New striker needed? (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Hi All,

Went Preston on Saturday and been alot recently....Clarke a good aquisition and will do a job, albeit a tad lazy sometimes! From what i see we are strong throughout the pitch but when its not happening up top we have no1 to come off bench and create a spark (sorry but i dont think Elliott will get you promoted)......who would you realistically like to see, will we add another?

covcity4life

elliot has provided a spark from subs bench quite often

dont think we need another striker that much imo

if we move on ROD and callum ball isnt back from injury then ill have faith in whoever robins brings in

scotland looked a good bet to me but it never happened for whatever reason

glancy89

You have to admit though that when you see most teams pushing in the final sprint till end of season they add some quality loans or snap up a decent freebie! It seems to me Robins doesnt have a huge amount of faith in Elliott otherwise he'd use him more often and sorry Ball is useless!

if we move on ROD and callum ball isnt back from injury then ill have faith in whoever robins brings in

Paxman II

I think the answer lies in our own squad. Unless we change the way we currently play we don't need anymore strikers.

kg82

I would say we definitely need another. If we have any thoughts about getting to the play offs we need another option up top. No idea who at the moment, but I think that's the area Robins is looking most thoroughly at.

stupot07

Saturday showed we needed another. We have Clarke and Elliott then it's ROD. 1 of the striker get injured, like Saturday, then we really struggle for back up.

In fact I think Saturday and robins lack of subs (Barton came on in the 90th minute) shows the squad is not as good as people think it is. We have a core of 13-14 then it's pretty average.

covcity4life

Saturday showed we needed another. We have Clarke and Elliott then it's ROD. 1 of the striker get injured, like Saturday, then we really struggle for back up.

In fact I think Saturday and robins lack of subs (Barton came on in the 90th minute) shows the squad is not as good as people think it is. We have a core of 13-14 then it's pretty average.

what about all the other games when he has made subs? subs that have changed games?

your gonna ignore them jsut to focus on this 1 match to suit your negative agenda?

glancy89

I Agree chap! We looked awesome in the first half agaisnt preston but couldnt convert the chances , at half time being 1-1 would have been great to take off Fleck, move moussa out to left whing and add another striker, think we'd have gone on to win 3/4 -1!!

CovMatt1987

does anyone know the current situation with Ball? I have no problem with him - and if it was Clarke / Elliott / Ball and ROD then perhaps we would need to look at other areas with more importance above strikers.

However if you take Ball out of that equation and i think we definately need cover. Clarke is a goalscorer but from what Ive seen - and from what Robins has hinted at without saying - is he can go missing in certain games, he doesnt strike me as a 'giving it his all for the team' type of player. So we could see some definate off days from him. another striker would be quite helpful but I think with the situation we are in it needs to be the right striker - ie, one who will actually improve us (that we can afford) not just signing a striker for the sake of it.

stupot07

what about all the other games when he has made subs? subs that have changed games?

your gonna ignore them jsut to focus on this 1 match to suit your negative agenda?

No, my point is that lately he has had sheff and Elliot in the squad they are part of this 13-14 core players, so he's options on the bench (2 of Elliott, Moussa and fleck, plus Thomas).

Saturday we were missing sheff and Elliott meaning that Moussa and fleck started and we didn't have any game changing options on the bench.

covcity4life

doesnt change the fact that we have a good big squad

robins may not have faith in ROD,Malaga..any others?

cameron is a CB,wasnt gonna come on to make an impact

bell is not match fit and only an idiot would risk him vs dirty team like preston

barton wasnt suited to a game where balls always in air either

i can think of 2 players that work in your argument, the rest is just a case of playing preston away imo

skybluegod

Ball is back from injury playing for u21

Users who are viewing this thread