New York (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Never been to the States and I don't think I ever will now. Too bloody old! Having said that, New York is one place I'd avoid like the plague. It's never interested me one bit. Too much like London. All buildings and tourists! I'd rather see places like New England, Colorado, Utah, Idaho etc. Small towns where you get to meet real people. I've been to London hundreds of times - both business and visiting people - and hated it every time. New York just sounds too much like the Smoke. Anyway, just my opinion C4L, and I hope you have a great time. Stick some pictures up on here later, to show how much fun can be had if you try! ;)
Thanks, despite getting my name wrong. 😉
FWIW, I agree and would probably prefer to see some cities over there rather than New York but it’s somewhere I think that’ll be a good experience, plus it keeps the missus happy. 😁

Si80

Theirs a great rooftop bar in Brooklyn looking back at Manhattan called Westlight. It’s on top of the William Vale hotel. Close to the Brooklyn Brewery too should you care for their beers.

Virgil’s is great for ribs. That’s Midtown Manhattan.

Katz deli is excellent though expensive for a sandwich. Avoid matzo ball soup, it’s rank.

Death Ave Brewery just off the High Line is a great microbrewery and worth a visit for a pint if you do walk the HL. It’s at the top of the HL close to the Vessel.

Pershing Sq underneath Park Ave outside Grand Central is great for breakfast.

Juniors cheesecake from Grand Central is a nice treat whilst exploring Grand Central.

Si80

I don’t need to tell you to take thermals. It’ll be fucking freezing this time of year over there. It’s great though when it’s clear blue skies and dry.

Only thing I’ll say is plan out the areas you want to explore because If you aren’t careful you can spend a lot of time travelling / in traffic in cabs and miss out on seeing a lot.

It’s my favourite city.

Sick Boy

I don’t need to tell you to take thermals. It’ll be fucking freezing this time of year over there. It’s great though when it’s clear blue skies and dry.

Only thing I’ll say is plan out the areas you want to explore because If you aren’t careful you can spend a lot of time travelling / in traffic in cabs and miss out on seeing a lot.

It’s my favourite city.
Thanks mate, we’ve got everything we want to see planned out. How cold are we talking about?

clint van damme

Thanks mate, we’ve got everything we want to see planned out. How cold are we talking about?

I once went in early April and it wasn't that cold but one day there was a biting wind, its hard ro describe but it's like it got inside your bones it was fucking murder

Si80

When we did Feb it was sub-zero at the start of every day. Obviously once you’re out walking you soon warm up and it’s a hassle as you get hot as soon as you step in a shop / pub / restaurant. But the wind chill there can make it feel really bitter.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
How about Worcester??
Been here nearly 3 years now, and only been into Worcester half a dozen times. Missus doesn't like it. She feels lost. We prefer to wander round Pershore, Tewkesbury, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye or Ludlow. All within ½ to ¾ hour drive from me.

ovduk78

I've been a few times at this time of the year and had days when we've worn just t-shirts and others when it's been -10 & a couple of feet of snow. Take clothes for all eventualities.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Been here nearly 3 years now, and only been into Worcester half a dozen times. Missus doesn't like it. She feels lost. We prefer to wander round Pershore, Tewkesbury, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye or Ludlow. All within ½ to ¾ hour drive from me.
All of which are lovely! I would say "Come to Evesham" but other than a walk along the riverbank on a sunny day, there's not much else to recommend it!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All of which are lovely! I would say "Come to Evesham" but other than a walk along the riverbank on a sunny day, there's not much else to recommend it!
Been to Evesham a couple of times since we've been here. Quite like it.

Adge

Off to New York in a couple of weeks, anyone got any recommendations for decent bars, places to eat etc?
We’re going later on in the year-do you mind telling how much it cost etc? There are 4 of us going and need to book soon but don’t want to get ripped off etc.

CovBrummie94

We’re going later on in the year-do you mind telling how much it cost etc? There are 4 of us going and need to book soon but don’t want to get ripped off etc.
I paid £600 PP for 5 nights flights and hotel with BA. Going early March.

Sick Boy

We paid something like €1,800 between 2 for flights and 5 nights at a 4 star hotel - that’s flying from Milan though.

Bertola

When we did Feb it was sub-zero at the start of every day. Obviously once you’re out walking you soon warm up and it’s a hassle as you get hot as soon as you step in a shop / pub / restaurant. But the wind chill there can make it feel really bitter.

I follow quite a few NYers on twitter due to being a knicks fan. A fair few of them have been saying how nice it is currently, but like has been said NY can change instantly

jimmyhillsfanclub

I went 22 years ago in January & it was fucking freezing. 2 foot of snow on the ground & -8C but the chill factor made it feel like -18C.

"the wind blows right through you, its no place for the old"

bezzer

We actually dined at Grand Central Station. Lots to choose from, but we frequented an American restaurant, the food was great, and the servers top rate and great fun. Seemed weird to dine out at a station, but would definitely go again.

We did that as well 👍 A fantastic location and superb architecture too.

Users who are viewing this thread