Nick Grimshaw to Replace Moyles on BBC1 Breakfast (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't think I will listen as much, Grimshaw annoys me :(

Nick

Administrator
Something is a bit strange about it, I thought Moyles had just signed a new contract to last for a few years.

Pushed Out?

D

Deleted member 4232

gave up on music radio years ago.

sick of people playing songs at me.

CTID

Agree with you there Nick, i wont be listening as much now. grimmy is annoying, Scot Mills is about he only other DJ i can handle on R1.

wolfie

He pulls in 7.1 million listeners everyday. I for one will be switching off when he goes. The radio one boss wants to target listeners under 30. Is that because on ur 30th u stop listening to modern music???

wingy

More like around fifty ,thats when i deciced I cound'nt stand listening to that Fat Leeds Tosser!!!

Diehard Si

Think that will be the end of me listening to Radio 1. Moyles was the only one I'd listen to. I hate Scott Mills, he's utterly crap. I was relieved when Greg James took over but he's no better. GRIMshaw is actually probably even worse.

ajsccfc

It just means we have to listen to loads of cool speak and indie music T4 style :(

I think that the playlist is set in stone for morning and daytime so if you like the current selection you'll be alright, but the jibber-jabber will definitely be the T4 nonsense, ironically sneering at everything in sight.

squeeam

If you've got a DAB radio, or you can listen on Freeview and Sky, then I would thoroughly recommend Shaun Keaveny on 6 Music. Brilliant banter and fantastic music, new and old.

Marty

Can't stand Moyles, the guy is an utter plank. Arrow Rock is where the action is.. :guitar2:

Macca

I gave up radio years ago when playing music became secondary to egotistical presenters and there oh so amusing capers and japes!

Not sure I can endure any of the Radio 1 fools, with the exception of Zane Lowe. Chris Evans in the morning for me. And yes - I am over 35.

Diehard Si

I'm hoping he gets the breakfast show at Radio 2, same fun and frolics without having to listen to a track by Rihanna or Kesha

AlexJohnson93

I can't stand Moyles. He plays 1 song every half hour and the rest is him laughing at his own jokes. I quite like Grimmy tbh, more of a 1xtra guy though :pimp:

cornoccfc

I'll have no reason left to listen to radio 1 and therefore they'll be losing a listener from their target audience range :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

kdrinkell

Grimmy has to fill the shoes of the best Breakfast show DJ the beeb has ever had,I'd put my wages on him failing big daddy style.

Diehard Si

Can't believe that many ppl here listen to radio 1 still. Talksport all the way for me,
It's like The Sun of radio. I've been trying to listen on the way home this week. But it's very opinionated. It's about 50/50 talking and adverts.

Not really impressed

speedie87

It's like The Sun of radio. I've been trying to listen on the way home this week. But it's very opinionated. It's about 50/50 talking and adverts.

Not really impressed

Your be listening to drive with Adrian Durham, he,s been for ten years all he does he come out with outrageous comments to make ppl phone in!

Breakfast show is the best with alan brazil, and then hawksbee and Jacobs between 1-4.

SuperCov

Can't stand Moyles, haven't listened to radio 1 for close to ten years and I'm only 29. Much rather listen to music from the likes of The Beatles and The Stones, as well as some more of the modern rock/indie stuff. So it's Absolute radio for me. I do a lot of driving in my job so I'm always flicking through the stations, radio 2 is another station I listen to a lot, not too much modern mainstream stuff. TALKSport for me have the same subjects for each presenter! So whatever they talk about in the morning it's the same all day. Occasionally will put on 6 Music when at home, it is a station for those with a very varied music taste.

Grendel

I listen to Planet Rock and nothing else.

Real

I had the misfortune to listen to about half an hour of the Moyles show once when I had a new driver. If this was a reflection of his usual show I'm surprised anybody listens at all, it was non-stop childish drivel, to the point I could take no more an told the driver to turn it over, he moaned and said it was his car so he can have on what he likes, to which my reply was if you want to stay employed you'll switch it over.

Real

Can't believe that many ppl here listen to radio 1 still. Talksport all the way for me,

I agree with that, but it's not the same without Porky Parry, and there will never be a better talk host than the late great Mike Dickin.

curlyc_

Only hear moyles on the golden hour on a friday morning..................oooooo one year out. Radio 2, Absolute or talksport for me during the day. maybe TMS if its not raining....

CCFCSteve

Grimshaw is annoying but anything has to be better than Moyles. they wheel out the same crap that theyve done for years. Not enough music, hopefully grimshaw will change this.

usually talksport during the day for me but when you flick it over during the adds you dont want to listen to a DJ, who likes the sound of their own voice, dronning on about nothing. Agree with an earlier comment that Scott Mills is the only half decent entertaining one.

Users who are viewing this thread