new striker? (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

With Mcgoldrick not showing and Mcdonald and ROD being shown the Loan door it leaves us with just Clarke and Elliott as fit strikers, does this mean we may see another striker?

I didn't realise McDonald and ROD had been shown the door? I think that leaves us with Ball, Clarke, Elliott and the kid Jeffers?

ccfcway

Clarke
Ball
Elliott
RoD
Cody
Jeffers

6 strikers, all competing for one place !

I would suggest that at least 3 need to go before we consider spending more wages on another striker.

CovisGod

Clarke
Ball
Elliott
RoD
Cody
Jeffers

I would suggest that at least 3 need to go before we consider spending more wages on another striker.

I only see two competing strikers, Clarke and Elliott, ROD is never going to hold down a first team place, I can actually see him leaving definatley in the summer if not this transfer window, Cody will go, Ball I will give you £1 if he makes another appearance before his loan finishes and Jeffers isn't good enough (yet)

I can see Robins bringing in another striker, probably on loan but someone with a bit of goal scoring potential, say Clarke got injured, I'd see it as we've only got one striker capable of filling in (Elliott).

I'd bring in one more if Cody goes, if not start playing him.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Doesn't seem five minutes since McDonald joined us in a glory-showered signing? What happened? :facepalm:

ccfcway

I only see two competing strikers, Clarke and Elliott, ROD is never going to hold down a first team place, I can actually see him leaving definatley in the summer if not this transfer window, Cody will go, Ball I will give you £1 if he makes another appearance before his loan finishes and Jeffers isn't good enough (yet)

I can see Robins bringing in another striker, probably on loan but someone with a bit of goal scoring potential, say Clarke got injured, I'd see it as we've only got one striker capable of filling in (Elliott).

I'd bring in one more if Cody goes, if not start playing him.

I'd agree with that, but we dont have the wages for 7 strikers "competing" for one place, some need to go

suddsy101

I would quite like to see Jeffers play. Only problem with him he didnt even score one goal for Tamworth. id maybe like to see him on the wing. As for the striker situation like to see a good goalscorer coming in. I quite like someone like Clayton Donaldson. good goalscorer in our league

shmmeee

Clarke
Ball
Elliott
RoD
Cody
Jeffers

You forgot Callum Wilson who MR has talked about playing a part. Would be happy to see ROD Cody and Jeffers leave and have those four fighting for one spot.

I'd rather we bring in a CB than anything, assuming we get Adams back that is.

Ball is nearly fit, so that would leave us with 3 who could do a job in the first team (plus Macca) and if we are playing 451 probably don't need another one. Certainly we won't sign a striker till ROD and Cody are out on loan to free up the wages.

Probably more likely we would spend on a left back (maybe Adams on a perm) or another CB to cover Wood and Edge.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jose Baxter in, then we would have 3 good strikers, 1 ok (Ball) if the other 2 are shipped off.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Jamie Vardy, on loan from Leicester anybody? Doesn't look like he'll get much chance now that Wood has signed for them? This isn't a rumour or something I've "heard" just thought it might be an option?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Jamie Vardy, on loan from Leicester anybody? Doesn't look like he'll get much chance now that Wood has signed for them? This isn't a rumour or something I've "heard" just thought it might be an option?
On another board a Leicester fan reckons he has been offered to all league 1 clubs on loan with Preston an Tranmere favourites to get him

Users who are viewing this thread