New supporters club near town? (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

At least you won't be drinking sambuca in the Marc Mcnulty booth.

I'm surprised he never won the vote!
Would have gone Dublin and Wallace myself but can go with Regis getting the nod, but Konjic, give me strength.

oakey

Age related voting in action.
Club's finest years (with teams which rarely feared relegation) were 60s and 70s but most fans think it was 80s and 90s.
Although our 87 cup win was the greatest attainment it was an aberration, after 3 close escapes from relegation, in a period of slow but inexorable decline. Even the late 90s teams never came as close to winning anything but flirted with relegation.

Skybluefaz

Club's finest years (with teams which rarely feared relegation) were 60s and 70s but most fans think it was 80s and 90s.
Although our 87 cup win was the greatest attainment it was an aberration, after 3 close escapes from relegation, in a period of slow but inexorable decline. Even the late 90s teams never came as close to winning anything but flirted with relegation.
At least there is a bit of representation across the decades I suppose.

Frank Sidebottom

Should've gone with ex players turned into tortured alcohol related pun booths.

Mo Cognac booth
Guillaume Boozelin booth
Micky Gin booth
Max Beermou booth
Carling Baker booth
Willie Vodka booth
Gordons Strachan booth
Etc.

The only problem is that some fans might not realise they're puns.

Grendel

yes true but the fact someone like Terry Gibson wasn’t even in the selection is a bit daft as well. He actually had more an impact over his time here than Regis he played in the same level of team and scored a goal every other game which when you look at it was phenomenal

Grendel

Mo Cognac booth
Guillaume Boozelin booth
Micky Gin booth
Max Beermou booth
Carling Baker booth
Willie Vodka booth
Gordons Strachan booth
Etc.

just have eleven Kevin Drinkell booths and get the liver transplant units on standby

Grendel

Michael Doyle is the biggest embarrassment considering who has played for us.

What’s he a legend for? The one league 2 season? He was dire otherwise and has never played in the top flight

Irish Sky Blue

yes true but the fact someone like Terry Gibson wasn’t even in the selection is a bit daft as well. He actually had more an impact over his time here than Regis he played in the same level of team and scored a goal every other game which when you look at it was phenomenal
I liked Terry Gibson but to say he had more of an impact on the club than Regis simply isn’t true.

clint van damme

They played together at Man City but Hutch was probably past his best while Bennett hadn’t reached his.

I've a feeling they both played in Mickey Gynns testimonial, Hutch certainly did so I may have seen them play together but way past their prime

Grendel

I liked Terry Gibson but to say he had more of an impact on the club than Regis simply isn’t true.

Only due to the cup and Sillett in his first two seasons by his own admission he was atrocious - Houchen actually had a bigger direct impact

Irish Sky Blue

Only due to the cup and Sillett in his first two seasons by his own admission he was atrocious - Houchen actually had a bigger direct impact
He was played the wrong way by first Gould and them McKay. It was only when Sillett took over that the team played to his strengths. After that he was immense. He played and was superb for a few seasons after the cup win until Butcher made the idiotic decision to replace him with Rosario. That last season before he left for Villa, I think was his best for us. Not many goals but the way he lead the line, brought others into play and his around performance was fantastic.
By direct impact play I assume you mean goals in the cup run. I think his direct impact on the way we played was a major reason for us winning the cup.

shmmeee

Mo Cognac booth
Guillaume Boozelin booth
Micky Gin booth
Max Beermou booth
Carling Baker booth
Willie Vodka booth
Gordons Strachan booth
Etc.

Can’t believe you missed Magners Hedman.

Grendel

I gather Houchen was the 80s Biamou but was surprised he wasn’t an option

The 80’s biamou bit could clearly score with his head. He was actually a pretty good footballer but only scored cup goals

Marty

Has someone put the windows through? the place was boarded up when I walked past this evening.

Hobo

What’s he a legend for? The one league 2 season? He was dire otherwise and has never played in the top flight

He wasn't that good in League 2 it was Kelly coming back from injury that got us promoted. The following year he assisted Notts County out of League status.

Users who are viewing this thread