Next 6 games (1 Viewer)

Oldham (H), PNE (A), Sheff Utd (A), Yeovil (H), Bury (A), Crewe (H). I think 14 points out of these games is a realistic target. Win: Oldham, PNE, Yeovil and Crewe, Draws: Bury, Sheff Utd. It's a crucial time of the season. One slip up could mean the end of our play-off hopes. We're still in it, but we need some consistent results, plus we need to sort our home form out

covcity4life

u missed tranmere which i think we will edge

gut feeling

Oldham (H), PNE (A), Sheff Utd (A), Yeovil (H), Bury (A), Crewe (H).

id take 4 wins from 6..if we do that well get around 12 wins before end of season which is 36pts plus our 37 = 73pts. a fighting chance of playoffs

I think 2-1 v Tranmere. We need to start winning at home or we can kiss promotion goodbye. If we cant win at hone in this league, what chance have we got in the Championship. I think we can stay unbeaten in these next 7 games. If we do, we'll be right up there. I think if we get thoses results we could be up to 5th int he table after the Crewe game

skyblueman

I'd like to think so. It's got to change at some point.

Really can't see us doing it and gutted to admit it as I was for a while deluded into thinking we were on for the play-offs - just think we will lose just a few too many - home form just isn't there :(

sky_blue_up_north

Really quite shocking home form, no idea why. Perhaps teams are just up for it more.

hill83

Really can't see us doing it and gutted to admit it as I was for a while deluded into thinking we were on for the play-offs - just think we will lose just a few too many - home form just isn't there :(

It's definitely a tough ask, but I wouldn't say deluded. 6 points (altough that could be 9 due to games in hand) is possible to make up.

Last edited:
Really quite shocking home form, no idea why. Perhaps teams are just up for it more.

I have to agree. Last season i think we were quite good at home. Shocking away but good at home. I think it was only the big teams like WWHU and S'Hampton that beat us, plus Millwall and Doncaster, but mostly we either drew or won. I dunno how we went from 3-0 home win against Boro, to 2-1 home loss to Stevenage. We need to sort this out or we're staying in this league

dongonzalos

Tranmere (H) 3
Oldham (H), 3
PNE (A), 0
Sheff Utd (A), 1
Yeovil (H), 1
Bury (A), 1
Crewe (H) 3

12 points for me from the next 7 games

Paxman II

Oooh the next 6...I seem to recall saying something about that once ;)

Tbh think the home form will improve after the Preston cup game. Should win all the home games there. Preston away will have some form about it but expect a draw. Sheff. Utd will be very difficult, they won't get caught out by the likes of Walsall again though that has happened a couple of times to them recently...was it Scunny?
But that's football you just can't tell. What you can tell is we are a good side in this league now and we have an achievable target so expect Robins to take no prisoners and we will 4 or 5 wins.
Sometimes when you lose like Carlisle then it works to get you back into focus again sharply and I think this is what will happen.....we won't become useless overnight after 6 away wins on the bounce and a rise up the table.

covcity4life

i have jsut made a 12 wins countdown calendar at work lol, gonna rip a ticket away with every win,lets hope i get to the end of it!

Grendel

shropshirecov

4 games before paint pot 1st leg. 10 points needed. Not sure one up front is gonna get us that. January hasn't been great so far two 1-0 defeats to shite teams and an FA cup mauling. I suppose that 5 mins injury time kept our season alive.... I think I've got the January blues. :confused:

If we can win 2 out of every 3 till the end of the season we will have a chance. We would be going into Notts County away with 73 points.

SuperCov

Tranmere, Sheff Utd, Yeovil and Crewe are all above us, so wins against them will be huge. If we get a result against Tranmere hopefully it will inspire the boys to kick on from there and go on another undefeated streak. You also need to factor in that teams form will dip (just like ours has) I think now we can only afford two more defeats until the end of the season, or we win more than we draw so we can afford a surprise defeat. 19 games to go, If you look at it in blocks of 5, we'll need to aim for 10 points per block to be there or thereabouts for the play-offs.

Carlisle (A) 0
Tranmere (H) 3 <--- This result is key, if we lose this, the seasons over in my eyes.
Oldham (H), 3
PNE (A), 3
Sheff Utd (A), 1 --- 10 Points

Yeovil (H), 3
Bury (A), 3
Crewe (H) 1
Bournemouth (A) 0 --- LOSE
Swindon (H) 1 --- 8 Points

The remaining 10 games:

Scunny (A)
Colchester (H)
H'Pool (H)
Pompey (A)
Donny (H) ---- LOSE --- THis block a possible 12 points

Walsall (A)
Brentford (H)
Crawley (A)
Orient (H)
Notts C (A) --- THis block 8 - 10 points

Play up Sky Blues!!!

Grendel

The tool strikes again! Keep saying this stuff, it seems to work... Pleb

Oddly been a bit quiet from him this week.

BrisbaneBronco

Oldham (H), PNE (A), Sheff Utd (A), Yeovil (H), Bury (A), Crewe (H). I think 14 points out of these games is a realistic target. Win: Oldham, PNE, Yeovil and Crewe, Draws: Bury, Sheff Utd. It's a crucial time of the season. One slip up could mean the end of our play-off hopes. We're still in it, but we need some consistent results, plus we need to sort our home form out

Haven't we just won the last 3 games at home!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread