Next two games? (1 Viewer)

callumeast

Been discussed before, but with two potentially pivotal games for our season in a week, I'd like to see what people think the scenario will be this time next week having played both games.

I think we'll take 1 point from the two games, and will slip into 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Great Eastern

Been discussed before, but with two potentially pivotal games for our season in a week, I'd like to see what people think the scenario will be this time next week having played both games.

and a happy New year to you too.....

Brylowes

Do you really think they are better than us-don't think we should be afraid of either of these.Think positive

callumeast

Do you really think they are better than us-don't think we should be afraid of either of these.Think positive

Don't think they're better than us no, just think we'll get beaten by Walsall and get a point against Burton. Hope I'm wrong. Been positive all season, and honestly I'm not being pessimistic or saying they're miles better and were shite blah blah blah, just a gut feeling about these next two games..

Brylowes

Don't think they're better than us no, just think we'll get beaten by Walsall and get a point against Burton. Hope I'm wrong. Been positive all season, and honestly I'm not being pessimistic or saying they're miles better and were shite blah blah blah, just a gut feeling about these next two games..

Fair enough.But I just think we're a different animal now. If we start slow & or go behind we have the team &(bench) to pull it round.

skyblue1991

Tomorrow is the harder game I think.

Draw tomorrow and win on Sat. Would take that in a heartbeat.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

After the Gillingham game don't see why we can smash both of them. They'll be playing for draws though to be sure

rupert_bear

They will both be well concerned about us, will be interested in our starting line up v Walsall although winning our last game 5-0 I think TM will bring in Rammage and Hunt

skybluelee

They will both be well concerned about us, will be interested in our starting line up v Walsall although winning our last game 5-0 I think TM will bring in Rammage and Hunt

Are you 'in the know' about Hunt because it defies logic to me that he will be anywhere close to the starting XI? He hasn't played competitively for months.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Are you 'in the know' about Hunt because it defies logic to me that he will be anywhere close to the starting XI? He hasn't played competitively for months.

Agree be surprised if he's on the bench even.

Do think Cole will start 1 of the 2 so would expect JOB to start the other, personally play JOB tomorrow night and Cole Saturday.

Otis

Well my gut feeling is that we will beat Walsall. I feel really good about this game.

1. We have had a chance to re-charge our batteries and get players back fit.

2. We have brought in reinforcements.

3. Armstrong is back scoring again.

4. James Maddison should be back to full fitness.

5. Big crowd, so could well be a great atmosphere. We do need to start off on the front foot for that to happen though.

6. Walsall played Saturday, we didn't.

7. We didn't turn up for the first game, something I'm sure will very much form part of TM's team talk.

8. We are still unbeaten at home. Why would anyone believe we are going to lose when we have such a great home record?

I feel really positive about this game. I believe we will win and think Burton might just be a draw, but I see no reason why we can't win both!

rupert_bear

Because of the type of player he is. I believe he had been at Ipswich who cancelled his contract just before Xmas and he had been here a week or so on trial, he will be fit enougj

Pipehitterz

After the Gillingham game don't see why we can smash both of them. They'll be playing for draws though to be sure

2 teams above us that have scored as many, if not more goals than us?
you really think theyll be laying for a draw??

at burton we played pretty poorly and won
at walsall we played poorly and lost

i cant see past 6 points
only realistic result will be 2 points

cant see us losing either

Otis

i cant see past 6 points

We played poorly at Burton? Really?

We put in a really gritty, determined performance and deservedly won the game.

It wasn't pretty, but it sure as hell was effective. In what way did we play poorly would you say?

ajsccfc

Seems a bit of a convoluted setup for a later 'told you so' with the gleeful escape route of 'glad I got it wrong!'

Liquid Gold

2 massive games coming up and would be over the moon with 4 points.

If we win both of these games I think we will then be favourites to go up, loose both and I think we should then be looking at how to traverse the playoffs.

torchomatic

I remember there was a downbeat kind of vibe before the Gillingham game as they were riding high yet it turned out to be one of the best performances I'd ever seen from my team. I believe that we can win both but would be happy with four points from the two games. We can beat anyone on our day and with a big crowd behind us...we can really put on a show.

clint van damme

I believe that if we can take 7 points from the next 3 games then it will virtually guarantee a play off place, (barring a monumental collapse in the last couple of months of the season). Then I'll start dreaming about automatic promotion.

Skyblueweeman

I genuinely have a feeling that if we win both of these games, we'll go on to win the league...I don't know why, just a gut feeling.

That said, I'm going to both game so we'll probably struggle to get 2 points...

rupert_bear

It comes from years of let downs when it comes to the big games, l remember that JPT game v Crewe and there's been plenty of others, just think we'll be up for these two but we have the squad now to almost put two different attack options out and a manager who normally gets the bid decisions right

Brylowes

i cant see past 6 points

Thought we played ok at burton against a team that had forgotten how to lose at home.
At Walsall we sucommed to JMs injury early on and had to change tac .know doubt Walsall will try to keep it tight but I think TM will go for the jugular-if the early goal comes we offcould be safe by H-T.would take boring 0-0 second half.
How we play against burton will depend on how we play on Tuesday,how burton play against us also will come down to this.

covcity4life

i think walsall will be a really tough game, i would take a draw right now

burton however i think will be like gillingham game,even if they are top we will blow them away i think

4pts either way will be brilliant

Brylowes

i think walsall will be a really tough game, i would take a draw right now

burton however i think will be like gillingham game,even if they are top we will blow them away i think

4pts either way will be brilliant
At the moment,can't see why anyone would take a draw come on think positive,were gonna do this.

Otis

We will win both handsomly !

stop fretting
It's like people were saying we would lose to Crewe 'cos that's what Coventry City do.'

Well this season this is a Coventry City I don't recognise. A Coventry City transformed from previous seasons.

We have a belief now, we have a great manager now, the football is better, we're faster, stronger, we have the top goalscorer in the league and have many other players that would be in any League One side of the season.

Don't get the negativity or apprehension. We've only lost 4 games all season and are unbeaten at home too.

We've also just strengthened the squad to boot.

This is NOT the same Coventry City anymore. This is a Coventry City that is strong and right up there with the best in this division.

I am not apprehensive at all. I cannot wait for the rest of the season. Seems to me that unless we have a dramatic nosedive, which seems really, really unlikely, having just strengthened instead of our getting weaker (which was my one fear pre-season, that injuries could hurt us) then we will have a play-off place at least.

At home with the top goalscorer and a big crowd you have to believe we win win this game tomorrow.

Don't fret indeed.

Kingokings204

I would take 1 win and 1 loss and maybe even two draws and 4 or 6 points is just dream land.

covcity4life

It's like people were saying we would lose to Crewe 'cos that's what Coventry City do.'

Well this season this is a Coventry City I don't recognise. A Coventry City transformed from previous seasons.

We have a belief now, we have a great manager now, the football is better, we're faster, stronger, we have the top goalscorer in the league and have many other players that would be in any League One side of the season.

Don't get the negativity or apprehension. We've only lost 4 games all season and are unbeaten at home too.

We've also just strengthened the squad to boot.

This is NOT the same Coventry City anymore. This is a Coventry City that is strong and right up there with the best in this division.

I am not apprehensive at all. I cannot wait for the rest of the season. Seems to me that unless we have a dramatic nosedive, which seems really, really unlikely, having just strengthened instead of our getting weaker (which was my one fear pre-season, that injuries could hurt us) then we will have a play-off place at least.

At home with the top goalscorer and a big crowd you have to believe we win win this game tomorrow.

Don't fret indeed.

errr its nothing like that otis

are you seriously saying anyone who doesnt expect us to win every single game this season is just negative?

this is nothing like crewe and the normal nay sayers. its a game vs title rivals and only team to out play us. a draw would be a fine

but you keep fishing for likes

Users who are viewing this thread