Newcastle UTD (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Doing brilliantly, 3-1 win tonight to put them into 3rd in the table. Lost arguably there best players in the last 12 months in Carroll, Barton, Nolan, Enrique and replaced them with cheaper players, similar situation to ours but on a smaller scale. Based on there squad quality I would put Newcastle between 12-14th.
A thing that struck me today was the work rate and ethic of every player in black and white, all 11 players ran themselves into the ground today even Mr Best and you could tell they were playing for each other and have a great team ethos. They don't particularly play good football but they get lots of bodies forward quickly which overwhelms the opposition defence and forces them into a mistake.

Well done Newcastle.

Grendel

Yes Pardew is doing well but I am sure the usual problems will surface.........

Kuklinski

I had a tenner on 1-3 @ 39/1 on Betfair, plus £30 @ 7/2 on a Newcastle win. The only loser was my Stoke ht Newcastle ft, but I can't complain.

LastGarrison

Newcastle are looking very solid at the back as a unit and Collochini (sp) is one of my defenders of the season so far.

Midfield has been boosted by the creativity of both Cabaye and Obertan with Ben Arfa waiting in the wings but still feel they are lacking up front. Yes Ba is on fire but for me Best and Ameobi are not top half Premiership strikers. If Pardew can buy another decent striker in January or they get lucky on the injury front I certainly think they can be pushing for a top 8 place.

And this is from a man with an irrational hatred for all things Newcastle United.

kg82

Notice how hard they worked when they didn't have the ball? We do that sporadically, nowhere near enough. Stoke didn't like it.

One other thing, James Perch should've gone for that challenge. The ref was good overall last night but that and the 2 pens (they were probably both pens, just very soft) put his score down.

LastGarrison

Yeah Pardew has certainly got them working for each other and not many teams outwork Stoke. If anything the loss of Barton, Nolan etc. seems to have brought them closer together as a group.

Thing was he'd only been on the pitch, what, 5 seconds? So would have been a very brave decision for the ref to make. Both penalties were very soft and could have gone either way but I would not have been happy if either had been given against Cov although I would say with Huth's if he had done that in the oppositions box it would have been a foul against him.

Was a good game overall with the only sour point for me being I've got Shawcross in my dream team!!!!

kg82

Yeah Pardew has certainly got them working for each other and not many teams outwork Stoke. If anything the loss of Barton, Nolan etc. seems to have brought them closer together as a group.

Thing was he'd only been on the pitch, what, 5 seconds? So would have been a very brave decision for the ref to make. Both penalties were very soft and could have gone either way but I would not have been happy if either had been given against Cov although I would say with Huth's if he had done that in the oppositions box it would have been a foul against him.

Was a good game overall with the only sour point for me being I've got Shawcross in my dream team!!!!

DAMNIT... So have I!

Users who are viewing this thread