Next 6 Fixtures (1 Viewer)

st john

I do this every time we have a good start (well, once)
Newport (H)
Yeovil (A)
Chesterfield (A)
Port Vale (H)
Carlisle (H)
Cambridge (A)
16 points

skybluesam66

we will need around 80 points for automatic
so 8 points from those 6 and we will be on track

anything less than 11 will be disappointing (which should still keep us top)

Otis

I have this sneaky feeling we may well go unbeaten for some time. Doesn't mean we will win them all and there probably will be quite a few draws, but wouldn't surprise me at all if after 10 games we have something like 6 wins and 4 draws.

'Next 6 fixtures, Post no. 8' if you want to come back and quote me. :cigar:

Hobo

I feel a jinx coming on.

Astute

Wins apart from away draws at Chesterfield and Cambridge
Grimsby won at Chesterfield 3-1. We won at Grimsby 2-0. Grimsby never managed a shot on target.

We beat Notts County 3-0. They managed 1 shot on target. Yesterday they beat Chesterfield 2-0.

We are in 1st. Chesterfield are bottom. Cambridge are above them in 22nd on GD having also lost both games.

So why should we fear Chesterfield or Cambridge?

Last edited:

steve82

Grimsby won at Chesterfield 3-1. We won at Grimsby 2-0. Grimsby never managed a shot on target.

We beat Notts County 3-0. They managed 1 shot on target. Yesterday they beat Chesterfield 2-0.

We are in 1st. Chesterfield are bottom. Cambridge are above them in 22nd on GD having also lost both games.

So why should we fear Chesterfield or Cambridge?

I like your theory but this is is league two, banana skins are there.

Newport county is one for sure!

Ultimately there is gonna be game's we don't show up for and not get a result unfortunately.

Astute

I'm going to Cambridge and possibly Yeovil, so that's 2 nailed on defeats.
That is good news for my lad.

After taking him all over the place he finally saw us win for the first time at Wembley. He is going to Yeovil. But instead of blaming him if we don't win I can blame you :smuggrin:

st john

I like your theory but this is is league two, banana skins are there.

Newport county is one for sure!
Ultimately there is gonna be game's we don't show up for and not get a result unfortunately.

That's true, but there is no team in the next 6 we should expect to be beaten by. There is not a Luton, Mansfield, Lincoln etc in that list, the teams fancied to do well, and teams who will most likely give us the hardest games. We could lose them all but to me that run of games provides us with a good opportunity to consolidate our position at or near the top.

CCFC_Charlie

I'd take 12-13 points from that now tbh. Think the home games against 'lesser sides' are the most likely to be our undoing. The likes of Newport and Carlisle are going to come to the Ricoh and set up shop against us and i'm not sure how we'll cope with it just yet. If I had to predict now I'd say we'll beat Newport, Yeovil and Port Vale, draw against Chesterfield and Cambridge and lose to Carlisle.

mds

We probably wont show up for a couple of these, all the same i reckon 21pts, comfortably.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Loving the optimism but I'm gonna take one game at a time.

same here, this league is too much of a minefield. dont get me wrong loving the start but its only 2 games in im all for getting excited and positivity but lets see where we are after 10 games first lets hope our good run continues we deserve a good campaign for a change.

Reactions: vow

sparky

Unbeaten up until Xmas then slump after without a win all January then the odd win and few draws and finish just outside play offs,

We also find out mark Robin's has got a secret half brother called Tony mowbray

Sent from my Lenovo A1010a20 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Unbeaten up until Xmas then slump after without a win all January then the odd win and few draws and finish just outside play offs,

We also find out mark Robin's has got a secret half brother called Tony mowbray

Sent from my Lenovo A1010a20 using Tapatalk

We might see him again next season as well if we miss out on promotion.

Otis

Just how many games do you all think we will lose this season altogether?

Personally I just can't see us losing more than 10 games. I know some games will indeed be tough and we will lose games, but I just can't see it being that many. That's not to say we won't draw a fair few of course.

I would say 10.

Last season the top 3 all lost 11.

Maybe I am being naive, but to my mind, in this division, for us with this squad, I think 10 is quite a lot.

And you have to remember, we could lose 2 and draw 4 in a 6 match run and that would be considered a bad run of form, no wins in 6 matches.

Astute

Well apparently we do cheat these days.
You show me a club in Division 4 that doesn't cheat and I will show you a club in the bottom half of the table.

I can't remember the thread, but there was a few of us that had seen football at this level before. We wanted height to counter the high ball, hard tackling players who can look after themselves and experience at this level. Robins brought all in.

As for the cheating....taking players out happens in all levels. So does players rolling around and diving. But we have lower level refs. And they let more go. So all clubs try to take advantage. We have said what they have done and they have said what we have done.

Rich

It's interesting that we still believe we are a massive team for this league.

At the end of last season I think the squad that we had would've been proud of a mid-table finish in this league, but MR has completely rebuilt the squad.

He's given us all two things we're not used to.....Faith and Optimism.

#pusb

Users who are viewing this thread