Next Supporters forum 30/9/21 5pm (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I think it was also positioned there so 'Ricoh' got its name out there quite a lot.

More likely RICOH put their name theRW because that’s where the cameras point IMO. Can you name any stadium that doesn’t have cameras pointed at the subs bench?

shmmeee

Nah, it's the big wall that's there allowed their name to be printed on it, and seen by the huge TV audience that tune in for our games.

This is one of the weirder Arena conspiracy theories I’ve come across on here I’ll give you that.

shmmeee

What, that there's a big wall where Ricoh was emblazoned?!?

That a minor photocopier manufacturer got the stadium designed purely for their increased exposure.

Boxes go behind the directors box, subs bench goes in front, cameras point at both, large blank wall good place for sponsors.

Grendel

I think it needs to be focused on commercial and administration areas and the the fact that the club do not seem to have made the step up in those areas at Championship level.

Turnstiles - many remain on the West Side unopened and there are large queues. It is an automated system so why are so few open?
Food and Beverage areas - The queues are not acceptable. The club I am sure will attempt to say this is not their remit but it will be and is down to them the resources they deploy. Its a poor half time experience
Match packages - This is a really poor effort by the club. Its lazy and ill thought out. What strategy went into determining the price for these?
Away tickets - It seems this again is a demonstration of poor resources
Reward vouchers - poor communication strategy which has led to what should have been a feel good offer to be negative due to lack of ability to package vouchers through 1 delivery option
Season Tickets - they will not say but I would be interested to see if they can give price indications for next season and if they want to attract high percentage through season tickets or will adopt a price based on average ticket prices. Wasps have a very different approach and charge for different areas and views - will we look at this?
Parking - Can the club look going forward at getting a deal with Glide and offer a combination package? Car Park C remains under utilised due to high cost. Can the club not look to get a partnership arrangement and offer package deals for Season Ticket holders and also match package holders to incorporate parking as part of a package?
U23 Promotions - The hosting of that is a good selling point to young families. Can packages be offered by data capture of attendees through and opt in offer for lapsed and non purchasers of matchday games - that will get them to matches.
Commercial Sponsorship - Pete / Mark as you know from my DM this is a disaster and an embarrassment. Every other sporting club in Coventry has a better response to this than the football club.

SlowerThanPlatt

What is happening with ticketing? Are the problems we have had due to our low staffing numbers or is there a problem with Ticketmaster - if so how has this happened and how will it be addressed? As the season moves forward can we try to get away tickets on sale earlier, so that tickets reach general sale at least a week ahead of any match?

They have been advertising for a few more staff

COV

More likely RICOH put their name theRW because that’s where the cameras point IMO. Can you name any stadium that doesn’t have cameras pointed at the subs bench?

Maybe missing the point here but there are loads? Anfield, Old Trafford, Emirates, Etihad plus more

shmmeee

Maybe missing the point here but there are loads? Anfield, Old Trafford, Emirates, Etihad plus more

Just looked at Anfield from what I can tell the bench is in the Kenny Dalgleish stand and the cameras are opposite in the Main Stand?

Liquid Gold

Can you ask why there is a need for a steward to stand by the turnstile to check your ticket before you put it in the automatic ticket reader.

I understand there are ones there to frisk and check bags but there seems to be way too many and it slows the queues down. Just have a couple going up the queues to check then 1 person on hand to help those having trouble.

Also why the need for the huge fences behind the away end still. Away fans travelling back into town still walk into home fans and home fans heading towards Holbrooks still walk into away fans. It’s a pointless waste of time that doesn’t happen at any other stadium.

Liquid Gold

Just looked at Anfield from what I can tell the bench is in the Kenny Dalgleish stand and the cameras are opposite in the Main Stand?
Both in the main stand, Stamford Bridge, Goodson and I think st James’ are the same too.

Far more likely to look away from the bench than towards it.

COV

Don't think so- go on youtube at a liverpool game. Derby, Sunderland, Newcastle, Sheff Weds, Chelsea, Sheff Utd, Leeds, West Ham- cameras are in the same stand as the benches

shmmeee

Both in the main stand, Stamford Bridge, Goodson and I think st James’ are the same too.

Far more likely to look away from the bench than towards it.

Ah! You’re right. Website confusing as has pic from the other stand. My bad.

Dunno then.

shmmeee

Don't think so- go on youtube at a liverpool game. Derby, Sunderland, Newcastle, Sheff Weds, Chelsea, Sheff Utd, Leeds, West Ham- cameras are in the same stand as the benches

No you’re right. My mistake. Is strange then.

COV

No you’re right. My mistake. Is strange then.

Its got me thinking why you'd bother splitting it out, would have thought all the facilities would be on the same side, especially in the new grounds to save cost. No idea if there's any specific reason for it apart from aesthetics.

chiefdave

The only major stadium I can definitely say it's on the other side is Wembley and people constantly complain at how shit it looks as the posh seats are empty
Believe Wembley is setup so cameras can be on either side. Sure I've been to games where there's been the English camera crews on one side and the overseas broadcaster on the other, complete with different advertising for each broadcaster.

Liquid Gold

Believe Wembley is setup so cameras can be on either side. Sure I've been to games where there's been the English camera crews on one side and the overseas broadcaster on the other, complete with different advertising for each broadcaster.
Don't know why that would happen, the bit in the middle was specifically built as the TV camera area

1630511317657.png

chiefdave

Don't know why that would happen, the bit in the middle was specifically built as the TV camera area
This was a few years ago, think Wembley use Parallel Ads now to change the pitch side advertising depending on where they're sending the feed to.

Edit: looked it up to check I wasn't going mad! Put it in a quote to stop it taking up the entire page.

Last edited:

Gint11

Stadium update. The club are doing some brilliant things but we cannot take the foot off the gas now we’re back at the Ricoh. The 10 year countdown is ticking and it will take years to build one so what’s the plan?

Covkid1968#

Fans village drinking area??? Lots of money to be made from getting us all to the ground earlier. Whilst I’m not one, there are lots of sensible City fans who would drink and behave themselves

larry_david

Yes, they do a good job answering fans but I find the output media wise generally lacking compared to other clubs. They used to upload the U18 and U23 goals, don’t know why they stopped that…if they don’t have the staffing levels for away games, they could liaise with the other clubs?
Yep agree with this. Players put their highlights of 23 games on their Instagram stories so why can't the club put out a 23s highlights package? They don't even report the line ups now for under 18s and its been common knowledge on here Tyler has gone to Brighton, and alebi has signed so why hasn't that been announced?

Perhaps an intro to meeting the under 18s with a profile on the website? I know it's not majorly important but we need to start expanding the brand of Coventry city

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Call me old fashioned, but the stadium we're supposed to be playing in definitely comes under the heading "match day stuff".

have a day off

SlowerThanPlatt

Yep agree with this. Players put their highlights of 23 games on their Instagram stories so why can't the club put out a 23s highlights package? They don't even report the line ups now for under 18s and its been common knowledge on here Tyler has gone to Brighton, and alebi has signed so why hasn't that been announced?

Perhaps an intro to meeting the under 18s with a profile on the website? I know it's not majorly important but we need to start expanding the brand of Coventry city

A journalism student would jump at the chance to cover a pro club for 1 or 2 days a week. The club haven’t even announced the new scholars…which you can find on here

DannyThomas_1981

Clive pronounces it as yokeres and it annoys me. Should be yerkeres.

Then again, that is probably the least of his worries. Pretty sure he got his own name wrong the other day.

Love it.

Speaking of which I often think I'm losing my mind (or I've had a few too many) watching I-follow as Clive describes the action and calls out players names - as the players he identifies are frequently not the players involved in making that pass/receiving the ball and are most likely on the other side of the pitch....

Even Oggy joined in on the action for the Reading game...not realising for a full 10 minutes that DaCosta had been subbed.....

Excluding mistaken identity of 60% of the team during games and Clive's need to go absolutely mental when the oppo crosses the half way line (which frequently gave me heart attacks on the radio coverage)......I seriously do enjoy Clive's commentary.

I also like Oggy but wouldn't mind a few guest 3rd commentators every now and again to hear a different voice/opinion. Anyone apart from the CCFC bloke who does the welcome to Cov interviews.

SlowerThanPlatt

Love it.

Speaking of which I often think I'm losing my mind (or I've had a few too many) watching I-follow as Clive describes the action and calls out players names - as the players he identifies are frequently not the players involved in making that pass/receiving the ball and are most likely on the other side of the pitch....

Even Oggy joined in on the action for the Reading game...not realising for a full 10 minutes that DaCosta had been subbed.....

Excluding mistaken identity of 60% of the team during games and Clive's need to go absolutely mental when the oppo crosses the half way line (which frequently gave me heart attacks on the radio coverage)......I seriously do enjoy Clive's commentary.

I also like Oggy but wouldn't mind a few guest 3rd commentators every now and again to hear a different voice/opinion. Anyone apart from the CCFC bloke who does the welcome to Cov interviews.

I find Eakin okay as far as local commentators go, usually pretty unbiased. Think it was the Norwich ones last season who were awful

SBAndy

Appreciate it’s not in the club’s direct remit, but has there been any discussion with the EFL regarding streaming of games in the future? There was a lot of research seemingly commissioned last season and then everything has reverted to normal.

Reactions: TTG

Garryb80

Appreciate it’s not in the club’s direct remit, but has there been any discussion with the EFL regarding streaming of games in the future? There was a lot of research seemingly commissioned last season and then everything has reverted to normal.
3oclock games can't be streamed. It's a government ruling as far as I'm aware.

Users who are viewing this thread