New Year's Day - 5 points outside the play-offs (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Somehow our highest assist player and has played half the games. It's amazing how many flukey passes you can make that leads to a goal ;)
G man you loves stats how can you ignore that one

I love stats, because most of the time, they prove my point, no one can argue McSheff is better than Fleck because we're talking about a player who has scored more, assisted more, in less games. I will admit he was disappointing, but these last 2 games you can tell he has lost weight, looks sharper, faster, fitter, stronger which is having a positive impact on his game.

dongonzalos

I love stats, because most of the time, they prove my point, no one can argue McSheff is better than Fleck because we're talking about a player who has scored more, assisted more, in less games. I will admit he was disappointing, but these last 2 games you can tell he has lost weight, looks sharper, faster, fitter, stronger which is having a positive impact on his game.

I think most people appreciate Flecks skill and quality

Paxman II

I said Friday in a post somewhere that this was a potentially a banan skin for us and we should show caution in all the optimism. I said Sheff Utd lost at home to the bottom club and we had no right to expect this as a win.
Yes we should have won but it just never dropped for us today did it? That happens and I'm glad it happened somehow as you can't win them all. Some here are saying we have to beat these teams becuase we face stiffer ones elswhere. Well could you say the same for the ones we beat recently then?....all top sides and in their own back yard! So no we don't have to beat these teams - its just one of those days. Had we played badly then I would see it differently. I said on Friday it was a team game when people were questioning the McGoldrick factor and today he had his worse game for us. The team did well enough and we have Clarke now too who in his interview showed utter confidence by suggesting had he not been sidelined this last month he would have as many goals as McGoldrick (just a few behind) suggesting 'so what' "I will go on and keep my own scoring record going". I liked that confidence and belief. MR's has done well to steel him away on a permenent deal!
We have a deep squad and will shake this defeat off in a day. Spurs and alot of recent hard fought wins has taken its toll maybe but this is when the men step up from the boys and push on.
MR's is spot on again in his interview. I was more disapppointed by only 15k crowd than anything else....thought we may have hit 17k+ after recent form. As I said we will be in the playoffs in the new years and in the next couple of weeks we will be there. The players feel it, the manager feels it and I believe it. Hey if we had beaten Shrewsbury 3-2 and lost narrowly at MK Dons 1-0 we all would be happy. Doesen't matter how it comes but it will come...we just have to adopt the 'Brazil' kit!

Last edited:

BrisbaneBronco

I said Friday in a post somewhere that this was a potentially a banan skin for us and we should show caution in all the optimism. I said Sheff Utd lost at home to the bottom club and we had no right to expect this as a win.
Yes we should have won but it just never dropped for us today did it? That happens and I'm glad it happened somehow as you can't win them all. Some here are saying we have to beat these teams becuase we face stiffer ones elswhere. Well could you say the same for the ones we beat recently then?....all top sides and in their own back yard! So no we don't have to beat these teams - its just one of those days. Had we played badly then I would see it differently. I said on Friday it was a team game when people were questioning the McGoldrick factor and today he had his worse game for us. The team did well enough and we have Clarke now too who in his interview showed utter confidence by suggesting had he not been sidelined this last month he would have as many goals as McGoldrick (just a few behind) suggesting 'so what' "I will go on and keep my own scoring record going". I liked that confidence and belief. MR's has done well to steel him away on a permenent deal!
We have a deep squad and will shake this defeat off in a day. Spurs and alot of recent hard fought wins has taken its toll maybe but this is when the men step up from the boys and push on.
MR's is spot on again in his interview. I was more disapppointed by only 15k crowd than anything else....thought we may have hit 17k+ after recent form. As I said we will be in the playoffs in the new years and in the next couple of weeks we will be there. The players feel it, the manager feels it and I believe it. Hey if we had beaten Shrewsbury 3-2 and lost narrowly at MK Dons 1-0 we all would be happy. Doesen't matter how it comes but it will come...we just have to adopt the 'Brazil' kit!

Well written sir, spot on.

covcity4life

how many more setbacks can we afford though?

even since robins took over we dropped point vs brentford, 2 vs pourtsmouth and preston

robins has a great record but everyone else had a head start,we cant afford to lose to shrewsbury at home

promotion is still on but we need another run...pronto

BrisbaneBronco

how many more setbacks can we afford though?

even since robins took over we dropped point vs brentford, 2 vs pourtsmouth and preston

robins has a great record but everyone else had a head start,we cant afford to lose to shrewsbury at home

promotion is still on but we need another run...pronto

I expect us to get belted by Spurs, so that will be 2 defeats in a row. So guess the run will have to wait till JPT game.
Home form is alarming to say the least but our away form is superb so we are still in the hunt. The dropped home points you mention, would already have us in the top 6 and that is frustrating.
Living in Aus in dont see the games. Do we play a different style away from home if so suggest we play same at home. ?

covcity4life

well we have to take the game to opposition at home and more of a counter style away

but i dunno, its just pressure if you ask me,they fuck up basic passes

i agree spurs will tonk us

if we beat preston and carlisle though the fans will be buzzing again

JPT is still vital imo

stupot07

Yeah no one can argue that tranmeres Andy Robinson is head and shoulders above fleck, baker and sheffers. His goal record from midfield backs that's up.

Astute

Spot on Otis.

Broke my phone at work last night. Had to eait for a new phone to be delivered or you would have heard from me by now :)

Can't believe the rubbish some have come out with. So our good run is over with 1 defeat? Were we outplayed? So we are not very good at getting results at home. Don't mean suddenly the playoffs are out of reach. How many clubs that were above us won yesterday?

So we lost to a team near the bottom again. I am quite happy with that. We will lose again before the end of the season. I would be happy if all our defeats for the rest of the season are against teams near the bottom. We are beating the teams near the top. They are the most important games. The 6 pointers. If we had won yesterday the talk would have been on going for 2nd place. Suddenly a defeat means to some we won't make the playoffs. Do yourself a favour and have a reality check.

Sky Blues

I expect us to get belted by Spurs, so that will be 2 defeats in a row. So guess the run will have to wait till JPT game.

I'm not too worried about the impact of the Spurs game on our morale. Spurs are on a pretty good run of form at the minute and I don't think anyone expects us to win, so the lads can go out and enjoy the game. If they do that, who knows, they might come away with something! But if not, it should be fairly straightforward for the players to box the result away mentally.

Users who are viewing this thread