Newcastle after Wilson (1 Viewer)

larry_david

So Newcastle are eyeing up a bid ofr Coventry Cirt youngster Callum Wilson only 21 and has scored 11 goals this season and he is wanted by us to increase our number of home grown players.-Barnsey ( Source NUFC.com )

My Newcastle mate took pleasure in showing me this, I took pleasure in telling him Wilson signed a new deal 3 days ago...Or should we be worried?

ConnorDevine

Newcastle definitely have the money to prise him away from us regardless of him signing a contract, but I'm not sure if he'd be keen to leave, he's getting first team football for a successful team playing well

FRY-CCFC

well joe kinnear was watching brum and enquired about shane fergusons availability. He is already a newcastle player...

If wilson was smart he wouldn't leave to go and sit in the reserves a la bigi

PVA

Can't see any Premier league clubs being interested in Wilson, he's nowhere near good enough.

Skybluedar

A L1 player signing for a PL club will be shipped straight back out on loan to the Championship and hence under immediate pressure to perform. I don't see that as a positive step for a player who is young. If he stays with us he will inevitably be tested at Championship level within the next two seasons and anyone interested at that point will not be shipping him away. Hopefully the 3 year deal will encourage him to keep on doing what he is doing for the club that gave him his chance this season and repay us by keeping us pushing for the playoffs. As Leon said about 2 weeks ago, anything is possible this season.

torchomatic

In December 2011, just after Hoffman completes the takeover.

When's Joe Cole joining on loan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

well joe kinnear was watching brum and enquired about shane fergusons availability. He is already a newcastle player...

If wilson was smart he wouldn't leave to go and sit in the reserves a la bigi
haha Joe kinnear what a tool

CarpyCov84

I'm sure Gael will advice him against the move but then again money does talk but I think he has more About him that Gael does

SkyBlueSid

It will be all about money. Newcastle would pay him a salary that would make his current wages look like pocket money. Pro footballers don't think like us, they are on a career ladder and what the hell if they are on the bench or out on loan. Look at how many players are content to do just that when signed by Premier clubs.

Wilson will have just had a pay rise with a new contract, but he won't be on megabucks at City. Make no mistake that if a Premier club came a-calling, he would be stupid to turn it down, as it may never happen again, especially if he turns out to be a one-season wonder. The club have given him a new contract knowing it would increase his value. Unlike with Bell, they are right this time. So they are likely to accept any decent offer, given the lack of income. And City have always been a selling club, haven't they?

ccfc_Tom

Only benefit would be money if he did that. Look at best and bigi, got nowhere with their moves

hill83

I'd argue that football players do think like us. If a job offer came in now for more money I know what I'd be doing.

Grendel

I'd argue that football players do think like us. If a job offer came in now for more money I know what I'd be doing.

Exactly! Here's a 1000% wage increase. No thanks im really happy working where I am.

ricohman

It isnt a 3yr deal though is it. Its 1 and half with an option for another year. So any club only has to buy out a 1 and a half yr contract

Marty

I hope he doesn't go, but if he does then I hope it's in the summer. It would be a real shame to break up this team so early when they can potentially achieve so much.

stupot07

Are you drunk?

Arsenal paid £12m rising to £15m for oxlade chamberlain on 1 good season in league one, Blackburn paid £8m for Jordan Rhodes on the back of a couple of good seasons in league one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

japandy

haha Joe kinnear what a tool
My sister lives in Whitley Bay and her family are Newcastle fans. They are the most slobbish fans you will ever meet and don't deserve any success. People complain about Mike Ashley but he has done so much for that club. As well as that he still has the ability to 'stand by a friend'. Kinnear helped Newcastle out 5 or 6 years ago, and the fans adored him. He then became sick and had to retire, but Ashley has stayed loyal, and now that Kinnear is better Ashley has found a position for him. Rather than berate Ashley I think people should take a long look at the situation an see that in this sport of money and power someone has stood by a friend an shown loyalty. Many people can learn from him.

skybluesham

Newcastle took best - who was doin all right, took bigirimana- and are now apparently trying to get Wilson ---- doubt he will go though

Steve.B50

Wilson seems like a decent sort of lad, why on earth would he want to be living in the North East.
He us A Coventry lad, be a massive change in his life, especially as he would be in the reserves.

SkyBlueSid

Yes, I take your point. Get offered a new job on twice the money, and would you care that half your time would be spent drinking tea in the canteen? Of course not!

But what I was trying to say was that they think differently about football to supporters. The fans often expect a player to remain loyal in the face of a lucrative new contract, based on whether they would get in the team or not. They don't worry about that. I was disappointed to discover this when Danny Thomas left for Spurs. We knew a few of the players then and asked one of them why he had left as he wasn't getting a game. The answer was simple: money. Mortgages to pay, etc. That's all it was about, just like the rest of us.

hill83

Yes, I take your point. Get offered a new job on twice the money, and would you care that half your time would be spent drinking tea in the canteen? Of course not!

But what I was trying to say was that they think differently about football to supporters. The fans often expect a player to remain loyal in the face of a lucrative new contract, based on whether they would get in the team or not. They don't worry about that. I was disappointed to discover this when Danny Thomas left for Spurs. We knew a few of the players then and asked one of them why he had left as he wasn't getting a game. The answer was simple: money. Mortgages to pay, etc. That's all it was about, just like the rest of us.

You are spot on. Even if a player is a fan of the club it makes no difference.

My sister lives in Whitley Bay and her family are Newcastle fans. They are the most slobbish fans you will ever meet and don't deserve any success. People complain about Mike Ashley but he has done so much for that club. As well as that he still has the ability to 'stand by a friend'. Kinnear helped Newcastle out 5 or 6 years ago, and the fans adored him. He then became sick and had to retire, but Ashley has stayed loyal, and now that Kinnear is better Ashley has found a position for him. Rather than berate Ashley I think people should take a long look at the situation an see that in this sport of money and power someone has stood by a friend an shown loyalty. Many people can learn from him.

I think it's more to do with Ashley wanting a 'Cockney Confidant'. I seem to remember Wisey was appointed director of football on a salary of 1.5m and rarely set foot in Newcastle. Perhaps Ashley just doesn't trust northerners for some reason?

Astute

Would Wilson move for more money?

Money is only important if you don't have enough or could do with more. After this it is just pure greed if money is your motivator. The problem is I don't see Wilson being on much money. He does seem to get on great with Clarke though and is learning from him. They always seem to look for each other when one of them scores.

We all know there is a chance of him going in January. He has pace, is strong and a natural finisher who will improve more. And if a big offer comes in for him it would be hard to turn it down. The best chance of keeping him would be getting back to the Ricoh and the fans returning whilst keeping up with our present form. If this happened it would be madness to let him go.

RoboCCFC90

Would Wilson move for more money?

Money is only important if you don't have enough or could do with more. After this it is just pure greed if money is your motivator. The problem is I don't see Wilson being on much money. He does seem to get on great with Clarke though and is learning from him. They always seem to look for each other when one of them scores.

We all know there is a chance of him going in January. He has pace, is strong and a natural finisher who will improve more. And if a big offer comes in for him it would be hard to turn it down. The best chance of keeping him would be getting back to the Ricoh and the fans returning whilst keeping up with our present form. If this happened it would be madness to let him go.

He won't go for more money, if you watch his interview on SBP after signing his new deal, he said that he intended to buy a new place for his family in Coventry.

covcity4life

he been injured so much and now finnaly playing week in week out, i get the feeling from interviews thats more important than money to him right now.

i am sure bigi would love to be playing? he would no doubt revel in our current team.

Nick

Administrator
Let's be real. If Newcastle were to come in and offer him 4 or 5 times what he is on now could he say no? Would he be greedy to accept that with a family to support? What happens if he got a break in their first team in a cup game or Europe and scored a couple?

I don't think he could be blamed for it IF it was to happen.

covcity4life

yeh maybe he would go, it woukdnt be greedy

but it isnt set in stone he will definetly leave to go to a big club either

we live in a world where fans are frustrated with amount of money in the game,but that does not mean every single footballer prioritises money over happines, majority sure,but we cant say wilson will definitely opt to leave us.

Users who are viewing this thread