No bottomless pit (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting comments again from our Dave

I like hes complementary of the premier league and honest about budgets

chiefdave

Lost a million quid so far thanks to corona. Doesn't expect crowds back this year but they've budgeted for that. Thinks we could have fans in safely.

Difficult but the club is coping. Harder the longer it goes on but same for everyone. SISU supportive.

Worse at L1 and L2 level.

Prem made solidarity payments early. Government pointing finger at Prem to support EFL but they don't have a bottomless pit either.

cooperskyblue

Put it this way. We got promoted just in time to take advantage of being a fresh promoted club with lower wages than the rest of the Championship and now receiving Champ TV and sponsorship money.
Yeah I completely agree. I feel we got out of League 1 at literally the best possible time, with the uncertainty, lack of competition, tv income etc.

CCFCSteve

Put it this way. We got promoted just in time to take advantage of being a fresh promoted club with lower wages than the rest of the Championship and now receiving Champ TV and sponsorship money.

Spot on, L1 budget with the additional revenue detailed. One of the luckier ones !

robbiekeane

Agree. Probably a case of “less fucked than everyone else”. But still fucked.

ccfc1234

As much as we would all like to be playing in Coventry I wonder how being "homeless" is working out vs clubs that have have their own ground and all the associated expenses.

theferret

A bit of a wasted opportunity by CT for me. Asking what impact shirt sales are having was pretty dumb. I'd be interested to know the extent to which ifollow revenues are helping bridge the revenue gap. Clubs are announcing big ifollow audiences right now, would be interesting to know the number of subs from our opening 2 away games.

Another question might have been why the club have stopped selling STs at 3.5K. No other club has capped so low, and the reason given doesn't really stack up. Pity these questions weren't asked given that Boddy was being so open.

harvey098

Those league 1 clubs that have a high wage bill but can usually afford it due to good attendances (Sunderland amungst others) must be really struggling.

harvey098

A bit of a wasted opportunity by CT for me. Asking what impact shirt sales are having was pretty dumb. I'd be interested to know the extent to which ifollow revenues are helping bridge the revenue gap. Clubs are announcing big ifollow audiences right now, would be interesting to know the number of subs from our opening 2 away games.

Another question might have been why the club have stopped selling STs at 3.5K. No other club has capped so low, and the reason given doesn't really stack up. Pity these questions weren't asked given that Boddy was being so open.

Regarding iFollow, it doesn’t help when people like “oggy oi” on Facebook stream to hundreds for free. I didnt mind it last season when there wasn’t an option to buy legally but now that there is, he should be stopping that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Regarding iFollow, it doesn’t help when people like “oggy oi” on Facebook stream to hundreds for free. I didnt mind it last season when there wasn’t an option to buy legally but now that there is, he should be stopping that.

I agree on this people can now access it easily and it ten pound, I have watched the stream on there when I couldn’t access it due to the restrictions in the past but always pay for ifollow when possible.

I don’t think people could access Oggi oi on Saturday and I also noticed that a number pops up on my screen

Users who are viewing this thread