Next Supporters forum 30/9/21 5pm (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

3oclock games can't be streamed. It's a government ruling as far as I'm aware.
Doesn't that date back to the Burnley chairman in the 60s thinking that if a game was on TV nobody would show up to watch Burnley? These things can be changed if there's the will, an exemption was made last season so it clearly can be done.

Just seems to be turning down revenue from people who wouldn't otherwise be at games. I would think there's more chance of someone not travelling to a game hours away midweek but they happily allow those to be shown on Sky & ifollow.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Is this forum a closed shop, why can't fans attend and hold it at the Sky Blue Tavern!

Probably because the AGM was arranged before the Sky Blue Taven was open.

Should be an opportunity to hold it at the Taven in the future.

SBAndy

3oclock games can't be streamed. It's a government ruling as far as I'm aware.

You are correct, but the EFL were surveying on this very subject 3-4 months ago. If there’s no prospect of the 3pm blackout changing then it was a waste of research. I’m merely asking the question.

Garryb80

You are correct, but the EFL were surveying on this very subject 3-4 months ago. If there’s no prospect of the 3pm blackout changing then it was a waste of research. I’m merely asking the question.
It won't change. If streams are allowed the main broadcasters would kick off and crowds would diminish.

Garryb80

Doesn't that date back to the Burnley chairman in the 60s thinking that if a game was on TV nobody would show up to watch Burnley? These things can be changed if there's the will, an exemption was made last season so it clearly can be done.

Just seems to be turning down revenue from people who wouldn't otherwise be at games. I would think there's more chance of someone not travelling to a game hours away midweek but they happily allow those to be shown on Sky & ifollow.
Exemption made because they couldn't have crowds. Not a chance now fans can go that restrictions will be lifted. Also broadcasters like sky would not be impressed

Sky Blue Pete

Exemption made because they couldn't have crowds. Not a chance now fans can go that restrictions will be lifted. Also broadcasters like sky would not be impressed
I’m not sure that’s true. It’s the concern though clearly as Mr Boddy thinks it’s highly unlikely to change any time soon

PurpleBin

This might have been asked before so apologies if so.

Would the club consider shuttle buses from Cov station to the ground of a match day? Obviously chargeable. Might encourage more walk ups as well.

The train up always seems to be either too early or too late. Taxi is 15 quid each way and I'm not keen on a bus that stops at every stop...

slowpoke

I would like a question asked which
probably can only be answered by Joy Sepalla who obviously won’t be there & that’s from a football point of view what are sisu plans for the club going forward and would they finance either from themselves or investors a meaningful promotion push to the PL.
Apparently she attended yesterday’s match v ‘Boro any significance in that or was it just a jolly.

SlowerThanPlatt

probably can only be answered by Joy Sepalla who obviously won’t be there & that’s from a football point of view what are sisu plans for the club going forward and would they finance either from themselves or investors a meaningful promotion push to the PL.
Apparently she attended yesterday’s match v ‘Boro any significance in that or was it just a jolly.

Of course not. That isn’t the SISU way

Grendel

You already know the answer will be no

Sky Blue Pete

She’s there on Wednesday too I believe. And I think you’re right. Any discussion like that would be with her rather than Dave Boddy. It’s an interesting one though. What figure would you think would be required for a meaningful investment?
What could CCFC do to show they were looking higher up? The performances this season suggest robins is progressing everything already

SlowerThanPlatt

She’s there on Wednesday too I believe. And I think you’re right. Any discussion like that would be with her rather than Dave Boddy. It’s an interesting one though. What figure would you think would be required for a meaningful investment?
What could CCFC do to show they were looking higher up? The performances this season suggest robins is progressing everything alredy

Some progress or update on the supposed new ground would be nice

slowpoke

What could CCFC do to show they were looking higher up? The performances this season suggest robins is progressing everything already
Well that’s a positive Sepalla being there and a surprise to be honest. I’m not putting a figure on it but it’s obvious Robins was stalled financially in his very successful squad build this summer.
On a positive he didn’t need as I expected to cash in on one of our star names. But if we are to keep these players, add better quality and put a serious challenge at the top end of the division it can’t be done on a shoe string.
Well I will put a figure on it if Robins had an extra million quid this summer not a lot in football terms he would I’m certain added a couple more to our squad.

chiefdave

Would the club consider shuttle buses from Cov station to the ground of a match day? Obviously chargeable. Might encourage more walk ups as well.

The train up always seems to be either too early or too late. Taxi is 15 quid each way and I'm not keen on a bus that stops at every stop...
This place is less than 10 minutes walk from the station.

wingy

Might as well use this , what it was built for I think.

Shared route
From Coventry to Coventry Building Society Arena, departs from Coventry.

9 min

1. Board West Midlands Trains at Coventry
2. Arrive at location: Get off at Coventry Arena
3. Head north
4. Turn left
5. Turn right
6. Arrive at location: Coventry Building Society Arena
For the best route leaving now visit Coventry to Coventry Building Society Arena

shmmeee

I wanted to get the train from Bedduth yesterday and the first me just before and after the game doesn’t run so you have to get there at 1:30. Is it the same from Cov?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I second this

slowpoke

I wanted to get the train from Bedduth yesterday and the first me just before and after the game doesn’t run so you have to get there at 1:30. Is it the same from Cov?
Thing is with the trains it’s only one carriage every half hour either way I think and that’s if it stops I don’t think they all do not ideal really.

shmmeee

Thing is with the trains it’s only one carriage every half hour either way I think and that’s if it stops I don’t think they all do not ideal really.

There’s a train every hour at half past every hour apart from the 2:30 and 5:30 trains on match day.

Here’s today’s and next Saturdays times:

9ADD0467-A98A-41AD-AEBD-6A6057D762E3.jpeg 5E784269-212E-436C-A736-A86C6D94FE8F.jpeg

Can’t get yesterday’s or next 3pm Sat kickoff times at the moment but yesterday there was one at 1:20 ish and one at 3:20ish and none at 2:20ish

Edit: found it on another site:
BB80EBF4-5C73-4169-A76D-AD0391EAF7DA.jpeg

Clearly they cancel the train an hour before games. It’s the same after a game. Nuts.

wingy

There’s a train every hour at half past every hour apart from the 2:30 and 5:30 trains on match day.

View attachment 21763View attachment 21764

Can’t get yesterday’s or next 3pm Sat kickoff times at the moment but yesterday there was one at 1:20 ish and one at 3:20ish and none at 2:20ish

View attachment 21765

Clearly they cancel the train an hour before games. It’s the same after a game. Nuts.
Absolutely nuts.

clint van damme

View attachment 21763View attachment 21764

View attachment 21765

Get one of these, you on one side kids on the other, should only take about an hour.

pumpl2.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

Can I say with respect don’t bother with that football stadium bollox not happening, might be a training ground facility in league with Warwick Uni which would be a good thing imo.
Stick to our on the field future.

Disagree Rupert, Boddy as recently as the Forest game is committed to the new ground. I would love to hear more about it

slowpoke

Absolute bull & bollocks we have a ground we are in it. Do you really believe a new ground will be built anywhere let alone in the middle of the most affluent area of the city.

PurpleBin

On the theme of buses (again) have they ever thought about busesin from the likes of Nuneaton,

Yeah but they dont seem to offer the travel without a pint. So 9 quid with a pint is good but if you just want to get to the ground, not so much.

slowpoke

I remember when there must have been a dozen or more coaches and double deckers come from Nuneaton alone others from Leamington and Rugby as well as a fleet of corporation buses waiting outside the spurn kop at the end of the month.
The good old days.

SBT

Absolute bull & bollocks we have a ground we are in it. Do you really believe a new ground will be built anywhere let alone in the middle of the most affluent area of the city.

Almost no-one does now - although apparently quite a few more people did this time one year ago.

Either way, we deserve to know why this laughable new stadium project is still SISU’s best attempt at a public strategy to secure the club’s long term future. Until they’re persuaded to abandon it, we’re stuck in the same cycle of various temporary deals at the Ricoh, interspersed with a few seasons in Birmingham, Northampton or anywhere that’ll take us when the negotiations inevitably go sour.

Sky Blue Pete

Have chased the travel. Duggins gave me a link to the council Lead for the rail and bus and the company responsible. The issue is rail carriages and they don’t have the rail stock to put more on. I said that’s really not good enough. I’ve raised it with Dave and Derek and the company and the council and got nowhere it’s a disgrace to be honest. Coventrians Need to raise it with their councillors and the company. Club both ccfc and wasps have got nowhere

chiefdave

Wasn't there some sort of green travel plan when the stadium opened that required buses to be put on from all over the city as they hadn't been allowed as much car parking as they originally wanted.

Have I imagined that and if not does it still exist?

Philosorapter

Have chased the travel. Duggins gave me a link to the council Lead for the rail and bus and the company responsible. The issue is rail carriages and they don’t have the rail stock to put more on. I said that’s really not good enough. I’ve raised it with Dave and Derek and the company and the council and got nowhere it’s a disgrace to be honest. Coventrians Need to raise it with their councillors and the company. Club both ccfc and wasps have got nowhere

I believe CCC et al can now be sidestepped and the responsibility for the trains after CCC signed the wonderful WM Devolution deal belongs to Andy Street.

shmmeee

I don’t get this. Are they saying because there’s only three carriages too many people would catch the train and it would be overcrowded? Couldn’t they just not let people on?

Seems very weird, like stopping commuter trains into London.

Users who are viewing this thread