Next Seasons season ticket...or not. (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

After 52 years in the bag ( not including Shitfields). I'm gonna have to say it will have to take a big push to make me renew my ST for next season. The whole set up between CCC, CCFC, Higgs, and of course "W"shhhhh (don't want it to go the sub forum) is just beyond belief. Something has to be given back to the fans first to dangle the carrot to make us believe again cos at the moment I'm not seeing the positives to make me want to commit to a whole season up front again. Or am I just being unreasonable and that the powers that be have it all sorted for an attack to the top?

Last edited:

wafw1971

I was thinking the same, I want concrete proof of a new stadium or proof of proper investment in the team. If i get neither im going to have to pick and choose games.

cloughie

I was thinking the same, I want concrete proof of a new stadium or proof of proper investment in the team. If i get neither im going to have to pick and choose games.

Exactly my thoughts sisu have even further disinterested me with their bull and waffle. They have no interest in CCFC regarding football

stupot07

Yes. But if the ricoh really starts to feel like we're squating in wasps pad. Then I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wafw1971

Yes. But if the ricoh really starts to feel like we're squating in wasps pad. Then I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think with all the pictures I have seen already I think it will feel like this on Saturday already. I feel disappointed and let down the way the whole saga has unfolded.

skybluetony176

I'm not and never have been a season ticket holder but ironically I've been to more games upto this point this season than any since I started going 20 years ago.

For me its a case of not appreciating what you've got until its gone. Now its back I'm going to appreciate it.

bringbackrattles

I never renewed my season ticket this season let alone the next campaign. I still go to home games though but have missed a couple through lack of motivation.I'll always go to games even in League Two but that doesn't mean I'm happy with our crappy owners far from it,but I'm a Coventry fan and will never let SISU or anyone else stop me from being one.

Terry Gibson's perm

I renewed my season ticket when we returned to the Ricoh but after the first couple of games I wished I hadn't bothered and have not bothered going to a couple of the games already. I will wait to see what Sisu do in January and in the summer but I will wait until the last minute in the summer to see if they invest. If they do I will but would also like to see a bit more cost cutting off the field Fisher or Waggot not both although I would prefer neither and some of these marketing people like Scope are a waste of money.

Noggin

While It appears to me that the plan is hang around while cutting the budget to the bone hoping to make money by selling kids and getting the occasional big cup game I won't be supporting the club financially (he says wearing his sky blue christmas jumper :p) if sisu leave or somehow they manage to convince me that they do have the clubs best interests at heart (and they are a million miles away from that at the moment) I will get a season ticket.

Wheelfass

While It appears to me that the plan is hang around while cutting the budget to the bone hoping to make money by selling kids and getting the occasional big cup game I won't be supporting the club financially (he says wearing his sky blue christmas jumper :p) if sisu leave or somehow they manage to convince me that they do have the clubs best interests at heart (and they are a million miles away from that at the moment) I will get a season ticket.
Noggin, I think you have hit it on the head. If the present owners can motivate us/me enough then maybe the hand will go into the pocket. Without considerable encouragement from them then "it's a NO from me". I've seen just a third and a second division championship with a FA cup victory in more.than 52 years of support.

shy_tall_knight

Renewed this year for both me and my youngest, January is key for me, if its more loans and no new purchases and in summer SISU are still in charge then I'm out.

hill83

Not for me. Already given my season ticket for this season to my dad so his mates can have free tickets.
I'm done unfortunately.

Wheelfass

I think it's important to make the distinction between buying a ST or supporting the team match by match or when the occasion suits and fits. The thread is about season ticket sales and putting your hard earned £'s up front into the unknown world of Sisu's spin and BS............or maybe not?

hill83

I've just had enough of football and all of the culture involved in it. Not arsed about what Sisu do or don't do, or say or don't say. I'm just done. I don't even come on here as much as I used to.

wingy

I've just had enough of football and all of the culture involved in it. Not arsed about what Sisu do or don't do, or say or don't say. I'm just done. I don't even come on here as much as I used to.
Sad
Sorry to hear this Hill
Will miss the humour and Gifs

Flying Fokker

At the moment ..My season ticket is my last.NO....i'm fed up, will not follow any club away from the Ricoh......But here's the problem. I hate the thought of the Ricoh being in Wasps hands. So I can't see myself going up next season.

Nick

Administrator
Sad
Sorry to hear this Hill
Will miss the humour and Gifs
Cant wait until we don't need a degree in accounts to follow a team and just talk about tactics, lazy players, tickets, pay on the gate, football league show every day!

Wheelfass

Cant wait until we don't need a degree in accounts to follow a team and just talk about tactics, lazy players, tickets, pay on the gate, football league show every day!
Unfortunately Nick that's where we are. It may be useful for the custodians of our once great club to finally realise that we have ran out of patience with their regime. And while we will always support the team that bears the name of our City we will no longer tolerate its mismanagement by a non understanding and un patriotic bunch of financiers that have no connection with our city or the pride that we all feel towards it.

SkyBlueSid

I feel like that about the game in general. Add on the state of the club I've supported since 1963 and there isn't much going for football at the moment.

I had a ST for 46 years before Sixfields. When we returned to the Ricoh I (and wife) rashly renewed but, like some others, are regretting it now. Even the 50-mile round trip never bothered us before but we are struggling to bother now.

We haven't been since the Peterborough game. We missed Worcester, Plymouth and Notts County because we were on holiday, booked in January. We had something better to do for Walsall, previously unheard of. We shall be there on Saturday and for Chesterfield though. Sadly, the decision not to renew next season is already made. It would need something extraordinary to happen to get us back after this season.

ccfc_Tom

Currently I doubt I will unless things improve on the pitch and a bit of ambition in January and the summer. Already started to regret getting it this season

Seaside-Skyblue

Noggin, I think you have hit it on the head. If the present owners can motivate us/me enough then maybe the hand will go into the pocket. Without considerable encouragement from them then "it's a NO from me". I've seen just a third and a second division championship with a FA cup victory in more.than 52 years of support.
Just 2 relegations for me :-(

RedSalmon

Sums up just how I feel about the whole game. Only come on here out of habit and to read all the usual bollocks.

The whole game leaves me cold right now and in all honesty there are far better ways of spending my hard earned cash.

Sad really but I don't even miss it now.

Sky Blue Kid

It's sickening to see what has happened to our Club over the last 7 years, under a leadership of people with no, or very little knowledge of the glorious game. People that lack the feeling of belonging. People that couldn't give a toss for 130 years of community spirit have, IMO almost totally destroyed not the biggest, but definately the best, friendliest, football club in Britain. Things must be bad coz hill83 hasn't posted much lately ;)

sky_blue_up_north

Been a fans for over 50 years but The whole saga of the Ricoh, the court cases, selling our best young talent, releasing our best players, the 'New Stadium' bollocks, awful performances on the pitch, lack of ambition, 200 mile round trip to home games, owners who don't care, match day experience, prices for parking, cost of food and drink.... I could go on.... only my 7 year old grandson is the reason I go now, and maybe the only reason next season. I've booked holidays next year when we have games, never ever done that before. If things don't change the fan based is going to be down to a couple of 1000 at the most next season.

zuni

think its my last st, feels dirty that what was built for us has been won by someone else and we are just lodgers and always will be from here on in....

Warwickhunt

I will renew if the latter part of this season we look like we are playing as a team and entertain me irrelivent of winning or losing! the optimum is entertaining football not the stop/start sterile shite that is being served up in the name of football.

Wheelfass

ST holders form a good percentage of the core support who's tickets automatically count for the gate on the day of a game whether they attend or not. I really hope that someone in Sisu towers takes notice of the fans opinions here and acts in such a way that makes us feel that we will just have to renew next season. So far it's not looking very likely.

Samo

After 52 years in the bag ( not including Shitfields). I'm gonna have to say it will have to take a big push to make me renew my ST for next season. The whole set up between CCC, CCFC, Higgs, and of course "W"shhhhh (don't want it to go the sub forum) is just beyond belief. Something has to be given back to the fans first to dangle the carrot to make us believe again cos at the moment I'm not seeing the positives to make me want to commit to a whole season up front again. Or am I just being unreasonable and that the powers that be have it all sorted for an attack to the top?

Yep, when we returned to the Ricoh I was thrilled for obvious reasons but also because the timing of events in my personal life meant that I could attend regularly for the first time in years. The Wasps thing has taken away all hope for me and I'm struggling to find the will to attend at all. I know people will say 'any excuse' but without any hope of anything other than this grinding awfulness it just seems so pointless.

jassie78

Me and my friend renewed our season tickets when we heard city will be playing in Ricoh again and was very optimistic about the future i.e short term cheaper rent deal and possibly sisu getting atleast 50% stake in Ricoh so the club can move forward. I can't say how disappointed I am with the Sisu going through all these court battles with council/acl with in affect Wasp buying the Ricoh. I feel so annoyed with Sisu they don't back Pressley with transfer budgets but go for cheap option of loans and even then we miss out on good targets because we are a joke of a club. My mood has lifted a bit since we tighten up in defence and I hope Pressley gets the backing from board in Jan. I will see how this season goes and what players we get in for next season and what ambition the club shows before I consider renewing ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread