New statement (2 Viewers)

Grendel

The league presented Otium with the Golden Share on the condition that they pay ACL £590k by 31/05/2014. That has never been disputed by anyone. If you have evidence to the contrary then post it so we can all see it.

Therefore as it stands today, Otium haven't fulfilled and are in breach of the conditions set down by the FL.

So there was no clause that stated if the initial gaurantors were persued then this would me netted off?

So you do have the agreement - share it please

Samo

Which side are we talking about? Or do you mean both of them?

The legals. If I were SISU I would be bringing that to the table, not tossing it away beforehand.

Kingokings204

Samo, the reason the drop the appeal is two fold. It isn't really a bargaining chip tbh. It can be used to get back to the ricoh now yes but its a hopeless appeal just like the hopeless case.

The SISU proposal must involve dropping the appeal else they are morons as they acknowledge acl wont talk until their criteria is met.

Grendel

Samo, the reason the drop the appeal is two fold. It isn't really a bargaining chip tbh. It can be used to get back to the ricoh now yes but its a hopeless appeal just like the hopeless case.

The SISU proposal must involve dropping the appeal else they are morons as they acknowledge acl wont talk until their criteria is met.

And in turn ACL must accept the football league will meet on the 7th and will judge under the terms of their agreement what monies are owed to ACL.

Ian1779

The legals. If I were SISU I would be bringing that to the table, not tossing it away beforehand.

I suppose it could well be in their proposal. Again - I see that they used the phrase 'own our own stadium'.. no mention of build.

Kingokings204

For this reason alone I would wager a large amount on their proposal containing nothing of the sort

Made me laugh but true lol a good point also is isn't the ricoh naming deal up this year worth around 10m? Could this be significant?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is one simple concession to be made on each side.

SISU have to drop the appeal
ACL have to accept that the money is with the FL and it is their call when and how much they get

No reason at all for talks not to be happening.

I don't see any concessions so far.......... the sticking point wont be the £590k and to be honest we have waited this long waiting till 7th August shouldn't be a problem should it? Seems both sides are waiting for the FL to make the decision on that.

The legal challenges though stand to be more expensive than what might be gained from the £590k (or if you believe SISU much less). That's the real blockage in this imo and I suspect the only person driving that is Ms Seppala

brinner

i don't believe a word anyone connected to sisu have to say.

probly a tactic to sell a few more season tickets to people hoping that if they get 1 now cheap they will have to be honoured if/when we move back to the ricoh, which wont happen this season, then they are stuck with them.

NOPM.

Kingokings204

i don't believe a word anyone connected to sisu have to say.

probly a tactic to sell a few more season tickets to people hoping that if they get 1 now cheap they will have to be honoured if/when we move back to the ricoh, which wont happen this season, then they are stuck with them.

NOPM.

I don't agree with this but I cant say I blame you either.

Samo

That's my point King, it will be part of the proposal, not given away before they sit down. It might be a pretty poor card but its just about the only one they have left.

chiefdave

While the language is better than most of their statements actions speak louder than words.

How about ACL and SISU meeting in the middle? SISU say we'll pay what the football league say we owe at the forthcoming meeting but in the meantime we'll pay the undisputed portion owed and drop the appeal as a gesture of goodwill and lets get talking. That would be hard for ACL to justify saying no to, if SISU haven't dropped any further legal action then it doesn't really matter what's in the statement as nothing will happen.

Of course saying you have a proposal ready is all well and good but with no indication of what is in it we can't really judge how serious SISU are. If its the same old we need everything for nothing then we're no further forward, if its a fairer proposal then we are making progress.

At the end of the day I don't see anything to get my hopes up in there. Seems SISU have gone back to the plan of trying to make ACL look the bad guy, wonder how many people will go with that after the contents of the JR report.

dongonzalos

Can't see why talks can't start.
ACL can still maintain their stance that there will be no deal until the JR is dropped and satisfactory monies owed paid.
However have the talks so when the money is settled it is a case of sign on the dotted line and we can start the season at the Ricoh.
This is a very very very rare moment where I agree with SISU over ACL.

chiefdave

Unless you've seen the agreement in writing from the football league you don't know the conditions set.

It was reported somewhere, can't remember where - might have been Damien Collins speaking, the other day that the FL insolvency policy requires a payment to be made equal to any payment that would have been made under a CVA that has been rejected. That being the case it is clear the £590K figure is from the CVA. The CVA can't change months later, if ACL had accepted it SISU couldn't have then gone back and said we've changed our mind we're paying less.

Part of the administration process is that the administrator sorts out what is owed to who, if he's got that wrong it's not ACL who should be getting messed around. To me if SISU want to go after anyone they need to take action against Appleton as he's seemingly missed this owed guarantor payment when making his calculations.

NorthernWisdom

Can't see why talks can't start.
ACL can still maintain their stance that there will be no deal until the JR is dropped and satisfactory monies owed paid.
However have the talks so when the money is settled it is a case of sign on the dotted line and we can start the season at the Ricoh.
This is a very very very rare moment where I agree with SISU over ACL.

Yup, you talk and find resolution (I accept that's unlikely, but!) and the resolution makes SISU more disposed to drop actions too.

Not talking guarantees we never get that far.

And if a deal's not to be made and this is PR, then ACL really need to play the game...

stupot07

As the money has been paid by Sisu and is with FL, then I don't see why ACL can't talk. At the end of the day the FL will make the decision and ACL will get paid whatever the FL deem appropriate. There's no reason for ACL to make it an excuse for not talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Would you drop what is effectively your most potent bargaining chip?

Or effectively your most potent deal blocker that means that you can stay in Northampton on a small percentage of your potential revenue.

Depends which way you look at it.......

wingy

That's my point King, it will be part of the proposal, not given away before they sit down. It might be a pretty poor card but its just about the only one they have left.

That may become even less of a card sometime this week If the judge gets his finger out ,assuming they have put It In.

stupot07

It was reported somewhere, can't remember where - might have been Damien Collins speaking, the other day that the FL insolvency policy requires a payment to be made equal to any payment that would have been made under a CVA that has been rejected. That being the case it is clear the £590K figure is from the CVA. The CVA can't change months later, if ACL had accepted it SISU couldn't have then gone back and said we've changed our mind we're paying less.

Part of the administration process is that the administrator sorts out what is owed to who, if he's got that wrong it's not ACL who should be getting messed around. To me if SISU want to go after anyone they need to take action against Appleton as he's seemingly missed this owed guarantor payment when making his calculations.

Out of interest (one for OSB) will ACL still get paid the amount through liquidation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

So there was no clause that stated if the initial gaurantors were persued then this would me netted off?

So you do have the agreement - share it please

Like I say, if you have evidence that suggests this than please post it.

As you well know, £590k is what ACL would have got for accepting the CVA. A CVA proposed by Mr Appleton.

Seems strange that after months of saying ACL were wrong to reject the CVA on the basis that Appleton hadn't done his job properly, that you now seem to be of the opinion that the CVA put forward by Appleton was wrong.

Samo

Or effectively your most potent deal blocker that means that you can stay in Northampton on a small percentage of your potential revenue.

Depends which way you look at it.......

They can do that anyway if they want to, but they very clearly don't. (and why would they?)

Brighton Sky Blue

Any reason why the FL can't fast forward this decision which to all intents and purposes is a formality?

Samo

Any reason why the FL can't fast forward this decision which to all intents and purposes is a formality?

Because they meet on the 7th, you can't go changing meeting dates, that would be anarchy. Anyway, what's the rush right? :whistle:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just out of interest is there a contractual agreement for the money to be in an Escrow account? If not I assume SISU can withdraw it at any time? Is the Escrow actually under FL control? or is it still under SISU control? The control is important because if it sits with SISU's solicitors then even if the FL say pay it then it doesn't mean that SISU wouldn't challenge legally and delay that payment.

One thing I have learnt with this whole affair is that if SISU point you to look at something then the reality is you need to be looking at something else to know what is going on ....... SISU say in this statement look at the £590k ................... :thinking about:

dongonzalos

Just out of interest is there a contractual agreement for the money to be in an Escrow account? If not I assume SISU can withdraw it at any time? Is the Escrow actually under FL control? or is it still under SISU control? The control is important because if it sits with SISU's solicitors then even if the FL say pay it then it doesn't mean that SISU wouldn't challenge legally and delay that payment.

One thing I have learnt with this whole affair is that if SISU point you to look at something then the reality is you need to be looking at something else to know what is going on ....... SISU say in this statement look at the £590k ................... :thinking about:

Still have the talks come to an agreement with SISU that suits you. Apart from your signature in the dotted line.

Once the FL say pay. If they don't you don't sign.
If they do you sign and you save a lot of time at a critical moment

turlykerd

Still have the talks come to an agreement with SISU that suits you. Apart from your signature in the dotted line.

Once the FL say pay. If they don't you don't sign.
If they do you sign and you save a lot of time at a critical moment

but the problem is, there isnt any trust between all parties...so a simple handshake or verbal agreement is never going to happen until one side makes a concrete gesture .:(

they cant even sit in the same room together unless its a courtroom

the only way the seem to communicate is through statements or open letters

PICK UP THE FUCKIN PHONE FOR FUCK SAKE !!

Users who are viewing this thread