Next manager - Tracking the Bookies (1 Viewer)

daz_doc

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/coventry-specials/next-permanent-manager

I've been tracking the candidates odds through the bookies since Thorn left and have noticed Steve staunton appear almost overnight at a very short 6/1 and 10/1.

I couldn't think of anything worse but when you think of the profile the board have asked for, low wage, knows Carsley and Shaw etc, you could see how he might fit their idea of a candidate.

It would be the nail in an already over secured coffin.

kingharvest

He only appeared because he was at a game...as far as concrete links go, it's stronger than most except shaw which is his odds are where they are.

But I can't imagine he fits the criteria other than being cheap. That's assuming the criteria is more extensive than just 'cheap'

theprince

I wonder if Fisher and Waggott will place a bet ? In fact they could get sisu to wager a million on Richard Shaw at 16/1 and halve our debt.

CJparker

They have got "Alex Scott" - do they mean Andy Scott, ex-Brentford and Rotherham boss?

CJparker

What odds can you get on the next manager being....Andy Thorn?

As of 4 September 2012.
Team Country From To Record
G W D L Win %
Oldham Athletic 9 June 2010
As of 4 September 2012.
Team Country From To Record

Oldham Athletic 9 June 2010

G W D L Win %

Present 111 33 32 46 29.73

Total 111 33 32 46 29.73

awesome eh fit right in and he's got kov in his name !!:pimp:

junglej13

Im hoping a further sign of how little the bookies currently know is that terry connor has been added as 3rd favourite at about 5/1 with 1 bookie.

daz_doc

Terry Conner has been added since lunch time today, notably with only the one bookie. It is likely as a result of a punter requesting the odds. Interesting, although again not necessarily in a positive sense.

Colonel Mustard

Phil Brown (yikes!) making a strong run at 4-1. Richard Money is the current favourite having come in at all the bookies. Most of the others have drifted, including Terry Connor who has thankfully gone out to 6-1.

kingharvest

I think this Brown thing is a red herring. The bookies are shit hot sometimes, but not on managers in the lower leagues. Brown is fave cause other than shaw he's the only one they can confirm has been interviewed.

At least, thats what i keep telling myself anyway. It helps.

Users who are viewing this thread