No boxes for Wycombe game (1 Viewer)

theferret

Just been told there are no executive boxes for Wycombe game. There is a conference at the Ricoh and all hotel rooms sold. Makes the decision to schedule the game for next week even more odd.

ceetee

Judging by the club's announcement of change of date they didn't have any choice. Sky + EFL

chiefdave

Great, so one game where we might actually sell them we can't use them.

On the subject of TV companies interference the BBC were getting some stick for showing Man Utd at the weekend. Walker and Linekar both tweeted to say they wanted to show the Lincoln Brighton game but the FA insisted on them showing Man Utd.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...and which bright spark thought Millwall / Watford was a good idea ?

Otis

I'm really struggling to maintain my love for football at the minute. Again and again it is demonstrating the absolute power that Sky have over everything. Any genuine football fan would not pay a subscription to Sky.
I know.

I checked the weather at the weekend for Manchester and it said heavy rain.

I got up there and found it was dry. Sky had, had the weather moved to Monday.

Waste of umbrellas and a pair of wellingtons. Grrr

CJ_covblaze

Judging by the club's announcement of change of date they didn't have any choice. Sky + EFL

And that the Ricoh was unavailable during the week beginning the 20th.

Great_Expectations

Just been told there are no executive boxes for Wycombe game. There is a conference at the Ricoh and all hotel rooms sold. Makes the decision to schedule the game for next week even more odd.

You'd be gutted if you were staying in the hotel the same night 20k+ football fans are outside your window.

wingy

I'm really struggling to maintain my love for football at the minute. Again and again it is demonstrating the absolute power that Sky have over everything. Any genuine football fan would not pay a subscription to Sky.
Never have or will.
Virgin offering me free 6 week trial currently.

theferret

You'd be gutted if you were staying in the hotel the same night 20k+ football fans are outside your window.

Apparently those who stay in the pitchside rooms on a matchday are told they have to keep their curtains closed. Just waiting for the day I look over and see someone standing at the window in their pants.

pusbccfc

The few hundred in the boxes can join the normal fans. Join in with the atmosphere and not sit eating prawn sarnies.

Brylowes

Great, so one game where we might actually sell them we can't use them.

On the subject of TV companies interference the BBC were getting some stick for showing Man Utd at the weekend. Walker and Linekar both tweeted to say they wanted to show the Lincoln Brighton game but the FA insisted on them showing Man Utd.
...and which bright spark thought Millwall / Watford was a good idea ?
I do agree that SKY (and Murdoch) are the Devil incarnate, but Sky don't broadcast any FA cup games.

Terry Gibson's perm

Apparently those who stay in the pitchside rooms on a matchday are told they have to keep their curtains closed. Just waiting for the day I look over and see someone standing at the window in their pants.

I would suggest they are better off with the curtains closed beats watching that crap.

westofrayne

Does that mean we will have stewards watching to see if anyone peaks out there hotel window at the game and immediately try and charge the the entrance fee.

Users who are viewing this thread