Next BIG away day - Notts Co (1 Viewer)

edgy

Easy to get to.
Plenty of boozers around.
Big ground with plenty of room for us.

Initial allocation will be approx 1300, which id imagine we'll sell out very quickly. If we get our acts together this could be the next MK Dons.

Make it happen.

covpete

Last time I went there was a friendly when we had Micky Adams incharge, beer was cheap and the hotdogs and they were massive! Funniest memory was an old boy getting arrested in hooters for slapping a waitresses arse :)

wingy

Last time I went there was a friendly when we had Micky Adams incharge, beer was cheap and the hotdogs and they were massive! Funniest memory was an old boy getting arrested in hooters for slapping a waitresses arse :)

You want see what happens if you do that In Dubai.................RRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

edgy

Unsure as its down one side of the pitch. Wolves took 2700 in November. Sheffield Utd took over 3000 earlier this year.

Joelly

you can get over 3000 at county the ground holds 20k and they only ever get 6 or 7. Lets pack it out

H

Huckerby

I live about 10 minutes walk from the County ground, in West Bridgford, so I've got no excuse not to go! haha.

Hooters would be the obvious choice for the tits. The Trent Bridge Inn is also mean to be good for away fans.

Can't wait lads!

shmmeee

I live about 10 minutes walk from the County ground, in West Bridgford, so I've got no excuse not to go! haha.

Hooters would be the obvious choice for the tits. The Trent Bridge Inn is also mean to be good for away fans.

Can't wait lads!

Ah the TBI, my local in Uni days, good times.

This'll be my next away day, would be great to bring another 3-4k crowd.

Joy Division

We should really be looking at another MK Dons type away following. Only about an hour away isn't it?

pusbccfc

Why isn't Preston going to be a big one?

edgy

Wolverhampton is closer and generally do take a good following everywhere. As do we, but maybe not the same consistant basis.

Besides all that, Preston is a dump. Nottingham sets a good scene for a day/night out.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm up for Notts County game. Not wanting to go off thread too much, but anyone else wonder if we could get Dicko off Wigan (can do some damage in this division, as we saw at our place) - ok, so did go off thread a bit!

Sky Blue Harry H

pre drinks at mine or what boys?

If you live in the posh bit of West Bridgford it'll be a port and brandy will it? I used to put a student up (Forest fan) who lived there and we went to watch Forest v City (Sheringham 1-0 to Forest). Couldn't concentrate on the match 'cos I was stuffed. Family were Italian and what I thought was the main meal was a starter - think I put on a stone that day, without the help of any lager. Well posh house!

H

Huckerby

If you live in the posh bit of West Bridgford it'll be a port and brandy will it? I used to put a student up (Forest fan) who lived there and we went to watch Forest v City (Sheringham 1-0 to Forest). Couldn't concentrate on the match 'cos I was stuffed. Family were Italian and what I thought was the main meal was a starter - think I put on a stone that day, without the help of any lager. Well posh house!

Haha you know it! Could think of worse things than too much Italian food! Such a nice area, wouldn't mind living here permanently if I wanted to settle down in Nottingham. Has it's own centre if you can't be bothered to go in to town, but also only 5 minutes from town if you need to! Went to uni here though and just graduated at the end of the summer, so I'm gonna draw a line under it after the summer I reckon, new city, new challenge.

Sky Blue Harry H

Haha you know it! Could think of worse things than too much Italian food! Such a nice area, wouldn't mind living here permanently if I wanted to settle down in Nottingham. Has it's own centre if you can't be bothered to go in to town, but also only 5 minutes from town if you need to! Went to uni here though and just graduated at the end of the summer, so I'm gonna draw a line under it after the summer I reckon, new city, new challenge.

Well done on graduating - don't know where you're relocating, but I work in Hillfields, and West Bridgford's a better bet! (P.S. I'm not a pimp or a drug dealer just in case the plod are monitoring this site:whistle:)

Grendel

Don't county share with a rugby club? Two teams? Surely it will be postponed?

spwaverley4916

Yes from cov. Ive got 2 single tickets off the trainline.com. 10?? from cov and 18.17 back from Preston. I think it was about £9.50 each way.

£7.50 each way if you buy 'advance ticket' but you must travel on the particular train - 1042hrs from Cov and the 1817hrs back - be careful at Preston though on the way back there are two trains at 17 mins past ( you want the one that goes direct to Cov and not the one that you have to change at Wolves) if you use the wrong train they will charge you full price.

valiant15

£7.50 each way if you buy 'advance ticket' but you must travel on the particular train - 1042hrs from Cov and the 1817hrs back - be careful at Preston though on the way back there are two trains at 17 mins past ( you want the one that goes direct to Cov and not the one that you have to change at Wolves) if you use the wrong train they will charge you full price.

Yes i noticed there were two trains when i booked the tickets. I hope ive booked the right train home lol.

Users who are viewing this thread