Next game (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

against Shrewsbury

I fully expect a win, both teams in poor form.

But with CW coming back hopefully, and hopefully the loanees getting match fit, then add SP having the team working hard during the week, I don't see why we can't win by a few goals.

Thoughts on any changes to the team selection/formation anyone?

ccfc92

Murphy

Christie Webster Seaborne Adams

Marshall McGeouch Fleck Petrasso

Wilson Moussa

The 11 I'd like to see start

Bob Latchford

Didn't shrewsbury win away yesterday 2-3 ?

Sterling Archer

I had Tranmere and Carlisle down as very winnable games.

We knew this run of form was going to happen at some point this season with our small squad. All the evidence points to the fact we are missing our 30+goals strikeforce, who'd have thought eh?

ccfc92

We knew this run of form was going to happen at some point this season with our small squad. All the evidence points to the fact we are missing our 30+goals strikeforce, who'd have thought eh?

lol, out of the three, Bradford, Carlisle, Tranmere, I thought 4 points would be good/achievable with us beating Carlisle :facepalm:

wingy

No one want to see Akpom back In the team
He produced 2assists In a 2-0 win for the gooner youth on Friday night,

ccfc92

No one want to see Akpom back In the team
He produced 2assists In a 2-0 win for the gooner youth on Friday night,

I was going to put Moussa/Akpom, but thought it would be harsh on Moussa to start Akpom ahead of him.

Plus I didn't know if Akpom might be playing for the u17s arsenal again? just saying ;) :D

Sterling Archer

I'd personally like to see one of Seaborne or Webster get a rest. I appreciate there are no obvious alternatives but I just feel they are far too similar a style of Centre Back and lets be honest, defensively we are an error waiting to happen.

If we are going to continue conceding goals, we might as well drop Webster and give Willis or Clarke some games there for experience.

ccfc92

I'd personally like to see one of Seaborne or Webster get a rest. I appreciate there are no obvious alternatives but I just feel they are far too similar a style of Centre Back and lets be honest, defensively we are an error waiting to happen.

I'd drop Webster out of the 2. Willis to start, then bring Webster on for last 20 mins? We need to stop conceding pens :mad:

thaiskyblue

the problem is who do you replace them with clarke and urquhart are the only options, we could be heading for a relegation scrap this where experience is vital seabourne and webster are just that.

stupot07

Can't see Wilson starting after being out for 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sterling Archer

Starting Wilson straight away would be unfair on the lad.

Daniels also needs a rest and break from starting for us. He's looked a little out of depth in the games I've seen recently as welll as recent reports.

the problem is who do you replace them with clarke and urquhart are the only options, we could be heading for a relegation scrap this where experience is vital seabourne and webster are just that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting it will dramatically improve us defensively but my point was I'd rather see us conceding 3 goals a game with a young defender learning throughout the process for the future rather than seeing us concede 3 goals a game with an aging Centre back who may or may not have 1 or 2 more seasons here.

If that makes sense?

Willis also an option to add to your two of Clarke and Urquahararhauarhart

thaiskyblue

i think though if we were shipping 3 goals with young kids it could ruin their development you have to be careful how you blood your young uns. Yes i forgot about Willis.

Sterling Archer

Yep, that is a danger and is the 'catch 22' of the situation. I've tried a couple of times to pick a side for the next game if I were Pressley but the fact a simple fan like me is really struggling must mean its infinitely harder for the feller who is paid to do so!

stupot07

I think I'd be tempted to reinstate Clarke as a centre backs, it's not like we've become a tighter defensive unit since he was replaced, but it has limited our ability to play from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

i think stick with the most experienced players we have and grind out a win , this is a massive game for both clubs.

Experienced players or not, we haven't got the ability to grind out any result, especially with the second worst defence on the league.

NottsCov

With Wilson back in the team it's just the same side that had such a good 1st half of the season plus loanees, just without Clarke. It's a case of how many games until Wilson is fully fit and scoring again/how crucial was his partnership with Clarke in him getting so many goals?

ccfc92

With Wilson back in the team it's just the same side that had such a good 1st half of the season plus loanees, just without Clarke. It's a case of how many games until Wilson is fully fit and scoring again/how crucial was his partnership with Clarke in him getting so many goals?

well wilson definitely came out of nowhere this season, so let's hope he is the real deal, and didn't just feed off LC

Tbh poor run started back in November after SP won Manager of the Month! We have won 4 out of the last 16 league games gaining 17 points. All seems to stem back to that stupid penalty given away by Jordan Clarke at Bradford in the last minute followed by those two 'home' defeats to Tranmere and Rotherham. Leon Clarke still wanted to play for us then!
Was going to suggest putting Jordan Clarke back instead of Seabourne or Webster but now just reminded of that pen at Bradford. Hopefully we'll have a striker available next week and with a bit of luck all 11 players will play well for a change.

shmmeee

If Akpom's available we have to play him. Don't mind too much who next to him but we need someone the ball sticks to a bit (note: I have no idea if this is true of him, I've never seen him play, but get the impression he's the best of what we've got).

mark82

Tbh poor run started back in November after SP won Manager of the Month! We have won 4 out of the last 16 league games gaining 17 points. All seems to stem back to that stupid penalty given away by Jordan Clarke at Bradford in the last minute followed by those two 'home' defeats to Tranmere and Rotherham. Leon Clarke still wanted to play for us then!
Was going to suggest putting Jordan Clarke back instead of Seabourne or Webster but now just reminded of that pen at Bradford. Hopefully we'll have a striker available next week and with a bit of luck all 11 players will play well for a change.

4 out of 16 league games! Didn't realise it was that bad!

wingy

It's the jinx of the New Stripey home kit
Why was It 3 months late, I thought we were loaded

letsallsingtogether

Because Sisu have no idea of time lucky it was 3 months everything else has took longer or not at all....

It's the jinx of the New Stripey home kit
Why was It 3 months late, I thought we were loaded

skybluelee

The Arsenal bloke sat next to me at work has been banging on about Akpom all season, he reckons he is going to be a superstar. He has to start, Wilson will be nothing like match fit.

nicksig

I reckon we'll concede at least 3 so can we score 4? Takes me back to the days of Big Ron, but without the excitement

aodea

Yeah the problem that we have always conceded bucket loads is now coming back to haunt us because we have stopped scoring. i feel a big problem for us is defensive cover from Midfield at times and we need some of our midfield to maybe focus a bit more on this aspect. Add that to the mistakes we have been making at the back and its not been a pretty run.

I am hoping we put a few results together but hard to see at the minute. seems to me that like the season the team has gone very flat.

Sterling Archer

Yep, 4 wins, 4 draws, 8 defeats since the Bradford game which was off the back of a 7 game unbeaten run in the league

Users who are viewing this thread