next season (1 Viewer)

blueflint

who thinks next season will be as exiting as this was

Nonleagueherewecome

This season has been about as exciting as a funeral.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This season has been about as exciting as a funeral.

It's lived up to the CCFC way as been quite inconsistant. Good moments, great moments, bad moments, terrible moments!

We've broken some records this year though. Be interesting to see if we can better those next year. Some how I don't think we can.

Away games aren't as good under SP, goals scored also arent as high (this far anyway) under SP, not sure SP's game set up will suit all players, and I can't see him being allowed to overhaul the whole squad in the summer

Arent i negative bastard ;)

blueflint

had a good season in my op just spoiled at the end wouldn't be city otherwise

CCFCDan87

The football full stop under SP been dull except for the Donny game. I'm not looking forward to next season if this continues.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Leave him alone, please!!! Not even Fergie could do any better in these circumstances!

And the award for biggest exageration of the season goes to......... :clapping:

Robins didnt do half bad with this lot of players. Yes he had more to choose from as we have been unlucky with injuries since he left, but Fergie would be able to master something out of this lot (and he would make sure the ones who aren't pulling their weight change their ways, or be shipped out. And that's from me whos very anti-Fergie)

rupert_bear

Can't judge Steven Pressley at all until well into next season. He has players to get rid of, senior players hopefully fit again and new players recruit.

Sick Boy

Robins didnt do half bad with this lot of players. Yes he had more to choose from as we have been unlucky with injuries since he left, but Fergie would be able to master something out of this lot (and he would make sure the ones who aren't pulling their weight change their ways, or be shipped out. And that's from me whos very anti-Fergie)

chortle ;)

The football full stop under SP been dull except for the Donny game. I'm not looking forward to next season if this continues.

I am looking forward to retaining a manager for a whole season and not being deducted ten points. Given what I have seen this season, I would hope that a combination of the two factors would see us as genuine Play Off contenders at least. This season has been something of a farce, next season could see us finish higher than ever before in my lifetime. Fingers crossed.

I think this was said once or twice in exasperation about Thorn and has been used ad infinitum by those espousing Thorn's departure as being the general opinion of 'the other side'.

I think this was said once or twice in exasperation about Thorn and has been used ad infinitum by those espousing Thorn's departure as being the general opinion of 'the other side'.

And before a circular discussion of Thorn kicks off again; Robins > Thorn. If we were going to get Robins, Thorn should have been sacked in the summer, prior to spending our last few quid. Does this unequivocably mean we would not have gone up if Thorn stayed the whole season..? No, although I think our ten point deduction means promotion was highly unlikely at best whatever consistency one man in charge might have afforded us.

kepit 2 yusen

Not the best year to say the least !
Built up and badly let down again is how I feel. Not the pitch performance as the lads have done their best but off pitch - glad when this season ends ! - need the break now.
Highlights - JPT run (apart from home bashing by crewe)
MK Dons - away
Hartlepool - away
Baker this season - massive step up !
McGoldricks run with us.
Promising youngsters - Thomas etc
Robins - for all of a few weeks
Prob a few more as well.

skybluejelly

Not the best year to say the least !
Built up and badly let down again is how I feel. Not the pitch performance as the lads have done their best but off pitch - glad when this season ends ! - need the break now.
Highlights - JPT run (apart from home bashing by crewe)
MK Dons - away
Hartlepool - away
Baker this season - massive step up !
McGoldricks run with us.
Promising youngsters - Thomas etc
Robins - for all of a few weeks
Prob a few more as well.

i think that should say hartlepool...second half away..as the first half was dire

CCFCDan87

I am looking forward to retaining a manager for a whole season and not being deducted ten points. Given what I have seen this season, I would hope that a combination of the two factors would see us as genuine Play Off contenders at least. This season has been something of a farce, next season could see us finish higher than ever before in my lifetime. Fingers crossed.

I bet you were one of the Andy thorn lovers then? From what I've seen so far, he is Andy thorn part 2 and a train crash waiting to happen.

J

Jack Griffin

all depends on that guy in korea with fat face and dodgy haircut...no i dont mean tim....

Do you mean this one?
tumblr_masolipmMm1rt8dxlo1_500.gif

Stafford_SkBlue

The saying is the patient is not stable yet.
This season had no team running away, so fairly open.
Next season will have Bris City, maybe Blackburn and Wolves also joining us. Or that big club in Yorkshire !
We could have two more midland teams in Port Vale and maybe Northampton.
I cant ever remember playing Port Vale in league or cup since early sixties.
Next year could be tougher to get out of the league

Users who are viewing this thread