Nice touch tonight-When will it turn toxic? (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

So was at Rotherham and tonight and both performances were dire but the players on the whole have been cut some slack given last year and fans seem relatively blasé about performances

Not sure if anyone noticed tonight but thought it was one nice touch. When Hagi Wright missed his 1 V 1, Robins i think was apprehensive about how the crowd would react and possibly turn on Wright.
When the Hagi Wright chant was sung directly after, Mark Robins faced singers corner and clapped for about a minute. Directly in response to the crowd.

When do we think things could turn toxic? Because we won’t afford the players a free ride off the back of last season forever?

Evo1883

So was at Rotherham and tonight and both performances were dire but the players on the whole have been cut some slack given last year and fans seem relatively blasé about performances

Not sure if anyone noticed tonight but thought it was one nice touch. When Hagi Wright missed his 1 V 1, Robins i think was apprehensive about how the crowd would react and possibly turn on Wright.
When the Hagi Wright chant was sung directly after, Mark Robins faced singers corner and clapped for about a minute. Directly in response to the crowd.

When do we think things could turn toxic? Because we won’t afford the players a free ride off the back of last season forever?

I noticed that, and the fans should continue to back the players

CCFCSteve

He mentioned it in the interview as well. Said it was great from the fans

Alkhen

Yeah that was decent of the crowd. Goodwill will fade for sure but he now need a chance to make amends. I hope he starts on Saturday. He got in the right places. Yes he fluffed his lines but nothing good will come with chopping and changing before players can find form

pusbccfc

We built our success in the past 4 seasons by getting behind the players no matter what.

A few bad months and we are in a fucking silent stadium chasing a lead. The fans aren't turning toxic, they just aren't making an effort to create an atmosphere.

Sbarcher

I snuck more snacks in tonight, gradually getting more and more in each week. Planning on smuggling a ploughman's crusty baguette in next match.
Is that a baguette Mr Greggs, or are you just pleased to see me?

Gint11

No single player deserves criticism. Equally so no single player deserves praise.

Wright is an easy target, so I'm glad the fans sung his name.

They lost as a team, not individuals

said it already but I though Wrights overall game was better than I’ve seen yet. His movement and endeavour was better and was a nuisance in the first half, unfortunately didn’t take his chances

Cov kid 55

Yeah that was decent of the crowd. Goodwill will fade for sure but he now need a chance to make amends. I hope he starts on Saturday. He got in the right places. Yes he fluffed his lines but nothing good will come with chopping and changing before players can find form
Agree, he should start on Saturday, he looked better last night, and it’s not as if Simms grabbed the shirt when he came on last night.

rob9872

I've just put it on another thread, but Wright an expensive flop our record signing who has do far given us nothing, gets 🎵 ole ole ole ole 🎵 after being shite. Wilson who contributed massively for us and was signed on a free gets an embarrassing ironic cheer for catching the next ball. I didn't hear super Ben Wilson in goal after his clanger.

Matt smith

I've just put it on another thread, but Wright an expensive flop our record signing who has do far given us nothing, gets 🎵 ole ole ole ole 🎵 after being shite. Wilson who contributed massively for us and was signed on a free gets an embarrassing ironic cheer for catching the next ball. I didn't hear super Ben Wilson in goal after his clanger.
Fair way of looking at it actually.

djr8369

said it already but I though Wrights overall game was better than I’ve seen yet. His movement and endeavour was better and was a nuisance in the first half, unfortunately didn’t take his chances
He was looking for the ball and to make the run plenty. Unfortunately every player knocks it 5 years sideways asking a teammate to take responsibility.

Saddlebrains

Stoke i reckon

When we get our customary loss to Preston Saturday, the pressure is really on v Stoke

And with Rose and McNally returning, they'll have a point to prove, watch them be solid

When we go a goal down to Stoke in 11 days i think that's when it will turn

rob9872

Stoke i reckon

When we get our customary loss to Preston Saturday, the pressure is really on v Stoke

And with Rose and McNally returning, they'll have a point to prove, watch them be solid

When we go a goal down to Stoke in 11 days i think that's when it will turn
Yep will definitely be a home game. I think most travellers like a day on the lash and refuse to let the football spoil it.

Nobbie_67

First match that I can recall where there wasn’t a There’s only one Mark Robinschant in the game?

Not turning toxic yet, but increasing signs of discontent for sure.

Onto Preston we go, a win over our bogey team would do wonders for the team and fan morale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

First match that I can recall where there wasn’t a There’s only one Mark Robinschant in the game?

Not turning toxic yet, but increasing signs of discontent for sure.

Onto Preston we go, a win over our bogey team would do wonders for the team and fan morale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was. Quite early on.

Bertola

I didn't spot Robins, but I did notice Da Silva doing the same. Haji is clearly a popular member of the dressing room, and it shows theres still a decent team spirit in the camp despite this run

CCFCSteve

Yeah, can’t argue with that. It was only a handful of idiots for the ironic cheer though. Wilson should’ve been supported

Bizarrely I also think it’s partly to do with the actual songs. The fans like that Wright song 🤷‍♂️. Simms doesn’t get a sniff of a song being sung. Was the same with Vik for ages, fans singing hamer song regularly even when it’s Vik winning us games. Fans are strange !

hinckley cov

That’s what I thought, and the midfield need to read his runs because he made a few good runs last night but our midfield were not on the same wavelength.

Users who are viewing this thread