Next 3 Games (1 Viewer)

tom88

I am still an optimist about the play offs and still truly believe we can get there

However, we need 7 points from the next possible 9 as a minimum

Rochdale (H)
Shrewsbury (A)
Blackpool (A)

If we cant achieve at least 6 points then I will be accepting the fact we wont be play offs.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I struggle with this predication malarkey now but 7 points would
Be a good return but I fear we'll only get 4 or 5.

My Shrewbury supporting pal didn't think much of Rochdale midweek.

And with the shrews you really don't know what you're getting game to game plus they have yesterday made our game half price tickets for anyone that attended the Man U cup game so will be hoping for a big crowd Tuesday night.

Blackpool their pitch probably won't do us any favours, arhhhh sod it we'll get 9 points from the 3 games!

Pipehitterz

weve struggled against lower teams all season, even when we were 'good'

im expecting 2 points only , rochdale were unlucky not beat us earlier this season, blackpool came back and stung us too, ans shrewsbury fighting for their lives

weve won 3 in 16, and are bottom 4 in the form guide, hold onto your hats boys, this team has shot its bolt, we may not finish in the top half after witnessing the last 2 games

i think its rude of us to suggest we may even beat one of these scrappers, especially as our main problem has been nil fight all season

Last edited:

skybluepm2

I fear they'll be make or break. If we don't pick up decent form by the end of March we have no chance against the teams around us. No excuses on Saturday.

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, we've been saying 'we just need to pick up xx amount of points from the next xx games and we'll be ok' a lot recently but we're dropping like a bag of sh*t at the moment and showing no signs of recovery. The Bury game seems like a freak result when in truth, a top 6 side should be playing consistently like that.

chiefdave

We don't just need a win, we need to string together a run of 2 or 3 wins. We can't rely on other teams being crap and dropping points all the time to keep us in the top 6.

Speedies_Chips

weve struggled against lower teams all season, even when we were 'good'

im expecting 2 points only , rochdale were unlucky not beat us earlier this season, blackpool came back and stung us too, ans shrewsbury fighting for their lives

weve won 3 in 16, and are bottom 4 in the form guide, hold onto your hats boys, this team has shot its bolt, we may not finish in the top half after witnessing the last 2 games

i think its rude of us to suggest we may even beat one of these scrappers, especially as our main problem has been nil fight all season

Blackpool came back and stung us in a 0-0 draw?

Finchy

A mate at work is an Oxford fan. 2 weeks ago they were 4th with the teams below having games in hand that would have put at least two of them above Oxford should they win them. He was panicking as we are now.
2 weeks later Oxford have had 3 wins on the bounce, moved up to 2nd while the teams below have all dropped points and can no longer go above by winning their games in hand.
There is still a long way to go, and we do have the ability.
I'm trying to keep the faith!

Otis

A mate at work is an Oxford fan. 2 weeks ago they were 4th with the teams below having games in hand that would have put at least two of them above Oxford should they win them. He was panicking as we are now.
2 weeks later Oxford have had 3 wins on the bounce, moved up to 2nd while the teams below have all dropped points and can no longer go above by winning their games in hand.
There is still a long way to go, and we do have the ability.
I'm trying to keep the faith!
Thing is, Oxford are 2nd. Don't wish to piss on your chips, but......

Form table for the last 6 matches, they are 3rd.

Form table for the last 10 matches, they are 3rd.

City are 6th.

Form table for the last 6 matches, we are 21st.

From table for the last 10 matches, we are 20th.

So much easier to win 3 on the bounce when your form over the last 10 games has been really good.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We've NEVER beaten Rochdale in the league.

We've only ever beaten Rochdale once in our history, in the Rumbelows league cup 1991

so, with that in mind:

:cool:City 3-1 Rochdale.

Otis

City are 6th.

So much easier to win 3 on the bounce when your form over the last 10 games has been really good.
On current form we are one of the worst teams in the league.

Finchy

City are 6th.

I'll have to take your word on that one, I'm just pointing out that things 'can' change...and sometimes quickly.
Like I said....'Trying to keep the faith'

Otis

I'll have to take your word on that one, I'm just pointing out that things 'can' change...and sometimes quickly.
Like I said....'Trying to keep the faith'
Well yep, I'm trying to as well. Getting increasingly difficult though.

Paxman II

Have you just been let out for the day or have you got the whole weekend off

Fortunes turn around all the time especially in football matches. It's just a matter of belief based on what you know.
I know we probably have the best manager in this league. I know we have one of the strongest squads in this league. I know we are capable of beating anyone in this league. I know things will turn around and form will inevitably improve. I know there are strong feelings within the club about the recent form being sub standard. I know that at home on Saturday players and management alike know they must perform. I know TM will not want any egg on his face. I know as do the players a good chance of promotion, higher wages, better career prospects lie ahead. I know that it's within the clubs own hands.

That's why I believe we could win the next 3.

Otis

Fortunes turn around all the time especially in football matches. It's just a matter of belief based on what you know.
I know we probably have the best manager in this league. I know we have one of the strongest squads in this league. I know we are capable of beating anyone in this league. I know things will turn around and form will inevitably improve. I know there are strong feelings within the club about the recent form being sub standard. I know that at home on Saturday players and management alike know they must perform. I know TM will not want any egg on his face. I know as do the players a good chance of promotion, higher wages, better career prospects lie ahead. I know that it's within the clubs own hands.

That's why I believe we could win the next 3.
First two, yep, fine. Third point? Anyone can beat anyone in this league, so that is an irrelevance unfortunately.

How can you know things will turn round? It's a ridiculous thing to say pax. If you know things will turn round you should gather all your savings and take out a loan and put a massive hefty bet on it.

None of us know things will turn round. It's just guesswork and wishful thinking.

I can't help but also pick up on all the I know's, which are then followed by we COULD win the next 3.

We could, but form says very unlikely.

Paxman II

First two, yep, fine. Third point? Anyone can beat anyone in this league, so that is an irrelevance unfortunately.

How can you know things will turn round? It's a ridiculous thing to say pax. If you know things will turn round you should gather all your savings and take out a loan and put a massive hefty bet on it.

None of us know things will turn round. It's just guesswork and wishful thinking.

I can't help but also pick up on all the I know's, which are then followed by we COULD win the next 3.

We could, but form says very unlikely.

If form says very unlikely then the outcome is relegation from here then O? Even your pessimism you might agree that conventional wisdom suggest, bearing in mind as you say "the first two" are relevant, that things will inevitably turn around.
I don't have a crystal ball O, so as "I know" all those things then the likely hood is we could win all 3. We could lose all 3 but that too is very unlikely right?

Otis

If form says very unlikely then the outcome is relegation from here then O? Even your pessimism you might agree that conventional wisdom suggest, bearing in mind as you say "the first two" are relevant, that things will inevitably turn around.
I don't have a crystal ball O, so as "I know" all those things then the likely hood is we could win all 3. We could lose all 3 but that too is very unlikely right?
I think we will win the odd one here and there. Nothing to suggest though that we can win 3 in a row.

Otis

Things may well turn round. We win Saturday and then draw the next two, I would say is very much turning things around.

5 points out of the next 3 games though probably won't be anywhere near enough.

I wouldn't say I am being pessimistic, I would say I am being rational and reasoned. There is just nothing anywhere to suggest we are suddenly capable of winning 3 in a row. That is totally irrational thinking.

Slump for 3 months, relegation form, teams sussing us out, even now starting to lose games at home too and putting in some dreadful performances.

Yep, certainly screams out 3 wins in a row doesn't it! ;)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Every game we don't win now (whether home or away) means one more remaining game we have to win to make the play-offs. And we are running out of games ... unless we think we can win every remaining game, we better start winning right now. What we really need to do is invent a time machine and go back a few weeks and start winning!

Users who are viewing this thread