Nimely to stay? (1 Viewer)

jabharty

In an interview with Geoff Foster for CWR, Nimely was asked if he would stay if he was given the opportunity. He replied, saying that he would stay, because of what the club has done for him, giving him the opportunity to play football and show what he can do, and finished by calling Coventry "A massive club"
What do you guys think of this?
Do you think he would stay, given the opportunity?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If we could afford his wages maybe but he thought of highly by his parent club and dont think they would let him go plus we dont have any money to sign him.

Dean Allsop

I posted something along these lines a week or so ago, I heard we have the chance for a season long loan, or permanent deal come the end of the season, I here Man City offered him a four year deal, but it has not been signed, so we wait and see, if he wants first team football which he will get that hear then he may just sign for us.

AFCCOVENTRY

Good kid and says the right thing. He isn't exactly going to say no...

If we by any chance stay in the CHAMpionship then we could get him on a season loan

CovLis86

Be nice if he would stay another season, but as others have said, think that depends on what league we are in. The boy has raw quality, and Man City would want him playing against championship standard.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well he wasn't goin to say 'not a chance in hell' was he!! :)

He does seem a very wise lad, considering his age and the atmosphere he'll have been brought up in at Man City (money, big egos etc).

I'd defiantly like to see him on a season long loan.

covcity4life

he isonly 20 and not gonna be in man citys first teams plans yet

A season long loans makes sense,alot of teams will be after him though

championship or league one ill take him!

Nonleagueherewecome

I like him, but he seems to want to draw the foul rather than get a shot off! On the positive, 1 goal in 7 won't turn too many heads, and that brings him closer to our reach next season. All depends on staying up though, and that's still a long shot.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
One thing that does bug me is that after his first game, he said how happy he was as we let him play down the centre and not on the Wing, yet today (and other recent games) he seems to be encouraged to pull out wide. Is this something he's being told to do? If he doesn't like it out wide I cant imagine him doing it off his own back. Could be another example of us signing a striker (or player in general) who looks decent but we train their skill / good play out of them!!

Nonleagueherewecome

He was up front today, but strikers do go wide in a 2. Morrison was the most frustrating City striker to do it, Lukas too..even Marlon was always "working the flanks"!

ccfcway

I like him, but he seems to want to draw the foul rather than get a shot off! On the positive, 1 goal in 7 won't turn too many heads, and that brings him closer to our reach next season. All depends on staying up though, and that's still a long shot.

one in 13 now for us and Middlesborough

that should keep most clubs away

Nonleagueherewecome

1 in 17, he played 10 for boro and 7 for us.

Christ, that's almost Kevin Drinkell-esque! Still a good little player, mind. He wasn't at his best today but still gave defenders kittens. Works his balls off, too.

Si80

Isn't he out of contract in the summer with Man City? My boss at work thinks he'll be released by them (Man City season ticket holder) as they have some young striker (Guidetti I think) on their books smashing them in for fun for Feyenoord and he'll definitely be given the nod ahead of Nimely.

wingy

Althou he says he wants to play centre ,he's damn usefull out wide ,if scoring is'nt his natural forte ,maybe a shift ain't to bad an idea.

Nick

Administrator
Isn't he out of contract in the summer with Man City? My boss at work thinks he'll be released by them (Man City season ticket holder) as they have some young striker (Guidetti I think) on their books smashing them in for fun for Feyenoord and he'll definitely be given the nod ahead of Nimely.

I think he has just signed a new contract.

Users who are viewing this thread