New striker! (allegedly....!!) (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

I've no real idea who this could be, unless its another youngster. Guess if teams have to register their squads again, there will be some players who are left out.
Main problem being isnt there a maximum length of a month for an emergency loan? So it may help, but a month of results, then several more months of nothing isnt going to keep us out of the brown stuff.

rob9872

Oh good its "irons in the fire" I hope we dont leave any stones unturned!

rob9872

"Alex and Oliver were top of our list" :D

I'm sure its intentional. Do they do this just to wind us up?

kingharvest

I must admit, the whole "they were top of our list" line is getting about as old as Robbie Keane saying "they were the club i supported as a boy" whenever he signs for anyone

No-one believes you

ashbyjan

Don't give a toss what they say - just ignore it and judge them by their actions. So far we have lost our top scorer and replaced him with a promising kid - down on deal. Have lost a injury prone second string centre back and replaced him with an ageing yet half decent full back - even and got rid of a non-league standard alleged striker and got in a promising attacking midfielder (who has yet to be weighed and judged in action) so have to assume its a gain as no one can be as bad as ROD.

So overall player wise I would say at this stage we are slightly down but if Manure kid proves as good as people say then we will be slightly up but will wait until loan window closes before condemning.

Best news was keeping Keogh, Cranie etc - at least for now anyway.

J

Jack Griffin

I imagine he is bringing in someone a bit like Platt in stature.. Platt does his bit, but he isn't a match winning player, we need someone similar who scores about twice as often as he does and is a lot better with the ball on the deck.
Platt can then go to the bench & come on to help close out matches.

rob9872

Heskey? :D:D:D:D:D

Astute

Michael Owen is available. Can't see it being him unless we are swapping one of our younger players to secure him wages free.

Users who are viewing this thread