NEWS: Coventry City and EFL reach 'Agreed Decision' regarding postponements sanction (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Like blaming dave boddy for the 13 million work needed at the stadium , nonsense argument

Imagine a match got cancelled for safety reasons ? Our fault too probably

alexccfc99

We made a commercial decision to opt for a licence not a lease. What other club is in a position where they have no influence on anything?
I don’t really get what difference having a lease as opposed to a license would have made

The Commonwealth games still would have been held there, the whole stadium was under their control for weeks

Grendel

So the pitch would have been pristine if we had a lease and not a license?

We’d have had a legal agreement regarding whose responsible. A lease could and should have been negotiated which gave the club the ownership of it - instead we had a flimsy license - We will be entirely responsible when FG negotiate - they won’t be repairing pitches we will

Evo1883

We’d have had a legal agreement regarding whose responsible. A lease could and should have been negotiated which gave the club the ownership of it - instead we had a flimsy license - We will be entirely responsible when FG negotiate - they won’t be repairing pitches we will

Really ? I wouldn't replace my roof if it fell off , accord would have too ..why are we different?

I actually don't think you know what you're on about here , just blaming boddy because well it's boddy and you hate him

Nick

Administrator

So we should have owned the pitch that was ruined by being rented out with the money going to Wasps?

Grendel

Really ? I wouldn't replace my roof if it fell off , accord would have too ..why are we different?

It’s nothing to do with roofs falling off - the club agreed a flimsy licence as it wanted a cheaper arrangement

We could have had serious negotiations about the actual terms of the arrangement and we chose not to

Evo1883

It’s nothing to do with roofs falling off - the club agreed a flimsy licence as it wanted a cheaper arrangement

We could have had serious negotiations about the actual terms of the arrangement and we chose not to
What's the pitch got to do with this ? The reason our matches were called off ?

Grendel

So we should have owned the pitch that was ruined by being rented out with the money going to Wasps?

Actually we should by now have owned our own ground.

Regardless the EFL rules are it’s our responsibility- that’s it period.

Is there another club this has ever happened to ever?

Evo1883

Actually we should by now have owned our own ground.

Regardless the EFL rules are it’s our responsibility- that’s it period.

Is there another club this has ever happened to ever?
Yes I agree but you've moved the posts miles

Grendel

What's the pitch got to do with this ? The reason our matches were called off ?

What other club has this happened to?

theferret

Well we made over 250k in gate reciepts yesterday of almost 10k seats sold at average of £25.

That's all in the budget though. These are anticipated gate receipts. This isn't extra revenue and if anything, the cat A game attendances are down on last season.

Skyblueweeman

its the clubs responsibility to ensure games are played. I think we got away with it - clubs are sick and tired of us and it’s entirely the football clubs responsibility to ensure games are played

If we start messing around again and start whining the new deal offered by Ashley isn’t commercially viable tough - that’s a situation created by the owners and no one else - remember we agreed it seems a licence and not a protected lease which is utter nonsense given wasps were clearly distressed. We did it as it’s cheaper and to keep this pathetic charade we are building a new stadium

Like I said, I know there's a argument about CCFC being on top of it more. That doesn't detract from the fact that Wasps were complicit in the state of the pitch and the lack of repair around it.

When you say clubs are sick and tired of us, what proof do you have or is that opinion? Having spoken to a few in the EFL (inc at least 3 in the Championship), I've only heard sympathetic overtones towards us.

And can you post the link about Wasps not having to offer a new pitch? I must have missed that.

LevelBest

So unless FG mess the state of the Arena and pitch up to a point we can't play there, we're only hit financially and out of pocket to Huddersfield, Wigan and WBA and nothing else. Considering the underlying reasons for the postponements, think this is the best the EFL could have offered.

But watch for a pitchfork and torch-wielding mass of Sunderland Forumites baying for EFL and Sky Blue blood when they get to hear the news. :rolleyes: They were screaming for a points deduction after the initial postponement.
I think WBA was postponed because of the Queen's death so they aren't due anything

Saddlebrains

Wouldnt get too excited we wont see this deduction

Harry Styles and Arctic Monkeys amongst other things on the pitch over the summer.

No time for a new one to be laid and could cause issues. Thats if we're even there though tbf

Robinshio

i would get sport england (or whoever runs the commonwealth games) to pay
they should return the stadium in the same condition they take it on surely exactly the same as if you were renting a property

Nick

Administrator
Can't even see how it would work for FG to now say "you are in charge of the pitch" and then say "oh by the way we are putting on 2 concerts and other football matches on it".

Users who are viewing this thread