fund" us to the end of the season it may well be one of the promising kids that is sacrificed - probably Juke. Still I am sure the SISU apologists will be wheeling out the usual - whats the alternative? - did they really promise? - maybe there are no loans to be had, its all Ransons fault etc etc. Its looking very bleak and getting darker by the minute.

Otis

Why should a strain keep players out for weeks/months professional sports men? More like professional Puffs. I can't believe Rugby players play every week, when you see the state of them after matches.

Yep. Bloody ugly aren't they!!! :D

ashbyjan

Andy's Anklebiters
The Thornytots
AT's Toddlers
Andy Thorns Sky Blue Army to become Andy Thorns Sky Blue 'ickle Soldiers

TommyAtkins

This total lack of ambition has sealed Clingan and Cranies departures either in January but certainly at the end of season. Most likely the club will try to get rid of then in Jan to try and get a few quid but the players will probably just sit tight and do a Westwood and pick up a bigger signing on fee. If these hold on and SISU need to raise some more money to "fund" us to the end of the season it may well be one of the promising kids that is sacrificed - probably Juke. Still I am sure the SISU apologists will be wheeling out the usual - whats the alternative? - did they really promise? - maybe there are no loans to be had, its all Ransons fault etc etc. Its looking very bleak and getting darker by the minute.

I think you will find that Cranie and Clingan made their decision to leave at the end of their contracts some time ago, in the same way Westwood made his mind up half way through his contract to do the same.
I think SISU may try to sell them in January but I suspect both will want to leave in the summer, when they can negotiate the best deal.
You will note that Bell and McPake signed deals. That and other comments, activity indicates that Cranie and Clingan have refused to negotiate.

ashbyjan

It may be that both had already made up their minds or maybe they were waiting to see what might happen in the transfer and loan windows before making a final decision. But something like this would just make it an even easier decision to leave and had we shown some modicum of ambition then maybe they would have been persuaded to sign. Bell and McPake have signed simply because they were unlikely to get offers elsewhere and we were mug enough to offer contracts to two players who have contributed nothing positive to the team in two years.

Whatever the reasons this inactivity is just another nail in our Championship coffin.

Il Pirata

But SISU said we would do all we could to bring in loan player(s)!

Are you telling me that SISU lied to us?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread