Nicola Payne Documentary (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Anyone watched it on Prime? 'The never ending murder' for those who are interested

How Barwell and O'Reilly have literally gotten away with this for 30 odd years is absolutely mind blowing. Its a very informative documentary, also find the whole side of her boyfriend at the times family a bit weird, maybe they know what happened?

A shame her mum has passed away before they find her, but if she is in Coombe Abbey as they suspect I wouldnt hold out much hope for her father to still be around if they do recover her.

Such a sad story

fernandopartridge

Anyone watched it on Prime? 'The never ending murder' for those who are interested

How Barwell and O'Reilly have literally gotten away with this for 30 odd years is absolutely mind blowing. Its a very informative documentary, also find the whole side of her boyfriend at the times family a bit weird, maybe they know what happened?

A shame her mum has passed away before they find her, but if she is in Coombe Abbey as they suspect I wouldnt hold out much hope for her father to still be around if they do recover her.

Such a sad story
They both got cleared at trial though didn't they.

GIMOC

They both got cleared at trial though didn't they.

everyone in cov know it’s Barwell. him and his son pair of wrong’uns involved in plenty of ‘underworld’ shit over the years. unfortunately for the paynes. back in 90’s the laws didn’t help the police and had their hands tied. If this happened today, there would have been successful convictions. I personally know Nigel, Nicola brother and my heart still goes out to him and his family today. anyone who has 5 mins, just google barwells, Coventry. both snr and jnr have caused misery to people over the years

Saddlebrains

everyone in cov know it’s Barwell. him and his son pair of wrong’uns involved in plenty of ‘underworld’ shit over the years. unfortunately for the paynes. back in 90’s the laws didn’t help the police and had their hands tied. If this happened today, there would have been successful convictions. I personally know Nigel, Nicola brother and my heart still goes out to him and his family today. anyone who has 5 mins, just google barwells, Coventry. both snr and jnr have caused misery to people over the years

Didn't Junior shoot a woman dead?

Gynnsthetonic

Yeah looks like one of the police originally didn't package up evidence properly so that's how they got off.

It does seem really weird, especially the boyfriend.
I going to watch it next few weeks, what's with the boyfriend though?

Nick

Administrator
Finished all the episodes now

Anyone got any theorys as to why she was killed?
I have no idea so would be conjecture.

Although the pubic hair in the tent means it may have been sexual.

The way the documentary came across was that her son went with the dad and hasn't really got much to do with her family. Speaks regularly.

Nick

Administrator
I still don't get why if those people were involved they haven't anonymously tipped off where to find her. In this day and age they could let the police know without dropping themselves in it.

clint van damme

I still don't get why if those people were involved they haven't anonymously tipped off where to find her. In this day and age they could let the police know without dropping themselves in it.

their DNA will be on the body probably.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Watched last night, was good, also a podcast 2 part episode worth a listen, investigative reporter been looking at and talking for last 4 years

duffer

their DNA will be on the body probably.

And because they are utter, lowlife, criminal scrotes, of course. I would think the chance of any viable DNA would be long gone now, but they might have been stupid enough to leave something else behind I suppose.

I like the thought that the renewed focus might make the guilty parties feel a bit uncomfortable at least - but the series was a bleak watch.

GIMOC

not sure why her boyfriend and son don’t make more of an effort to get justice. if that was my girlfriend or mum I’ll be doing everything

Saddlebrains

not sure why her boyfriend and son don’t make more of an effort to get justice. if that was my girlfriend or mum I’ll be doing everything

Yea very strange.

I still reckon the boyfriend was part of it/ knows what happened

RedSalmon

I understand that it is a very close community, but what were the links between all the parties involved before her disappearance? Cannot help but feel something happened before she went missing that contributed to it.

Saddlebrains

I understand that it is a very close community, but what were the links between all the parties involved before her disappearance? Cannot help but feel something happened before she went missing that contributed to it.

I think this kerfuffle in the red lion had something to do with it.

Also showed Nicolas partner and brothers had a link to Barwell

Nick

Administrator
I don't know how her brothers have held it together.

So much respect for that, id have ended up going full on vigilante.

clint van damme

I don't know how her brothers have held it together.

So much respect for that, id have ended up going full on vigilante.

Because then her parents would have lost a daughter and had their sons in prison and had even more on their plate and less of a support network.

Robinshio

the rumours at the time were definitely around the boyfriends family, before the Capri took focus
so what is the connection between Barwell and O Reilly and the boyfriends family

very suspicious around the movements, and the dad suggesting that Nicola never walked anywhere and doesnt believe she would have walked over there

Nobbie_67

I thought it was a good watch, brought it all back and I was shocked to see it was 32 years ago. Clearly more was left unsaid than they could legally get away with. Very much doubt we'll ever learn the truth now. Very sad

stupot07

The documentary made it sound as though the boyfriend did nothing to help.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

the rumours at the time were definitely around the boyfriends family, before the Capri took focus
so what is the connection between Barwell and O Reilly and the boyfriends family

very suspicious around the movements, and the dad suggesting that Nicola never walked anywhere and doesnt believe she would have walked over there

I found it strange that the documentary and also the investigation never focused more on Nicola never actually leaving her boyfriends house.

Those of us with kids you gain a sixth sense for that kind of thing dont you, and Nicolas dad has prevously voiced that he doesnt feel she ever took the walk to his. Such a sad story and i hope the family get some sort of closure off the back off this. Hopefully someone, because i bet a lot of people know, grows a pair and tells the police what they know

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I found it strange that the documentary and also the investigation never focused more on Nicola never actually leaving her boyfriends house.

Those of us with kids you gain a sixth sense for that kind of thing dont you, and Nicolas dad has prevously voiced that he doesnt feel she ever took the walk to his. Such a sad story and i hope the family get some sort of closure off the back off this. Hopefully someone, because i bet a lot of people know, grows a pair and tells the police what they know
The podcast covers this and questions did she actually leave the house that day and that she wasn’t seen from the previous day so had she gone missing even earlier.
@hill83 no good at a link but just put Nicola Payne in search on podcasts and it will find it

fernandopartridge

Gonna watch it tonight I think.

I remember them digging up the back garden of a house on Woodway Lane (just opposite the Walsgrave club) mid to late 90s, nothing came of it.

Always felt a bit eerie walking along the Black Pad too.

Johnnythespider

Half way through it will watch the rest later, the boyfriends reaction seems very odd to me, no panic or desire to find out what happened to her, I'd like more focus on the movements of all the main protagonists for a couple of days before her disappearance.

Walsgrave

Gonna watch it tonight I think.

I remember them digging up the back garden of a house on Woodway Lane (just opposite the Walsgrave club) mid to late 90s, nothing came of it.

Always felt a bit eerie walking along the Black Pad too.
Used to do a paper round on Woodway Walk/Close. Also used to kick a ball around the playing fields off Woodway Lane just in front of the Black Pad. It certainly has an eery feel to it. What I just don't understand is how easily the suspects were able to drive from the Black Pad to Frankwell Drive. I think the layout of the playing fields was somewhat different but it still doesn't seem so easy to just drive along there.

Users who are viewing this thread