Next seasons start date (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Rumours are next season will start on Weekend of August 29th or Saturday September 12th.

No other news sadly on if fans would be allowed or anything as of yet.

shmmeee

Rumours are next season will start on Weekend of August 29th or Saturday September 12th.

No other news sadly on if fans would be allowed or anything as of yet.

August bank holiday weekend would be nice. Considering we’re all probably going to have to watch it on the telly anyway.

Malaka

they will have to commit as season ticket pricing will be affected. I would rather wait and be able to go to the games

chiefdave

How much could a club make from ifollow, ? think we would have a decent take up
The actual average ticket price is normally far lower than people realise once season tickets, concessions etc are taken into account so probably not that different to what they'd make on ifollow. Difference will be multiple people watching one stream.

Magwitch

I’m sure I read on here it costs £10 to have I follow i reckon there could be 10/15000 houses who would subscribe to ifollow which ccfc would profit from home and away games, a lot more than we have taken in gate receipts this season.

shmmeee

I’m sure I read on here it costs £10 to have I follow i reckon there could be 10/15000 houses who would subscribe to ifollow which ccfc would profit from home and away games, a lot more than we have taken in gate receipts this season.

Same issue though, once you account for multiple people in a household and discounts for season passes it’ll be far less than £10/person/game that gets to them. Especially when the FB cunts are streaming it.

Nick

Administrator
Same issue though, once you account for multiple people in a household and discounts for season passes it’ll be far less than £10/person/game that gets to them. Especially when the FB cunts are streaming it.

Exactly, they would need to really clamp down on that. Thousands watch his stream on Facebook.

chiefdave

There was over 1,000 people on that FB group sharing a single stream of our home games when we were actually allowed to go to games. Imagine how many that would be now.

Liquid Gold

I think the club take 70% of anything you take for ifollow but after vat that is only £5.60. I've heard we make around £10 per head on ticket sales normally. If that was to continue we'd be looking at £100,000 ish per game at St Andrews, £100,000 is also the fee sky pay for a home game in the Championship so lets hope we make it on there more often than not, even if it is annoying with a season pass.

Nick

Administrator
There was over 1,000 people on that FB group sharing a single stream of our home games when we were actually allowed to go to games. Imagine how many that would be now.
Exactly, people wouldn't pay.

Same with pubs.

Liquid Gold

Same lot that moan about us selling players, that forum is a cesspit of casual fans that don't attend games and haven't a clue what they're on about.

Marty

Exactly, people wouldn't pay.

Same with pubs.

I watch that stream for the odd game I don't attend, but I would definitely pay for it next season if we aren't allowed back, club needs every penny.

rob9872

All the figures quoted for tickets and ifollow include vat too

Legia Sky Blue

If that were to happen at the start of next season where ifollow was the club's only source of match day income, it would be imperative to grass up any FB group or other, that share the stream beyond the reach of an individual household.

shmmeee

I watch that stream for the odd game I don't attend, but I would definitely pay for it next season if we aren't allowed back, club needs every penny.

Hate to be that guy but you’re stealing from a club that can’t afford it.

Magwitch

To be honest I don’t see many households who would have a room full of others every week does that happen when we are on Sky the odd time. Some will, some will fiddle to get a stream without paying, happens now but a good majority I’m certain would pay their tenner per game and tune in.

shmmeee

To be honest I don’t see many households who would have a room full of others every week does that happen when we are on Sky the odd time. Some will, some will fiddle to get a stream without paying, happens now but a good majority I’m certain would pay their tenner per game and tune in.

There’s thousands on FB, more on IPTV, pubs that show it illegally, and yes football is a community game so people invite friends and family over for the game. I’d estimate the club would get close to £2-3 per person per game all told, up to 80% less than with tickets.

If we start behind closed doors then they need to crack down on that shit and I’d argue give the clubs a higher percentage.

Magwitch

The club would get £7 per subscriber I think 15000+ subscribers is possible as I said there are always fiddlers but there are lots never heard of ifollow once the knowledge is out there people will sign up friend of mine for example ex season ticket holder but can’t go now for medical reasons will definitely get it there will be plenty like him I’d think.

chiefdave

A lot of people go to games with family members, can see them getting together to watch games. But as you say I'm not sure you'll havre groups of people getting together a couple of times a week to watch our games - the novelty would soon wear off.

You could also get people who wouldn't bother to, or aren't able to, attend games watching so its all a bit of an unknown.

harvey098

Hate to be that guy but you’re stealing from a club that can’t afford it.

I have to admit I have watched the odd Saturday 3pm away game through it for free. If there was an option to pay for it, I would’ve but I didn’t see it as stealing because the alternative was to listen to it on the radio where the club would’ve benefited the same.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I have to admit I have watched the odd Saturday 3pm away game through it for free. If there was an option to pay for it, I would’ve but I didn’t see it as stealing because the alternative was to listen to it on the radio where the club would’ve benefited the same.
Yeah, in all competitions (inc checkatrade) I missed 11 games season just gone. I didnt pay for iFollow on any as the games I missed was because I was out the country or busy, however, I will contribute whenever possible, and if the new season games are available to pay to watch, I will certainly pay to watch it. However, if there is no other alternative and there was a free stream I too would watch it. However, I think it's being implied that most of the 1000+ who watch that stream won't bother paying if it was an option, and worryingly, that's probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread