Next Season (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Really believe it’s all coming together for us to have a proper go next season.

I’ve seen enough this season to know that the ceiling of our performances is high. If we can add consistency we’ll surely go close.

Today’s experience will count for a lot as well. The resilience and suffering they’ve gone through will mould them as a team.

Hopefully potential new signings will be attracted based on today as well.

So much to feel good about!

messiahrobins

I’ve seen enough this season to know that the ceiling of our performances is high. If we can add consistency we’ll surely go close.

Today’s experience will count for a lot as well. The resilience and suffering they’ve gone through will mould them as a team.

Sadly we wont be at Wembley next season so today will be our last visit unless we do well in the Fa Cup, as this time next season we will be promoted as champions. I can now guarantee it and below is why.
Against Leeds Leicester, Wolves Man Utd, two are PL teams the other 2 were last season we have scored in 2024 11 goals and created a bucket load more chances.
We have struggled to stop making daft mistakes defensively but that is easy to correct as players get more experienced and next season we will be more solid. Add that to the attacking flair we have and it means we should be winning the league. Not one team this seaaon has outplayed us apart from Preston (they are our bogey team) and Birmingham (and lets be honest players were thinking about today) and this was a transitional season.
Top 2 next season will be us and Burnley.

messiahrobins

We have to make this count, heartache of two penalty defeats in 12 months. Let the pain be worth while.
Next step, build a side that can take it to Man City Liverpool and Arsenal. We actually have shown we can mix it with Uefa cup level teams, and really next season should be guaranteed promotion as clearly this side is too good for the Championship. I mean our season only started in December as prior to that we were bedding in a whole new squad.

SkyblueTexan

We need to have 2 quality players for every position. We are still short in several areas and with games coming thick and fast in this division, our lack of consistency has let us down at times. Hopefully our great cup run has made us attractive for potential recruits and that we are able to bring in the necessary talent to fill the gaps. We need to start fast next season (not our customary slow one) and sustain it over the course of the season.

messiahrobins

We need to have 2 quality players for every position. We are still short in several areas and with games coming thick and fast in this division, our lack of consistency has let us down at times. Hopefully our great cup run has made us attractive for potential recruits and that we are able to bring in the necessary talent to fill the gaps. We need to start fast next season (not our customary slow one) and sustain it over the course of the season.
We only started in December really, the Blues win at the CBS was what got us properly going. Not surprising when we had to bed in an entire new squad.
We only need 4 new players really to add so really you have to think winning the league next season is realistic. Got to though be winning at places like Plymouth next season for example. This season we got one point from away matches at Plymouth and Rotherham which given the obvious talent in the squad is a bit unforgiveable but we can let them off as its their first season together.
Next season obviously is the big one.

ccfcricoh

we need to improve the games against teams in and around us.

We've played 20 games against the current top half, only winning 4 of them (incl 2 against Boro).

Picked up 4 points away from home against the other 11 top half.

I think we all know on our day we WILL beat anyone, but the consistency just isnt there for us, and i think we need more squad depth to do it.

Just hope we can pad out the team with another 5/6 signings this summer.

More concerned than ever after yesterday that we only have 4 games left with Sheaf, which will be a huge hole to fill

Skyblueweeman

I think there'll be a few new players coming in in the summer. We need to ensure we get our business done early so the team is bedded in and ready to go from August, not November/Dec like this season.

At least Wright and Simms are firing now.

Need about 4 quality signings and some additional strength in depth and next season could be a great one. We need to cut out the draws next season and be more ruthless. I think we're in for a good ride next season.

CCFCSteve

I was just about to post elsewhere about yesterdays performance/the fans and also following the quarter final win and play off final, we have really put ourselves back on the football map.

Hopefully some players will be thinking ‘I want a bit of that’

Hertsccfc

I was just about to post elsewhere about yesterdays performance/the fans and also following the quarter final win and play off final, we have really put ourselves back on the football map.

Hopefully some players will be thinking ‘I want a bit of that’
I even wonder whether it will make O'Hare think again about that contract.

Hertsccfc

I doubt it...his agent will tell him to put any 'emotions' to one side.
This will be his biggest and most important contract, so he'll no doubt be advised to make a professional and business like decision.
Is he going to attract a better team or one with more potential? And if so would he be a starter. Needs to think carefully about this I think.

shmmeee

we need to improve the games against teams in and around us.

We've played 20 games against the current top half, only winning 4 of them (incl 2 against Boro).

Picked up 4 points away from home against the other 11 top half.

I think we all know on our day we WILL beat anyone, but the consistency just isnt there for us, and i think we need more squad depth to do it.

Just hope we can pad out the team with another 5/6 signings this summer.

More concerned than ever after yesterday that we only have 4 games left with Sheaf, which will be a huge hole to fill

Gutted well likely lose Sheaf, but I’d be expecting £20m for him.

ccfcricoh

agree - hopefully early in the window too

i do think we have a lot still to come from Torp (who i thought was excellent yesterday too) and Eccles is only getting better, but Sheaf runs the game a lot for us

Skyblueweeman

Are we though?

He might see yesterday as unfinished business and give us one last season to get us over the line.
Gus and Vik didn't. If he gets a decent offer which will at least double his wages, I think he'll be off.

Shame really as I think he's the most key player we need to keep.

AFCCOVENTRY

He should be staying after yesterday. Not that I blame him, but he owes us one and has something to prove now. Not that I expect that to count for anything in modern football tbh.

He played against Wolves and Man U and showed how he can control the game. He’s under contract till 2026 so it will have to be a lot more than what was offered in the Jan window. At 26 if there’s a chance to go the Prem he has to take it. Of course I would love him to stay.

ccfcricoh

He should be staying after yesterday. Not that I blame him, but he owes us one and has something to prove now. Not that I expect that to count for anything in modern football tbh.
i get the thought process - but as far as i'm concerned he owes us absolutely nothing, he's been a stand out player/personality/leader the whole time he's been with us, especially this season

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Contract length will add a few million surely?
Yes. He’s got twice as long left on his contract got a start.

Of course, it will add some value. JDS has about ten years on his contract left though, doesn't mean we'll get twenty million for him.

Hamer has goals and assists, that's why his price at this level or a midfielder was so big. That number was a high benchmark already and if we are going to sell Sheaf then it would have to be for a price that we couldn't refuse and in the same ballpark or above. I cannot see who would be willing to hit those kind of numbers you are talking about. I think we will hold onto Sheaf personally.

shmmeee

Of course, it will add some value. JDS has about ten years on his contract left though, doesn't mean we'll get twenty million for him.

Hamer has goals and assists, that's why his price at this level or a midfielder was so big. That number was a high benchmark already and if we are going to sell Sheaf then it would have to be for a price that we couldn't refuse and in the same ballpark or above. I cannot see who would be willing to hit those kind of numbers you are talking about. I think we will hold onto Sheaf personally.

Yeah but that’s because it’s you talking about Sheaf 🤣

Anyone unbiased would have a different opinion.

AngryAnt

Hopefully we'll be able to keep him as he's under contract for two more years, but also I think he'll probably be off. He's our linch pin at the moment too.
That said, no one player is bigger than the club. In Robins we trust and I fully expect him to have players scouted (Torp being one?).
O'hare will be off sadly, that was his shop window moment and bar missing a pen, he pretty much sold himself.

Credit to all the players yesterday, even the ones who I've never been huge fans of, they gave it their all and looked fantastic.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah but that’s because it’s you talking about Sheaf 🤣

Anyone unbiased would have a different opinion.

We got 16 million for Hamer who can score and assist. I would genuinely be surprised if anyone is going to pay that or above for a defensive midfielder in his later twenties with very little attacking attributes. No matter how good he is or isn't at everything else he does.

I could be genuinely wrong, and I will hold my hands up if it happens. I just cannot see it. I'm happy to take you up on a charity bet if you like though?

skybluecam

We got 16 million for Hamer who can score and assist. I would genuinely be surprised if anyone is going to pay that or above for a defensive midfielder in his later twenties with very little attacking attributes. No matter how good he is or isn't at everything else he does.

I could be genuinely wrong, and I will hold my hands up if it happens. I just cannot see it. I'm happy to take you up on a charity bet if you like though?
I think the point is we are in a position to demand £20m and stick to it, because we can always cash in for 10-15m next summer.

Hertsccfc

I think the point is we are in a position to demand £20m and stick to it, because we can always cash in for 10-15m next summer.
I am not convinced about the value of holding onto a disgruntled player. Not suggesting Sheaf is or would be but in my view if a player wants to go it's often best to let them regardless of length if contract.

torchomatic

Why? I have absolutely no worry about losing Sheaf. Maybe I'm stupid, but I've never thought about it.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hamer had 1 year left on his contract. Statistically, Sheaf is one of, if not the best midfielder in the league atm.

If Torp starts next season as he did against Man U, we’ve probably replaced a lot of the goals and assists from Hamer.

Sheaf I’d be surprised if we let Sheaf go for less than £20m this summer because we’re not in a position where we need to sell.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We can't sell Sheaf, he will still have good value in 12 months time if we don't go up. This isn't a Gus or Vik situation, would be a massive mistake and backwards step to sell him.

Would take silly silly money to even consider it

Mucca Mad Boys

We can't sell Sheaf, he will still have good value in 12 months time if we don't go up. This isn't a Gus or Vik situation, would be a massive mistake and backwards step to sell him.

Would take silly silly money to even consider it

A good £20m could get us the players we need to be a top 4 team, comfortably. Add in some Vik money and we’d have a lot.

We have to be honest and acknowledge that we need more next season. I’d expect about 4 or 5 new starters in the team for next season.

wingy

Get the Rotherham keeper in, for at present for that team is not the true measure, nothing wrong with Collins but not potential to grow!

skybluecam

I am not convinced about the value of holding onto a disgruntled player. Not suggesting Sheaf is or would be but in my view if a player wants to go it's often best to let them regardless of length if contract.
None of us know how he feels. Realistically we hold the cards with 2 years on his contract so him throwing the toys out the pram won’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread