New statement (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/update-coventry-city-ricoh-arena-210714-1772784.aspx

Proposal for return to the Ricoh Arena is 'ready to go' and available for review by ACL
We promised to keep you informed about our thinking and our efforts to progress getting the club back to Coventry as soon as possible.

The club and supporters know from ACL that ACL see any money owed to them as a barrier to coming together to talk about getting the Club back to Coventry. We are looking forward to the Football League's decision on 7th August because we, like you, want to resolve this matter and move on quickly.

In the meantime, we have our proposal ready to go but given ACL's position we await the outcome of the Football League meeting in 16 days time. We can then pay the required money and get down to the business of agreeing the terms of an interim deal at the Ricoh Arena.

As we've maintained all along, we are happy to pay any amount owed and sufficient funds are already sitting in an escrow account waiting to be paid following the outcome of their discussions.

As we said last week, and will continue to say, we want the club playing home games in the right place as soon as possible - back in the Coventry community. We are ready and willing to talk about a deal that brings the club back to the Ricoh Arena, until we can own our own stadium.

We will continue to meet groups of supporters, including the Sky Blues Trust board, to discuss our intentions going forward. We understand the need for transparency and intend to re-build the relationship with our supporters through regular communication. I will continue to meet fans and clearly explain the club's position. Some of these fans meetings have taken place over the last few days and more meetings are happening this week.

Finally, we want our supporters to know that we want what is best for the long term future of the club, built on financial stability and ensuring that Steven Pressley has access to the money you spend on match days to improve and grow the calibre of the first team squad.

- Joy Seppala & Tim Fisher

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...arena-210714-1772784.aspx#gFtdfeVblPKbVeyY.99

Godiva

Who will first mention there is no mentioning of the JR appeal?

Grendel

Kingokings204

Just start talking now. The money paid will be the money paid so get talking now.

Its clear now if it wasn't before that sisu want to come home with no doubts now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

ACL have stated that they won't discuss a return until legal action has been dropped, rightly or wrongly. Seppala and Fisher are just continuing on about their business as if that statement never existed.

Limey

There is no mention of the JR appeal. Part of the deal to be reviewed?
A counter statement from ACL saying they will discuss deal prior to FL decision would have me more optimistic than in a long, long while.
Please sort this so I can take my young son up to the Ricoh next year. Otherwise I might lose him to Pompey!

Gray

Im quite impressed that its the first statement without the usual school boy blame game. Just hope its a serious offer

duffer

In fairness if the club really are saying, "we'll pay ACL whatever the FL says we need to pay (when they finally decide)", then I can't see any reason why the two sides can't be talking now. There's no need to wait for an FL decision, imho.

Who is supposed to be picking up the phone to whom now? I've lost track. ;)

standupforcity

To me this sentence is telling:

'We are ready and willing to talk about a deal that brings the club back to the Ricoh Arena, until we can own our own stadium'.

Well that's fine then as this will never happen...so surely this is sisu's get-out clause....they're saying it's only a temporary measure, to save face.

Lorksalordy

The fact they are making a big play around having a 16 day delay when they have dicked around, squirmed and stalled wherever possible for over a year sticks in the throat a little. They also obviously continue with their JR appeal in the interest of righteousness and honour.

If they have a proposal "ready to go" why not just send it ?

Samo

In fairness if the club really are saying, "we'll pay ACL whatever the FL says we need to pay (when they finally decide)", then I can't see any reason why the two sides can't be talking now. There's no need to wait for an FL decision, imho.

Who is supposed to be picking up the phone to whom now? I've lost track. ;)

I think that is what the statement is saying.

skybluetony176

time to get on to the FL to have an E.G.M. and get the job done quickly

Exactly. Whatever they decide isn't currently the issue. When they are deciding it, is. 7th of August is no good as its the best part of 3weeks away and the 1st home game is supposed to be the following Wednesday, that leaves a grand total of 3working days for 2 sides who despise each other to do a deal.

They need to call an emergency meeting, currently they are the first hurdle to overcome.

Kingokings204

The fact they are making a big play around having a 16 day delay when they have dicked around, squirmed and stalled wherever possible for over a year sticks in the throat a little. They also obviously continue with their JR appeal in the interest of righteousness and honour.

If they have a proposal "ready to go" why not just send it ?

They cant send it as ACL wont listen atm. Thought the more interesting point is why not mention the appeal and how that is part of ACL's criteria?

Kingokings204

We need the football league to make a decision earlier or ACL need to understand that talks CAN happen prior to this payment knowing the FL have said its 7th August.

Im emailing the fl now.

luwalla

i really hope this happens, but i have to laugh ( or cringe ) at the way they are trying to state that they have always wanted this. where in reality this is a total u-turn ( obviously brought about the loss of the court case ! ) . they have gone from stating quite clearly that there was no deal to be done back at the ricoh & that they have moved on. they stated we would be in Northampton for the next 3 ( or 5 depending on what statement they put out ) years & were in advanced negotiations on a site ( with architects drawings done and everything ) .. there is not even a mention of the new stadium now, but rather just "owning a stadium".

any statement they make now holds no credibility ( if it ever did )

mark82

Don't see why they can't talk beforehand and have a deal ready to go when the money is paid. Ball is firmly in ACLs court now. Let's put aside who is to blame, we need pressure putting on both sides to talk.

Could the trust not be brokering meetings?

Lorksalordy

They cant send it as ACL wont listen atm. Thought the more interesting point is why not mention the appeal and how that is part of ACL's criteria?

So, you can't send a letter or email without the recipient saying they will read it ?

"We have submitted our proposal to ACL and copied the Football League" would be a far better message.

It would be nice, for once, for something not to be conditional.

AndreasB

You miserable twats, this is potentially a fantastic step in the right direction..even the language is more concillatory. We are coming home boys.

Users who are viewing this thread