No accounting for the scabs!! (2 Viewers)

That is your opinion - and that's fine, but I think it will be better for SISU to end admin asap.

IMHO we still will be in administration, and as such SISU will have no say in the matter.
Appleton will be forced to do a deal with ACL.

DazzleTommyDazzle

The problem is, their getting out could well involve liquidation.

Their past track record in similar situations says liquidation is the step if they fail to get what they want (whatever that is!);

The wider consequences for any other investments they have says that liquidation would be the preferred option if they don't get what they want. Negotiating positions only work if the threat is real.

From their POV the bigger picture requires risk of a loss to gain profits, and that also includes what happens to our club once they've decided they've exhausted all avenues.

Now, as I said above, ever since the dark, tedious days of McGinnity's unofficial administration, this club has been cancer-ridden, hopeless and staggering around like a drunken loon stripping at kareoke. Liquidation might be a good thing.

For those who do feel that (like me), there's an obvious option. For those who have had enough, there's a natural option to take.

All I ask is the potential consequences are thought through. If it's a risk people think worth taking, then they should of course do what they think is right. As I said, the burden of proof is on them to show they will actually build a stadium, not for me to take it on trust, so I'm not going. Plus it's just not fun, and supporting a team's supposed to be fun in some sense, even if they lose a lot!

And whatever happens, if the club comes back we need that bounce to be as big as possible, if the club dies we need its replacement to have the best chance of success possible... and both those options are more likely if we haven't backed one side or another into a corner.

I agree with much of that.

We all know that the club is worth virtually nothing, but (in my view) if SISU decided to cut their losses and get out, there would be buyers prepared to pay something for the club. Hopefully they'll be able to "overpay" to a sufficient level to persuade SISU that liquidation would not make sense.

I accept your comments about previous SISU actions, but hopefully they are just starting to realise that running a football club brings with it a level of publicity and scrutiny that they are unfamiliar with (particularly the "secretive" Joy Seppala). That's why I believe that all of these protests and the lobbying are potentially very important.

NorthernWisdom

Hopefully they'll be able to "overpay" to a sufficient level to persuade SISU that liquidation would not make sense.

Indeed.

Problem is in a world of football as business, overpaying really isn't an option when there are other teams to not have to overpay for. Still, we can live in hope.

I accept your comments about previous SISU actions, but hopefully they are just starting to realise that running a football club brings with it a level of publicity and scrutiny that they are unfamiliar with (particularly the "secretive" Joy Seppala). That's why I believe that all of these protests and the lobbying are potentially very important.

Lobbying important, although we could go round the houses again about lobbying for what ;) The problem is there's an alternative POV that says what better way to show you mean what you say then to wind up something very public like a football club. My one grain of hope is the fact that by all rights this club should have been wound up by now anyway. That said, one reason I can see for it not to have been is the attempt to get somebody to overpay... and then we're back to who would? And would you be confident in such a person running us well as a business if they were prepared to do that?

Of course there's also the grain of hope that from their POV, turning around our football club of all football clubs would be terrific publicity for their ability to do similar with other businesses, so their claims about new grounds etc. will happen. Again, nothing but a small glimmer however.

you are trying to twist my words, rubbing peoples noses in it? what the hell do you mean - if City win, we all win don't we...it's like you want them to fail, If your expecting me to fire back with some unreasoned nonsense well I am sorry I am going to have to let you down...I cant be arsed to fight today - I have supported them for 40 years, and will continue to until either I am 6ft under or they do fold.

The worst thing you could do is start rubbing people's noses in it if they do start winning and you are there watching it, would show a distinct lack of class.

Like the previous poster, there is no way listening to CWR is the easy option, I used to smoke and can only compare giving up fags to giving up City "home" games.

I've been supporting them for 35 years so it will not be easy, with the money saved I hope to get to a few more away games.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It will be hard for you as it is for me, I was merely responding to comments made that I was taking the easy way out, I don't believe it is for the reasons I have given, and I agree that it will be hard for many many fans to stay away...but because mine is not the popular view does no make it any more easier...no offence meant.

And none taken :)

Otis

Otis - I view you as a rational poster/thinker from the posts I have read of yours on this site, and all your points below are valid ones and I do not necessarily disagree, however, if we do not support the team this will decimate the already very low income the team has, it will surely be the end for CCFC. I don't want to try and convince anyone on here to go to Northampton, I until last week was not going myself, but have had a change of heart - I still want SISU out, I still want to play at The Ricoh, I will be there hopefully with thousands of other CCFC fans this Saturday for the march - I am hoping that we get out of admin, have a good start and maybe, just maybe someone comes along a buys us as a going concern with the good will of the fans, if we only get 1000 at Northampton will this entice any buyers?? I might be dreaming, my glass is half full 99% of the time, some might say I am gullible or foolish...but it is how I have rationalized, to my self.

Very fair comments.

I know not going is hurting the club, but for me, Coventry City moving away and out of the city for 3 years could well hurt the club so much more.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Otis

Everyone has to make their own decision as they see fit - I would however query your comment that the easier option is sitting at home listening to the radio.

Having been going to games since the late '60's, I'm going to find that very hard indeed.

Totally agree.

Not going to go up to see my beloved Sky Blues is going to break my heart.

Davs

As I have said before, I won't go to Northampton [Even though it is nearer home for me] simply because any team that calls itself Coventry City should play in the City. As things stand we don't even have a plan to play in the City ["We're going to build a new ground" is no more a plan than Del Boy saying "This time next year we'll be millionaires"]

I genuinely believe that if we play 1 game in Northampton then we will never play another game in Cov.

To look at it purely from a business point of view it makes no sense to go [especially as we have a perfectly good ground in Cov]; You alienate [according to polls] 92% of your most loyal customers, and the 8% who accept the situation are hardly cock-a-hoop about it. You then reduce the quality of your product [by selling all the decent players] so there is a real possibility that you will have alienated even more of your customers.

There is little or no chance that you will get many casual customers who decide they have a bit of free time and will go and see the local football club, after all it is now a 70 mile round trip.

So in about 3 years, as your customer base dwindles, you tell everyone who will listen that there was really no appetite for your product in Coventry, but if we all get behind the newly formed "Northampton Sky Blues", who are playing at their newly refurbished 20000 seater stadium, with a direct train link from Coventry to be built in the next 3 years, then the club has a real chance of competing in the Championship.

I might be wrong, and I genuinely applaud the fans who are prepared to go to Northampton, and for their sake I hope I am wrong. But I honestly think that whatever I, or anyone else does to protest against or support this move [depending on your point of view] believing it to be in the best interests of CCFC will end up with the above scenario. I think the die has been cast and, unless some real high level pressure is brought to bear on SISU/ACL/Otium to get the club back in the City before kick off on the first day of the season then we are fucked.

KeresleySBA

I wouldnt go as far as to berate fellow fans, it is a free country after all, however the message only gets across if the fans show a union and so anyone going to the 'home' games is doing coniserable damage to the cause of their fellow fan. Need to show fisher and co you cant just come into our city and take away our club, if no stand is made then we're just rolling over.

ccfcway

As I have said before, I won't go to Northampton [Even though it is nearer home for me] simply because any team that calls itself Coventry City should play in the City. As things stand we don't even have a plan to play in the City ["We're going to build a new ground" is no more a plan than Del Boy saying "This time next year we'll be millionaires"]

I genuinely believe that if we play 1 game in Northampton then we will never play another game in Cov.

To look at it purely from a business point of view it makes no sense to go [especially as we have a perfectly good ground in Cov]; You alienate [according to polls] 92% of your most loyal customers, and the 8% who accept the situation are hardly cock-a-hoop about it. You then reduce the quality of your product [by selling all the decent players] so there is a real possibility that you will have alienated even more of your customers.

There is little or no chance that you will get many casual customers who decide they have a bit of free time and will go and see the local football club, after all it is now a 70 mile round trip.

So in about 3 years, as your customer base dwindles, you tell everyone who will listen that there was really no appetite for your product in Coventry, but if we all get behind the newly formed "Northampton Sky Blues", who are playing at their newly refurbished 20000 seater stadium, with a direct train link from Coventry to be built in the next 3 years, then the club has a real chance of competing in the Championship.

I might be wrong, and I genuinely applaud the fans who are prepared to go to Northampton, and for their sake I hope I am wrong. But I honestly think that whatever I, or anyone else does to protest against or support this move [depending on your point of view] believing it to be in the best interests of CCFC will end up with the above scenario. I think the die has been cast and, unless some real high level pressure is brought to bear on SISU/ACL/Otium to get the club back in the City before kick off on the first day of the season then we are fucked.

prettty much how I see it to..

Maybe send this across to NTFC forum

Seyeclops666

so apart from spouting endless drivel from your 'penthouse' in Westminster what have you actually done for the CCFC cause? I have read your posts and to be honest mate you sound like a deranged fucking moron, how the fuck you have even got a job never mind a 'penthouse' flat, are you sure your not living in a Council high rise in Tower Hamlets?

So when you got off your knees to fight fight, what did you do exactly??? (why were you on your knees? your not a rent boy are you?) maybe that's how you pay for you 'penthouse'...?

You need to stay off the class 'A's mate...

The post was worth it for your bitter and twisted drivel of a response alone.

As for what I have done - well I don't claim to have done anything special or even changed many minds but I have tried to do what I can. I raised the issue with the Secretary of State for Local Government Eric Pickles (as he would be the one who could potentially override a local planning decision) and raised SISU's business practices with BIS Minister Dr Vince Cable and spoke to Coventry and Warwickshire MPs. I have managed to speak to all the Warwickshire District Council Leaders and most of their Cabinet members for planning (they are the people who would be instrumental in deciding on planning permission for stadium in Warwickshire - and by the way not one of them could foresee planning permission being granted for a stadium). I have also spoken to national media contacts to try to get the issue on their agenda - it has been a slow process as we are no longer a top flight team but it is good to see we are getting some national media coverage now. I also spoke to a contact in the FA who put me in touch with someone in the Football League - clearly that hasn't got us anywhere yet but all I can do is to make contact with people and put the case for CCFC to stay in Coventry. I also spoke to Cov Council Leader and Chief Executive about a number of issues and urged them to do what they could - I don't claim to have solved the problem but you asked me what I have done for the cause.

Now for clarification - I never said Penthouse in Westminster - I said house in Westminster. My Class A days are firmly behind me being a responsbile parent of 2 children but thanks for the friendly advice - much appreciated.

And finally you are perfectly entitled to go to Northampton and watch a team in sky blue play - that is your choice - but my choice is to call you a simple minded, short term thinking scab who is damaging the interests of a club I have supported for 42 years (many years of having a season ticket despite living in London) and of stabbing your City in the back too. I hope you are proud!!

Oh and it is funny you insinuate I am a rent boy because from what I can see you have done nothing to stop this happening to CCFC apart from dropping you pants, beding over and letting SISU do you from behind!!

Bye for now mate.

So basically you have dropped a few names on here that have, well done...er nothing, so well done you for not getting anything done, apart from name calling that is, your family must very proud of you and your rants...it's a great you have that keyboard to be so very hard over, isnt it? I think you should restart the class A's you have a short temper, is it the withdrawals? Well I will make you a offer are you coming to Coventry on Saturday for the march. I would be more than happy to meet you, so you can call me a scab to my face if that would make you feel any better? It's on Gosford Green, you have probably given out a few blow jobs there in the past...anything to get the money for those class A's, Eh?

I feel annoyed with myself as I have seemed to have sunk to your level...

The post was worth it for your bitter and twisted drivel of a response alone.

As for what I have done - well I don't claim to have done anything special or even changed many minds but I have tried to do what I can. I raised the issue with the Secretary of State for Local Government Eric Pickles (as he would be the one who could potentially override a local planning decision) and raised SISU's business practices with BIS Minister Dr Vince Cable and spoke to Coventry and Warwickshire MPs. I have managed to speak to all the Warwickshire District Council Leaders and most of their Cabinet members for planning (they are the people who would be instrumental in deciding on planning permission for stadium in Warwickshire - and by the way not one of them could foresee planning permission being granted for a stadium). I have also spoken to national media contacts to try to get the issue on their agenda - it has been a slow process as we are no longer a top flight team but it is good to see we are getting some national media coverage now. I also spoke to a contact in the FA who put me in touch with someone in the Football League - clearly that hasn't got us anywhere yet but all I can do is to make contact with people and put the case for CCFC to stay in Coventry. I also spoke to Cov Council Leader and Chief Executive about a number of issues and urged them to do what they could - I don't claim to have solved the problem but you asked me what I have done for the cause.

Now for clarification - I never said Penthouse in Westminster - I said house in Westminster. My Class A days are firmly behind me being a responsbile parent of 2 children but thanks for the friendly advice - much appreciated.

And finally you are perfectly entitled to go to Northampton and watch a team in sky blue play - that is your choice - but my choice is to call you a simple minded, short term thinking scab who is damaging the interests of a club I have supported for 42 years (many years of having a season ticket despite living in London) and of stabbing your City in the back too. I hope you are proud!!

Oh and it is funny you insinuate I am a rent boy because from what I can see you have done nothing to stop this happening to CCFC apart from dropping you pants, beding over and letting SISU do you from behind!!

Bye for now mate.

Buster

Sisu`s funds are drying up imo.Everything points to this , non payment of rent ,selling best players ,employing manager who wants to concentrate on "bringing the youth through The only way out now is to get the Ricoh .I think the prmise of a new stadium is pie in the sky and lets face it the prospect of it being a successful venture with the bad feeling about that ,mark my words if proceeds will last for years i truly cant see them getting funds I myself sympathise with Revolution and the fans that will travel to Northampton and long for the day when we can support together again. No offence but i wont be going

Sisu`s funds are drying up imo.Everything points to this , non payment of rent ,selling best players ,employing manager who wants to concentrate on "bringing the youth through The only way out now is to get the Ricoh .I think the prmise of a new stadium is pie in the sky and lets face it the prospect of it being a successful venture with the bad feeling about that ,mark my words if proceeds will last for years i truly cant see them getting funds I myself sympathise with Revolution and the fans that will travel to Northampton and long for the day when we can support together again. No offence but i wont be going

Buster - well said mate...

dadgad

Yes, enough is enough.
I won't try and discourage those who are going but for me and all those that I know this severing of the club from the city is the last straw.
On their record alone you would have to say that any promise to return must be hollow.
They have killed the club, they have chosen to do this, its that simple.

Otis

I wouldnt go as far as to berate fellow fans, it is a free country after all, however the message only gets across if the fans show a union and so anyone going to the 'home' games is doing coniserable damage to the cause of their fellow fan. Need to show fisher and co you cant just come into our city and take away our club, if no stand is made then we're just rolling over.

Well it will be seen by many as fans condoning the move and if we sold out at 7,600 every week it could well look like we are okay about it all.

Staying away sends a very clear message that fans do not support the club being removed from the city it represents.

They have killed the club, they have chosen to do this, its that simple.

With the willing assistance of the FL and the FA who have both proved to be toothless. I say again, Real Fans, Real Football has turned out to be bo:censored:cks

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Could someone who says we will not be liquidated please explain the following to me and Im not taking the piss I really want to know.
If you recall administration followed a quote from Mr Fisher that the club was weeks away from a "catastrophic Liquidation" hes now moving us to Northampton where revenues will be a fraction of what they would have been at the Ricoh.
The question is what has changed?

Grendel

Could someone who says we will not be liquidated please explain the following to me and Im not taking the piss I really want to know.
If you recall administration followed a quote from Mr Fisher that the club was weeks away from a "catastrophic Liquidation" hes now moving us to Northampton where revenues will be a fraction of what they would have been at the Ricoh.
The question is what has changed?

We weren't weeks from "catastrophic" liquidation.

Otis

Thing is in all this, as the club have been taken away I have already lost interest.

I will follow the games on the radio, but haven't even looked at the fixture list and couldn't even be arsed to open the news story about a French and Spanish player on trial.

My heart's just not in it. And that is purely down to my not going up and getting a season ticket for the first time in many a year.

This is my worry for the mass hoards. Out of sight out of mind. In 5 years time CCFC could have lost an awful lot of supporters indefinitely.

skybluelee

Thing is in all this, as the club have been taken away I have already lost interest.

I will follow the games on the radio, but haven't even looked at the fixture list and couldn't even be arsed to open the news story about a French and Spanish player on trial.

My heart's just not in it. And that is purely down to my not going up and getting a season ticket for the first time in many a year.

This is my worry for the mass hoards. Out of sight out of mind. In 5 years time CCFC could have lost an awful lot of supporters indefinitely.

I mirror your thoughts entirely. So so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread