Bertola

Jun 5, 2011
Assume Monzo would see us ending ties with CBS? Would be odd to have two banks on the shirt.... If so, I imagine KoS moves to the back of shirt sponsor?

skybluelee

May 29, 2011
Weymouth
The issue with Hummel shirts is most blokes are a 40 chest and their sizings ignore this.

Medium 38-40 Large 42-44. No 40-42.

Fucking weird and annoying as you end up
With a really fucking tight medium or a baggy as fuck large.

Don’t really get it.

As for the white striped home kit this year-should never have been signed off by the club-atrociously designed and embarrassing-considering the previous years excellent offering.

The material was substandard too-club asking for cheapest and basic shirt so that profit margins larger.

I used to work in the clothing manufacturing industry and we’re talking probably around a fiver a shirt to make-tops.

Blackout shirt-again cost saving 1 colour print-especially if badge and sponsor not ironed on transfer.

Will wait and see but can’t see it getting any better next season-prepare for more tat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The size bandings are not a Hummel issue. 38/40 (M) and 42/44 (L) is standard for almost every kit we've had in my lifetime (since mid-80s) apart from the classic 'jumbo' era Ribero!

The issue I do have with Hummel is the inconsistency of the sizings. The medium this year is way bigger than the medium from 22/23.

Reactions: Mr Dave

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Assume Monzo would see us ending ties with CBS? Would be odd to have two banks on the shirt.... If so, I imagine KoS moves to the back of shirt sponsor?
Wonder if there's anything in the stadium agreement about sponsors / advertisers. Can't imagine Frasers would be too impressed if we had Klarna as a shirt sponsor seeing as they've got Fraser Plus branding everywhere

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Malaga have had some decent Hummel sky blue kits recently.
Not really any Coventry kit we've had before, but this was a recent anniversary shirt

View attachment 35471

I remember one season they also were subjected to the exact same Nike Tesco carrier bag home shirt we had
I hate stripes. Always have. Always will.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
What I hate about Hummel is the cheap plastic stick on bits. In this day and age just screen print the whole fabric.
Agree with this. I ordered a training top and the badge fell off after the first wash; it’s easiest the worst quality manufacturer we’ve had.

Reactions: skybluecam

AOM

Jul 8, 2016
I hate stripes. Always have. Always will.
I usually like our striped kits (particularly the combination with navy shorts), but think there's just too much going on with this years home kit. And the v-neck looks off

Reactions: Sick Boy

SHUNT31

Jul 18, 2022
Monzo is Gary Hoffman as well isn’t it? So makes sense.
they’ve/he’s got a box at the CBS all liveried up.

so if it is then as the main sponsor I’d imagine KoS moving to the sleeve or something?
Hoffman is also on the board of the arena too isn’t he?

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
The thing I dislike most about our kits this season is the mixed of stripe/checked front and plain back. I thought it was maybe some rule about name and numbers being visible but other teams have stripes all over so ours just looks a bit half arsed. Third kit the exception

JimmyHillsbeard

Feb 21, 2013
The thing I dislike most about our kits this season is the mixed of stripe/checked front and plain back. I thought it was maybe some rule about name and numbers being visible but other teams have stripes all over so ours just looks a bit half arsed. Third kit the exception

The third kit is literally the Hummel template one

AJB1983

Jun 7, 2013
Hoffman is also on the board of the arena too isn’t he?
Yep and CBS themselves.
to be fair as someone pointed out earlier, wiki has him as former chairman of Monzo but he’s still on there on companies house. And the box has it all over at arena so will be his.

Reactions: SHUNT31

bukayosakamoto

May 3, 2024
What I hate about Hummel is the cheap plastic stick on bits. In this day and age just screen print the whole fabric.
It's a shame we couldn't get a better manufacturer. Does anyone know when Hummel's contract is up ? I would of liked Adidas, I really liked their kits from this season

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Gloucestershire
Quite a bit of negativity on here about Hummel. Has everybody forgotten the Nike template years (2015-2019) and even worse the 9 years of shit we got served up by Puma before that?

Agreed design wise but I do think the effort that Hummel put in on that side is let down by their crap production quality

I've personally not had an issue with the kits but the training wear is so bad. I've given up getting things like T-shirts and polos because the badges peel off instantly, even on cool washes. Its obvious there is a problem when the kit man is struggling to keep things looking good:

1715163259001.png

AOM

Jul 8, 2016
Quite a bit of negativity on here about Hummel. Has everybody forgotten the Nike template years (2015-2019) and even worse the 9 years of shit we got served up by Puma before that?

Yeah can't really fault the Hummel designs at all, although there are a few I personally wasn't a fan of.
It's the quality that would be my main complaint really

Reactions: CV3SkyBlue

AJB1983

Jun 7, 2013
Agreed design wise but I do think the effort that Hummel put in on that side is let down by their crap production quality

I've personally not had an issue with the kits but the training wear is so bad. I've given up getting things like T-shirts and polos because the badges peel off instantly, even on cool washes. Its obvious there is a problem when the kit man is struggling to keep things looking good:

View attachment 35573
Ha I actually think that’s Callum’s fault - too much tumble drying at home. That’s the gear they turn up in on matchdays.
But yeah not great - part of the KoS logo on my daughter’s top has peeled away and it’s cos of us putting it in the dryer I think.

Reactions: CV3SkyBlue

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
Ha I actually think that’s Callum’s fault - too much tumble drying at home. That’s the gear they turn up in on matchdays.
But yeah not great - part of the KoS logo on my daughter’s top has peeled away and it’s cos of us putting it in the dryer I think.
To be fair you should never be putting footy shirts in the dryer. Recipe for disaster.

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
This years aside, Hummels kits are good apart from the stick on badges. I don't get the abuse.
The designs are decent but the quality is shit. Incredibly flimsy, the badges and logos are awful.

I bought an Ajax kit last summer, that was proper quality. Embroidered badge and adidas logo, plus stitched detailing and the material feels far sturdier.

Reactions: AOM

AiS86

Aug 24, 2020
I can't even put into words how much I despise the XL motors logo on the sleeve, it looks so bad
If they didn’t insist on it being red I wouldn’t be too bothered by it. KoS to replace them on the sleeve maybe?

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Gloucestershire
I never put my stuff in a dryer and always wash on cool still had 2 t-shirts peel away. The Kits have been fine so far but those badges applied to cotton have no chance

skybluelee

May 29, 2011
Weymouth

View attachment 35573
Yeah, a few seem to have had issues. I must have been very lucky. I've got every Hummel shirt since they've come back plus a few other tops incl the one in that picture and not had any issues whatsoever.

I've worn each of this year's shirts at least weekly as I run in them and they still look good as new.

Nuskyblue

Sep 7, 2022
I never put my stuff in a dryer and always wash on cool still had 2 t-shirts peel away. The Kits have been fine so far but those badges applied to cotton have no chance
It's fabric conditioner that kills them. My kids kits from 3 years ago were all pristine untill I moved in with my missus. The second she put them through a was with fabric conditioner in they went to shit.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBlueFace

Users who are viewing this thread