"no effort", "most of them can't be arsed" (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

Seen this a few times now on here and on the FB zoo / holding pen.

Now I know people are getting frustrated because they think we shouldn't be in a relegation battle, but I'm not sure how you can watch this current crop of players and say those things unless you are inherently stupid.

We have definitely had teams in the past with numerous lazy players / ones who put in no effort.

Are they naive? Yes.
Are they good enough? Maybe not no.
Do they bottle some of the big moments? Yeah definitely.
Do they make stupid decisions? Yes.

I think the vast majority of our squad are proper grafters and they're definitely trying to get results. They're just a bit shite sometimes.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Now I know people are getting frustrated because they think we shouldn't be in a relegation battle, but I'm not sure how you can watch this current crop of players and say those things unless you are inherently stupid.

We have definitely had teams in the past with numerous lazy players / ones who put in no effort.

Are they naive? Yes.

I think the vast majority of our squad are proper grafters and they're definitely trying to get results. They're just a bit shite sometimes.
Yeah, but rational thinking and logic is far more difficult than stating 'they don't care' or 'there's no passion' from behind a keyboard.

Irish Sky Blue

The first half Saturday was perhaps our worst performance of the season. That was simply down to poor play; noone getting a tackle in on Murphy, Ostigard diving in on Moore, Marosi missing his punch, (why did he also just lie on the floor?) and generally being asleep for the third (I know this was second half, but only just), but it wasn’t due to lack of effort. After the third went in,we could have taken a real pasting if the effort wasn’t there.Instead they made a good fist of trying to get back into the game. If Osti’s header had of gone in,things could have been different. Over the past four seasons and the last two in particular, this team has shown time and again that it doesn’t know when it is beaten. The amount of times we have come back to draw or win shows this to be true.

mark_ccfc

The first half Saturday was perhaps our worst performance of the season. That was simply down to poor play; noone getting a tackle in on Murphy, Ostigard diving in on Moore, Marosi missing his punch, (why did he also just lie on the floor?) and generally being asleep for the third (I know this was second half, but only just), but it wasn’t due to lack of effort. After the third went in,we could have taken a real pasting if the effort wasn’t there.Instead they made a good fist of trying to get back into the game. If Osti’s header had of gone in,things could have been different. Over the past four seasons and the last two in particular, this team has shown time and again that it doesn’t know when it is beaten. The amount of times we have come back to draw or win shows this to be true.
Watch the replay, I am sure Marosi got flattened by one of our own defenders for the second. In fact I think he didn't realise and was holding his hands up in the air claiming a foul!

Jamesimus

Watch the replay, I am sure Marosi got flattened by one of our own defenders for the second. In fact I think he didn't realise and was holding his hands up in the air claiming a foul!

Think it was Ostigard who jumped into him going for the same ball from what I remember?

CCFCSteve

Are they naive? Yes.

Exactly. There’s always overreactions. You don’t come back in the number of games we have unless you’ve got some heart and bottle (even Cardiff, which was poor in patches and was done in the 46th minute, we battled til the end) It’s ifs and buts, but if we’d even score half the efforts that have hit the woodwork (18), cut out a couple of the stupid pens/comical goals we’d be pretty safe.

Unfortunately we haven’t been clinical enough, that plus poor decision making at key times and missing a bit of luck (and two main strikers and captain for a lot of the season) has put us in the shit. The squad had limited championship experience before this season and its shown.

We’re still well in this though. Just need a couple of scrappy results to get the confidence back.

Users who are viewing this thread