Next Seasons Ups & Downs (1 Viewer)

Mr B

So with the 2012/13 season drawing to a close we have a clearer picture of who the League 1 new boys will be next year.

Coming up from League 2 Gillingham, Rotherham and Port Vale none of which I am considerably bothered about with one from Burton Albion, Cheltenham, Northampton and Bradford again no real worries I think.

Coming down from The Championship Bristol City who I think will be mid-table as they look a spent force, Wolves look down and this is the team I worry about as I think if they keep most of their side they will be the team to beat next year then one from Barnsley and Peterborough who could struggle and Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Blackburn alll of whom can be contenders.

I would really be worried about Wolves, Blackburn and Wednesday plus the three teams who loose in the playoffs but I think Coventry will probably be mid-table again next year unless the soap opera at the club is sorted soon, whats everyone elses thoughts?

psgm1

Banned
Well our beloved leader said we had a side to chase promotion. I wonder was this with or without the players who he has told they are surplus to requirement.

I fear they will try a portsmouth style muliple loans throughout the season deal, which as has been proven will pretty much guarantee relegation.

Hugh Jarse

Do we still lose another 10 points next year when/if we come out of receivership?

If so, I think we'll be in the bottom third of the table. If not, then I reckon we could be middle or just above. I don't think we'll go up, we just don't have the players and I don't think we could attract those kind of players with the club in the state that it's in.

stupot07

Well our beloved leader said we had a side to chase promotion. I wonder was this with or without the players who he has told they are surplus to requirement.

I fear they will try a portsmouth style muliple loans throughout the season deal, which as has been proven will pretty much guarantee relegation.

Pressley has said he doesn't particularly like loanees and prefers to work with players who belong to the club.

stupot07

Do we still lose another 10 points next year when/if we come out of receivership?

If so, I think we'll be in the bottom third of the table. If not, then I reckon we could be middle or just above. I don't think we'll go up, we just don't have the players and I don't think we could attract those kind of players with the club in the state that it's in.

Yes I believe so, you only avoid the second deduction if you come out of admin the same season you entered it.

sky blue john

Sisu have gone back to the identical plan of our last championship season !!
so unless we have a new owner i predict relegation !!!!

WillieStanley

Actually, I think we'll see a minimum of loans. Pressley said he doesn't believe in the Loan system and tries to avoid it. Bad news IMHO.

The CableGuy

So with the 2012/13 season drawing to a close we have a clearer picture of who the League 1 new boys will be next year.

Coming up from League 2 Gillingham, Rotherham and Port Vale none of which I am considerably bothered about with one from Burton Albion, Cheltenham, Northampton and Bradford again no real worries I think.

Coming down from The Championship Bristol City who I think will be mid-table as they look a spent force, Wolves look down and this is the team I worry about as I think if they keep most of their side they will be the team to beat next year then one from Barnsley and Peterborough who could struggle and Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Blackburn alll of whom can be contenders.

I would really be worried about Wolves, Blackburn and Wednesday plus the three teams who loose in the playoffs but I think Coventry will probably be mid-table again next year unless the soap opera at the club is sorted soon, whats everyone elses thoughts?

I wouldn't write off Bristol, they will also be keeping most of their squad. I expect Wolves to be up there as well, Saunders left Donny in a good position in this league.

I suspect that at least one of the promoted teams will do well. They have what we have lacked for eons - true momentum, and a knowledge of how to win games throughout a whole season.

Users who are viewing this thread