Nicks in bed with Wasps!! (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

NlI8YM8.jpg

I suggest just like when the council or CT do this we all grumble in this thread.

Can’t believe Nick is paid by Wasps. SHFSBTHF

Nick

Administrator
Bastards. I blocked some the other day from certain categories to try and prevent the Chinese order bride. :(

Will try and find a way to block those too when I get in!

Didn't even get free tickets to rolling stones either.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Ah they have changed their ticketing people from ticketmaster to somebody called axs so where it was ticketmaster was blocked the new one wasn't :(

Hopefully it was just a dirty fling, the bedcovers are in the wash with bleach!

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
A conversation I can finally chime in on. It depends on the targeting metric, doesn't have to be previous internet activity, can be chosen specifically via URL by wasps. Nick doesn't get a say on what shows once he is part of the Google Display Network.

You can block certain URLs or categories but that's about it.

clint van damme

A conversation I can finally chime in on. It depends on the targeting metric, doesn't have to be previous internet activity, can be chosen specifically via URL by wasps. Nick doesn't get a say on what shows once he is part of the Google Display Network.

that explains why I'm constantly getting adverts for Chinese women even though my search history clearly demonstrates a penchant for Filipino lady boys.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Can it be in relation to the many many references to 'Wasps' on the website, too?

Interestingly, I have an advert for "Wesleyan Bank": Wesleyan Assurance Society is a financial services company that provides advice and products to select professional groups – notably GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers. The Society was founded in Birmingham back in 1841 and its head office remains in the city centre – based at Colmore Circus

I walk down Colmore Circus most days in Birmingham, so perhaps it's on location? i.e. it tracked Shmmee to the Ricoh?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Can it be in relation to the many many references to 'Wasps' on the website, too?

Interestingly, I have an advert for "Wesleyan Bank": Wesleyan Assurance Society is a financial services company that provides advice and products to select professional groups – notably GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers. The Society was founded in Birmingham back in 1841 and its head office remains in the city centre – based at Colmore Circus

I walk down Colmore Circus most days in Birmingham, so perhaps it's on location? i.e. it tracked Shmmee to the Ricoh?
Yes it can. You can target via keywords so if Wasps was a targeted keyword and it appeared on enough pages on this site it would show their adverts.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

And with relation to the Wesleyban Bank example, you can target via geographical location but usually more filters are put in place to make the targeting more specific. It could be they have someone managing their ads that doesnt know what they are doing and hasn't put any targeting in other than location, however, more likely it'll be Google have grouped you into a specific Audience who is 'interested in a financial product' or are targeting a specific demographic of income etc. There are lots of targeting groups, not always accurate, that Google have compiled based on your search history whilst logged into a Google product like Gmail or YouTube etc.

Last edited:

Sbarcher

I wouldn't mind being in bed with a Waspi (it's my age I'm afraid!)

WhaleOilBeefHooked

And with relation to the Wesleyban Bank example, you can target via geographical location but usually more filters are put in place to make the targeting more specific. It could be they have someone managing their ads that doesnt know what they are doing and hasn't put any targeting in other than location, however, more likely it'll be Google have grouped you into a specific Audience who is 'interested in a financial product' or are targeting a specific demographic of income etc. There are lots of targeting groups, not always accurate, that Google have compiled based on your search history was logged into a Google product like Gmail or YouTube etc.

Makes sense.

As I said, I walk down Colmore Row / Circus most days and I believe I allow Google tracking. Also looking at mortgages. Certainly not in their demographic though: GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers!

Nick

Administrator
On a note about adverts in general, I do think Google can listen in.

The other day was talking to my wife about a new drink. Didn't google it or type anything.

Went on a news app on my phone and I was hammered with adverts for it.

edgy

On a note about adverts in general, I do think Google can listen in.

The other day was talking to my wife about a new drink. Didn't google it or type anything.

Went on a news app on my phone and I was hammered with adverts for it.

Agree on this. Not sure how they do it. We've had similar things happen, talking about Gin. Then loads of Gin appears in adverts.
Also had adverts appear for things on my phone that I've search for on a works computer. The works computer doesn't have any of my personal accounts on it.

Nick

Administrator
Agree on this. Not sure how they do it. We've had similar things happen, talking about Gin. Then loads of Gin appears in adverts.
Also had adverts appear for things on my phone that I've search for on a works computer. The works computer doesn't have any of my personal accounts on it.
Must be through the mic. It was pretty weird.

torchomatic

I think shmmeee's sting operation has backfired.

fellatio_Martinez

Google and a lot of apps definitely listen in on your conversations and they're not even trying to cover it up. The next time you install a new app, look at the permissions it asks for. It wants access to your mic, messages, contacts etc and usually it's an app that doesn't require any of that for it's functions e.g a game or a calculator. Harvesting your info is very lucrative.

There's not an actual person listening in and it's all algorithms and bollocks but I wouldn't trust google. They're no doubt storing all this voice data like they do with location tracking and Internet activity. Google know more about me than anyone and it's scary.

Greggs

Google and a lot of apps definitely listen in on your conversations and they're not even trying to cover it up. The next time you install a new app, look at the permissions it asks for. It wants access to your mic, messages, contacts etc and usually it's an app that doesn't require any of that for it's functions e.g a game or a calculator. Harvesting your info is very lucrative.

There's not an actual person listening in and it's all algorithms and bollocks but I wouldn't trust google. They're no doubt storing all this voice data like they do with location tracking and Internet activity. Google know more about me than anyone and it's scary.
Yep. Google is the super computer we have always thought would take over the world. 20 years of harbouring all our info, that we have volunteered to them ourselves. It's scary when you actually think about it. I sometimes wish my mind wasn't open as to what really goes on in the world. I'd much rather have an interest in Celebrities or Eastenders!

Greggs

Must be through the mic. It was pretty weird.
Vids about it on youtube mate. Something to do with if you've any 'live' or 'streaming' app on your phone laptop etc.

fellatio_Martinez

Yep. Google is the super computer we have always thought would take over the world. 20 years of harbouring all our info, that we have volunteered to them ourselves. It's scary when you actually think about it. I sometimes wish my mind wasn't open as to what really goes on in the world. I'd much rather have an interest in Celebrities or Eastenders!

I think Google started with good intentions but have grown to be this huge insanely powerful beast that has influence in governments around the world.

Elon Musk said something that blew my mind. He thinks that the human race will be controlled by AI in the not too distant future and that we are already part cyborg because we use our smartphones for everything and this will grow to the stage where we won't use our thumbs to type anymore but a chip will be placed into our heads which will make everything instant which will completely change humanity.

He also reckons AI will learn everything it's took us thousands of years to learn in minutes and then evolve at a rate beyond human comprehension and kill us all because we ruined the planet and look like blubbering cave men to it.

But, onto the game on Saturday...

Users who are viewing this thread