Next up (1 Viewer)

Otis

Watford are at home? :thinking about:Sorry, you've lost me? You talking about the Bristol game?

Last edited:

Otis

Easy games for donny & bristol.

Why? Just like Derby at home was an easy game for Doncaster you mean? :thinking about:

Would be a big worry going into the Cardiff game if Bristol and Forest somehow won on Tuesday. We would then be 7 points adrift with the Cardiff game to come.

Last edited:

Covstu

It would be an amazing result if we get a point against Cardiff, i can see donny and BC picking up at least a point in their games. We need to make the home games count now, really do!

coundonskyblue

Why? Just like Derby at home was an easy game for Doncaster you mean? :thinking about:

Would be a big worry going into the Cardiff game if Bristol and Forest somehow won on Tuesday. We would then be 7 points adrift with the Cardiff game to come.

Well some on here are saying were going to be ok because we've got to play teams down at the bottom. If we're dead certs to beat Millwall then you have to say the same about Doncaster.

EleanorRigby

I am looking at Forest and Peterborough as the ones to catch. We have 9 games and need to win atleast 5 and anything else is a bonus and i see Cardiff away as a bonus if we win or get a point.

Otis

Well some on here are saying were going to be ok because we've got to play teams down at the bottom. If we're dead certs to beat Millwall then you have to say the same about Doncaster.

I for one have never said we are dead certs and have the Millwall game down as a draw.

coundonskyblue

I for one have never said we are dead certs and have the Millwall game down as a draw.

Didnt specifically mean you, just some on here. They seem to think we will beat the likes of Millwall but Doncaster, Bristol, Pompey wont. They are just as capable of beating them as us.

Otis

Totally agree.

These 4 games are going to be really tough. Would think Pompey would be our best chance of a win, possibly Peterborough too, but Millwall will be really tough, as will Doncaster.

Brighton Sky Blue

Millwall have played well recently and are far from a certain 3 points. More likely is that every game will be tense and decided by fine margins-much like how this season has gone.

smileycov

Facebook User
i still believe we can win our remaining home games. doncaster for example have not been as good at home lately as we have. that is why i am confident of home wins. however as this league continues to prove, no results are certain. i personally think millwall have performed better away than at home latrely so they will beat donny imo. we will have tough game with em, but as said earlier i am confident at home now. if we are to beat cardiff away, now is probally a good time tp meet them as they seem to be struggling. maybe saturdays point will be the confidence boost we needed.

Paxman II

cardiff in a dip just lately and old boys Gunna and Turner may not like facing their old team mates wanting to make fools of them....at least that's what I'd be asking my players to do! Think it will be very tough to get something though. maybe we will catch them on a downer....

ccfcrob

Cardiff are ona real bad run we can definately get a point there

Grendel

We need a couple of things to happen.

Results go our way tuesday so even if we lose the gap doesn't widen.
We beat bristol away.

Despite some people on here mocking me for deriding doncasters approach their recruitment of the latest band of mercenaries has resulted in 1 win in 10. Portsmouth look gone so we need really to accumulate more points than Bristol or forest.

Have to beat Bristol and probably get 10 points from the 4 home games. A big ask.

I am sure the ricoh will be full to the rafters to see if the great escape can happen.

ccfcdan

Yeh im glad ive got a season ticket, i bet the rest of our home games will be sold out now with the fans all backing the boy's!

Grendel

Me two. I'll be getting there early to avoid the rush - 2.55 should do it.

Otis

I am always in the ground by 2.15.

Like a bleedin ghost town it is. Always have to drop my daughter off so am always there early. Souless at the best of times i know, but at 2.15 the only thing to do is to watch the tumbleweed blowing across the malls.

Brighton Sky Blue

We need a couple of things to happen.

Results go our way tuesday so even if we lose the gap doesn't widen.
We beat bristol away.

Despite some people on here mocking me for deriding doncasters approach their recruitment of the latest band of mercenaries has resulted in 1 win in 10. Portsmouth look gone so we need really to accumulate more points than Bristol or forest.

Have to beat Bristol and probably get 10 points from the 4 home games. A big ask.

I am sure the ricoh will be full to the rafters to see if the great escape can happen.

Odd Duffy that our pal Manish described Donny as 'in form' on the back of that-not sure where they're getting their stats from.

Grendel

Odd Duffy that our pal Manish described Donny as 'in form' on the back of that-not sure where they're getting their stats from.

I think the opinion of the football man on the show was more relevant I think when asked about the whole ghastly Mackay project.

ccfcway

Cardiff are ona real bad run we can definately get a point there

just like ipswich were when they came to the ricoh

just like forest were when we went to theres

we do like to give teams helping hands when they are in a bad run !

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the opinion of the football man on the show was more relevant I think when asked about the whole ghastly Mackay project.

Difficult to see what Manish really brings to that show to be honest-why he sees fit to start every programme on the balcony is an added mystery.

Paxman II

The way we set the side up is crucial for this game. Will Turner dominate Platt? Quick easy feet on the ground is not Turner forte? I'd like to make a case for Cody and Nimely in there with Macca.
Deagan will be a crucial element. He needs to have a fighting win all in midfield type of game.
Cranie needs a rocket for his error prone mistakes.

Grendel

Difficult to see what Manish really brings to that show to be honest-why he sees fit to start every programme on the balcony is an added mystery.

He's a pleasant enough guy and fronts the show ok. I think he used to present cricket highlights perhaps that's his sport of choice? Football knowledge is limited, probably watches too many dull 1960's cartoons...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nobody has said we are dead certs to beat Millwall, simply identified that as a game we must realistically be winning if we are to stay in the division.

sky_blue_up_north

Bristol away if our Cup Final, win that we have good chance of escaping

Grendel

Otis

Yep. I really think if we lose and Forest and Bristol somehow both win, that could be the killer blow for us. i think if the gap widens to 7 points that may totally demoralise us.

smileycov

Facebook User
I think people thought Donny were in good form, beacuse they have picked up a couple of decent draws and win at Forest.In reality we can make a case for most down the bottom. Win some lose some, we all would be flying if we had consistency that is the problem affecting all the clubs. the 1 thing in our favour is our current home form, it gives us an opportunity especially since we have Millwall, Donny, Pompey and P'Boro to play there. Pre league cup final i would have said cardiff will hammer us, now though i am not sure. we held on and battled for point saturday so that gives me some heart, maybe could grab a draw....maybe not. As stated on here though, it is all down to how forest and bristol do compared to us. keep em close and i think we can do it. To late in the season for a gap to form. 4 points is manageable IMO.

Otis

I don't think we will get hammered by Cardiff. Think we will lose though unfortunately.

covcity4life

I don't think we will get hammered by Cardiff. Think we will lose though unfortunately.

yeh i kno its kinda weird,im more concerned with forest/donny/millwall losing on tuesday than i am cov winning/drawing on wednesday

shortening the gap would be great(still gutted pompey didnt beat bristol) but not letting it get any bigger is quite frankly vital

i tihnk from next 2 fixtures bristol will get 3pts,forest 1pt,doncaster 1pt,millwall 2 pts and cov 3 pts which will help us gain on 3 teams and keep 4 pt gap with the other,heres hoping!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread