no awards night (1 Viewer)

freddiemong

no awards night for coventry city this year yet they still want us to vote for player of year etc

Ian1779

I don't think they deserve an awards night... unless it's for things like.

Worst excuse for being shit

Best colour urine

Best use of the word DNA in a post match press conference when the team got dicked.

CV22SBA

How can you have an awards night if you have no players, isn't it something like 70% of the current squad don't have a contract after the match on Sunday?

letsallsingtogether

It costs to have an awards night.
would have to sell a player to pay for it......

chiefdave

no awards night for coventry city this year yet they still want us to vote for player of year etc

Good call really. Most of the players aren't ours and will bugger off the second Sunday's match is over. That's before you even consider we've been shit and have nothing to celebrate.

Astute

Do contracts expire on the final whistle then?

Do they still feel part of a club that doesn't want them and that they won't play for again? They will have been looking for a new club for a few months now.

Nick

Administrator
Would you turn up to a works do that wasn't a leaving do if you were not working there again?
If I was still employed by them for another month and it was pretty much a standard yearly thing then probably yes.

Does that mean gerrard can't go to the Liverpool one?

Astute

If I was still employed by them for another month and it was pretty much a standard yearly thing then probably yes.

Does that mean gerrard can't go to the Liverpool one?

Gerrard means a lot to Liverpool and Liverpool means a lot to Gerrard. Whereas.............

Nick

Administrator
Want to compare a player closer to what we have? You couldn't have got further away if you tried.
I was comparing another out of contract player? He either doesn't want to play for Liverpool or they don't want him.

He is leaving them.

The players are under contract still for a while, they don't end on the final whistle.

Astute

I was comparing another out of contract player? He either doesn't want to play for Liverpool or they don't want him.

He is leaving them.

The players are under contract still for a while, they don't end on the final whistle.

So how many years did they stay loyal to each other? And Gerrard is coming to the end of his career. How does that compare to our players about to be out of contract?

Most of our players don't look as though they gave a shit most of the season. So why do you think they will give a shit once they have finished playing for us?

SkyBlueSid

Player contracts normally end on 30th June. Loans will be over after the last game as their substantive contracts are with the parent club. No point in them remaining if they are not our own players.

Ashdown

'No season tickets on sale'................well obviously not, at least until they are certain which league we are selling them for !

Nick

Administrator
Player contracts normally end on 30th June. Loans will be over after the last game as their substantive contracts are with the parent club. No point in them remaining if they are not our own players.

That was my point, they are still employed for 2 months pretty much for "our" players not loans.

Nick

Administrator
So how many years did they stay loyal to each other? And Gerrard is coming to the end of his career. How does that compare to our players about to be out of contract?

Most of our players don't look as though they gave a shit most of the season. So why do you think they will give a shit once they have finished playing for us?

My point is they still do play for us until the end of June.... Not the final whistle on Sunday.

Don't worry about it though, you just completely miss the point and have a rant.

Astute

My point is they still do play for us until the end of June.... Not the final whistle on Sunday.

Don't worry about it though, you just completely miss the point and have a rant.

Me having a rant? Me missed the point? All I have given is an opinion. Just like you did when you compared Gerrard to our players :whistle:

Or are you saying that they all gave a shit this season? I would say that most of them can't wait to get away. The total opposite to Pennington and he was only a loan player. And how can they play until the end of June when there is only 1 game left?

Nick

Administrator
Me having a rant? Me missed the point? All I have given is an opinion. Just like you did when you compared Gerrard to our players :whistle:

Or are you saying that they all gave a shit this season? I would say that most of them can't wait to get away. The total opposite to Pennington and he was only a loan player.

No,I replied asking if 70% of our players are loan players as it was said they won't have a contract after the final whistle. You replied

Come on Nick. Keep up. How many of our players are going to be out of contract?

Yes, they may be out of contract but it doesn't mean their contract expires on the final whistle.

I compared Gerrard in the fact he was out of contract, which he is isn't he?

Come on, keep up.

Astute

No,I replied asking if 70% of our players are loan players as it was said they won't have a contract after the final whistle. You replied

Yes, they may be out of contract but it doesn't mean their contract expires on the final whistle.

I compared Gerrard in the fact he was out of contract, which he is isn't he?

Come on, keep up.

I agree with what you are saying.

But why use Gerrard to compare to our players? And do you think that most of the players about to finish their contracts give a shit? They are my points.

Nick

Administrator
Because Gerrard is out of contract....

Where did I say they gave a shit? I just pointed out we do have plenty of players still in contract after Sunday, it is you who told me to keep up as if I was being thick?

Astute

Because Gerrard is out of contract....

Where did I say they gave a shit? I just pointed out we do have plenty of players still in contract after Sunday, it is you who told me to keep up as if I was being thick?

Never made out that you were thick. Not my fault that you don't want to listen to my points.

If Gerrard was younger he wouldn't be leaving. He is 35 next month and as we all know is an outfield player. He has done well to play this long for a top club. He joined them as a kid. He has only ever played for Liverpool. Then you have our players out of contract that you want to compare to him. None of them are fit to clean his boots. None of them are anywhere near as loyal.

stevefloyd

Good job...last year we were packed in like sardines and this old bastard moaned at me for banging his chair...It was an accident but I told him I could do it for real if he wanted...bleeding tosser!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Never made out that you were thick. Not my fault that you don't want to listen to my points.

If Gerrard was younger he wouldn't be leaving. He is 35 next month and as we all know is an outfield player. He has done well to play this long for a top club. He joined them as a kid. He has only ever played for Liverpool. Then you have our players out of contract that you want to compare to him. None of them are fit to clean his boots. None of them are anywhere near as loyal.

Didn't want his life story or say our players were loyal

He was compared because he is out of contract. Our players our are of contract, he is out of contract. He can be compared on that.

I wasn't comparing on loyalty was I?

Your points were totally irrelevant when you came wading in with the "keep up shit".

I am quite aware that players are out of contract, which is why I was confused by the 70% being out of contract when the whistle blows which is why I asked about them all being loan players to which you told me to keep up as if I was thick.

Astute

What was meant was they have played their last game for us......or at least I hope they have.

Nick

Administrator
What was meant was they have played their last game for us......or at least I hope they have.

isn't it something like 70% of the current squad don't have a contract after the match on Sunday?

My point was there are under contract for another couple of months after the match.

Users who are viewing this thread