Next Season's Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

'who knowns wtf will be happening'................................and that's the main problem !!!

ashbyjan

For value I believe our tickets are very comparable with other clubs and the club has put in place easy payment schemes etc to make them accessible for most. Whatever the price there will be someone who cannot afford it - sad but true.

I doubt the season ticket delay has anything to do with frozen bank accounts probably more likely that one of the 3rd Party Debt orders is on the company that offers the credit facilities for the season tickets so any money that went to them would go straight to ACL and not the club. Could also simply be that the club is too big a credit risk for anyone to want to do business with them.

These are educated guesses and not based on any information the Trust has gained so please treat as such

Last edited:

elephanttears

I dont think the amount of season ticket holders would be any less than this seasons. I think what we get now is pretty much the minimum we would get whatever league we are in. Some drop out some start going again. I dont think the price matters for the majority of people who get them its just a habit to go. I broke that habit 3 years ago and pick and choose now. I wont get a season ticket unless were in the Premiership and i wouldnt care what the price was.

Mucca Mad Boys

No. I know a 70 year old man who has supported City for 65 years and went to every home game at Highfield Road and The Ricoh until this season, cus his Season Ticket was too expensive for him. A tradition that had spanned his whole life was gone cus of the greediness of the corperate morons at this club. I have to pay for my own ST and im struggling finding the money for it. At the end of the day, the football this season has been awful except for about 4 home games and i paid £210 for the pleasure. I love my club and i will support them til the day i die, but next season we'll be paying more for the same kind of football. Whacking up ST prices this season, £28 for me, to watch football in a much shitter league is ridiculous. People who have loved this sport and this club their whole lives cant keep up this tradition cus of the prices. £210 is a lot fo money for this kind of football. THAT is why im concidering not renewing my ST, and im sure im not alone

The teams with cheaper 'cheapest ST' than us are, Walsall and Hartlepool and only 6 (!) teams in L2 have cheaper 'cheapest ST' than us. We've got cheap ST and as Jan pointed out, some won't be able to afford it, that's just the way it is, but it isn't down to the "greediness of the corporate morons at this club" - here, you are totally wrong. We have competitive ST prices yet there aren't many takers, a testiment to how apathetic the people of the city are to it's football club.

I think some, not necessarily you or the man you describe, use tis as an excuse not to go, and the real reason they don't go is because they CBA, we have some pretty shit fans outside of our core.

Since the only revenue we get from match day, our ticket prices need to be quite high, because the F&B revenue streams go into ACL's pocket, they aren't giving that right up without a fight, so ask yourself, is it really just SISU who are greedy?

Ashdown1

I shall be looking for my 21st ST, but I won't be rushing into it until the club has sorted out this long running row and the embargo has been lifted meaning we have a chance of completing a season. There must be a glut of clubs in a financial mess and without sugar Daddies ?? I read the other day that Hereford lost nearly £500,000 playing at their level?

The teams with cheaper 'cheapest ST' than us are, Walsall and Hartlepool and only 6 (!) teams in L2 have cheaper 'cheapest ST' than us. We've got cheap ST and as Jan pointed out, some won't be able to afford it, that's just the way it is, but it isn't down to the "greediness of the corporate morons at this club" - here, you are totally wrong. We have competitive ST prices yet there aren't many takers, a testiment to how apathetic the people of the city are to it's football club.

I think some, not necessarily you or the man you describe, use tis as an excuse not to go, and the real reason they don't go is because they CBA, we have some pretty shit fans outside of our core.

Since the only revenue we get from match day, our ticket prices need to be quite high, because the F&B revenue streams go into ACL's pocket, they aren't giving that right up without a fight, so ask yourself, is it really just SISU who are greedy?

But you have to admit, whacxking the prices up by £20 for a league lower, with awful football is not acceptable

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

No. I know a 70 year old man who has supported City for 65 years and went to every home game at Highfield Road and The Ricoh until this season, cus his Season Ticket was too expensive for him. A tradition that had spanned his whole life was gone cus of the greediness of the corperate morons at this club. I have to pay for my own ST and im struggling finding the money for it. At the end of the day, the football this season has been awful except for about 4 home games and i paid £210 for the pleasure. I love my club and i will support them til the day i die, but next season we'll be paying more for the same kind of football. Whacking up ST prices this season, £28 for me, to watch football in a much shitter league is ridiculous. People who have loved this sport and this club their whole lives cant keep up this tradition cus of the prices. £210 is a lot fo money for this kind of football. THAT is why im concidering not renewing my ST, and im sure im not alone

It seems the colleges don't teach spelling and grammar any more...

LJC_CCFC

But you have to admit, whacxking the prices up by £20 for a league lower, with awful football is not acceptable

The football this season has seen us score more goals and apart from Saturday and a couple of games at the start we've played much better football...I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the last and the one before that and the one before that...

Mucca Mad Boys

Have we moved it up again for 13/14 season?

Or are you on about the 12/13 being higher than the 11/12?

The latter, I'd say it is acceptable, not ideal, but acceptable because the ST prices for the relegation season were as 'cheap as chips' so I didn't complain much and looking at cost per game, it's £8 for me (for 23 games) which is still very good value for money. It's just a shame we can't keep it together at home.

Have we moved it up again for 13/14 season?

Or are you on about the 12/13 being higher than the 11/12?

The latter, I'd say it is acceptable, not ideal, but acceptable because the ST prices for the relegation season were as 'cheap as chips' so I didn't complain much and looking at cost per game, it's £8 for me (for 23 games) which is still very good value for money. It's just a shame we can't keep it together at home.

The performances at HOME are what is p*ssing me off. I paid over £200 to see us lose most of our games and play crap in the process. If we were losing away too it would make it easier but we're awesome away. Thats why im planning to go the Pompey game, cus it will be a much better day out and we'll see a better performance, but it will cost me like £50 quid to see 1 game So you can either pay the IMO very pricy ST prices for the crap we see at the Ricoh or more to have a great day out and see much better football. Mind you, it could just be me going tot he games that are jynxing it. I am in seat 13 after all ;)

torchomatic

Not really, divide £20 by the number of home games we have per season. Not much, is it?

torchomatic

We all want to see our team win more, but there are no guarantees.

The performances at HOME are what is p*ssing me off. I paid over £200 to see us lose most of our games and play crap in the process. If we were losing away too it would make it easier but we're awesome away. Thats why im planning to go the Pompey game, cus it will be a much better day out and we'll see a better performance, but it will cost me like £50 quid to see 1 game So you can either pay the IMO very pricy ST prices for the crap we see at the Ricoh or more to have a great day out and see much better football. Mind you, it could just be me going tot he games that are jynxing it. I am in seat 13 after all ;)

We all want to see our team win more, but there are no guarantees.

It just annoys me that we play so well away but when i pay to go to the games we play awful. The Swindon game is the worst i ever been to. It was only the 2nd time i have EVER left a game early, and i stayed until 2 minutes after the 2nd goal

torchomatic

Ah you're young. I have 30 years on you and I've seen loads of rubbish games!

Mucca Mad Boys

It isn't that pricy though, you still haven't acknowledged the fact we have very cheap ST, £8 for an hour and half worth of football, it's worth it, yes we've been shit at home, but when buying my ST I couldn't foresee that could I? If we all had hindsight we'd all would've got an away ST and not bothered with most of the home games.

Please do not tell me you believe in jinxing and all that nonsense?

ashbyjan

If Swindon was the worst game you have been to you have many many worse games to come - been watching City for over 40 years and the number of dire matches outweighs the greats but the crap fades from the memory quickly and the great games remain. Its those great games that keep you going through these hard times.

I have a lot of admiration for younger City fans as us old farts can harp back to top flight matches against great clubs and obviously 87 for our greatest day - what have the youngsters got? An away win in the cup at Man Utd? Blackburn? Being outclassed at Arsenal and Spurs? It would be much easier to just support Chelski or Manure so you guys have my respect.

It isn't that pricy though, you still haven't acknowledged the fact we have very cheap ST, £8 for an hour and half worth of football, it's worth it, yes we've been shit at home, but when buying my ST I couldn't foresee that could I? If we all had hindsight we'd all would've got an away ST and not bothered with most of the home games.

Please do not tell me you believe in jinxing and all that nonsense?

No Taylor, its called a joke? Ever heard of it? And i recognise what you're saying and i respect your opinion, but in my point of view, it is ridiculous to whack up prices despite going down a league. Surely, if you're paying for football of a lower quality, you should pay less? I understand that it would be a bad buisiness decision and unfortunatley, football is now a buisiness, not a sport, but i would have thought the ST would stay the same price?

ashbyjan

As I understand it the intention is to hold prices at this season level - but these plans are on ice until all the disputes are sorted

If Swindon was the worst game you have been to you have many many worse games to come - been watching City for over 40 years and the number of dire matches outweighs the greats but the crap fades from the memory quickly and the great games remain. Its those great games that keep you going through these hard times.

I have a lot of admiration for younger City fans as us old farts can harp back to top flight matches against great clubs and obviously 87 for our greatest day - what have the youngsters got? An away win in the cup at Man Utd? Blackburn? Being outclassed at Arsenal and Spurs? It would be much easier to just support Chelski or Manure so you guys have my respect.

Same here, i would have loved the see City in their hayday, but im 17 and i havent seen many good moments. I wasnt allowed to go to games on my own til 4 years ago, and the Spurs game was my first away game for 10 years as my dad was too busy and my mum is a Leciester fan (yes, i know, awful ent it). There have bene some good moments in my CCFC life, like the Boro game last season, probaly the best game i been to as a CCFC fan, but in my 3 years goign to games regularly, the Swindon game was by far the worst i ever seen

RegiswasGod

I think for a lot of people the decision to buy a season ticket will depend on a number of factors. Who will the new manager be? For example, if we get a manager that likes to play good football (eg Steve Coppell) then more people will want to come along. If we get a poor manager (eg Curle), it will struggle to inspire. Also, will we still be under a transfer embargo? If we are, that will mean some people will not want to spend their hard earned and not very dispensable cash watching the same players who are not up to standard (sorry, it's true). Will the rent row be sorted. Will the threat of insolvency be lifted? A few people I'm sure will not risk buying a season ticket if there is a genuine threat of us not seeing out the season. Also, the price. If the prices do go up, I see that as an issue. Why buy a season ticket when you can pick and choose your games and probably just come along when there is an offer on or a top 6 club coming to the Ricoh.
The club is in a state and people are getting very disillusioned. It will have an impact on sales, that's for sure.

Flying Fokker

Everyone has an opt out on whether to buy a season ticket. If you want to sit at home occasionally then that is OK. Jacking it in completely does not work and you will end up going shopping with the mrs or becoming an acloholic if you stay at home for every game.

Just buy the season ticket (Oh shit, SISU will still be here, what now?) and go to about 15 games and you will still be quids in.

For those of you who struggle to budget. Why not do what was suggested on here a few weeks ago. Put £6 in the piggy bank for the whole year and you will be able to afford a ticket. It is only a big hit in the first year because you have to buy the ticket and still save at the same time for the following season. From there on it will be fine. I will be doing that from now on even though I have no problems budgeting for the matches through direct debit.
Problem is i can't get any other Fokker to go with me!!

Just adding about the people getting disillusioned. It has been happening for years and is likely to continue for several more to come if this off field crap continues.

Last edited:

Ashdown1

There must be a few these days that struggle for companions at the City now, we've all lost regular attendees I'm sure, Until we were relegated from the Prem, there were 6 of us, all at the Rose and Crown every home game but this dwindled and now I go up with a couple of different mates who like me drag the kids along now and again and although its okay, most weeks its not the same as the old days.

ashbyjan

In agreement with you there Ash - when we first started at the Ricoh there was a group of 19 of us spanning four generations, over the years that group is down to 7, and next year may dwindle even further. Nothing really to do with pricing more disillusionment with the club, its ambition, results etc and the hard part all those people have now found alternative pursuits to fill their Sat afternoons and will take some major persuading to come back on anything like a regular basis.

Ashdown1

Its down to 12 dismal and declining years on the pitch predominantly and the constant off field uncertainty that has plagued us since the days of playing all the kids under Macca. The Ricoh was a positive blip and should have initiated a surge of interest that would last longer than 2 years but then all the 'operation premiership' bullshit and rotation of one poor manager after another began. We had it right for 2 1/2 months this season and look at the support it generated, especially away from the Coventry public, I had real renewed excitement for the matches for the first time in years.

skyblueelephant

I'm pretty sure that our season tickets cost more than any teams above us excluding the top 10 teams in the PL. There was a study on ticket prices for Fooball lubs carried about some months ago and thats what i remember

Only 3 teams in the division have Season tickets cheaper than our cheapest and 13 clubs have season tickets which are more expensive than our most expensive.

In simple terms the season tickets the club offer are very good value compared to most clubs in the division, especially as we are one of the 'biggest' clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Covcraig@bury

Well im not bothering with a season ticket next season, after 30 years and travelling 275 miles round trip every home game to watch utter shite, enough is enough and whats the point? you can get a ticket whenever you want.Plus all the shit thats going on off the field is just grinding me down. Sisu,CCC and ACL SORT this shit out or there will be no Team in the City to watch !!!!!:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread