New start........... (1 Viewer)

Didge76

If the worst were to happen and we had to start from scratch I think fan ownership is a must. Not saying us fans should own the " new club" totally but should have at least a 50% stake. I think if we started again as did AFC Wimbledon I would definatley like to get involved. Over to u guys discuss.

Otis

Had this same conversation the other day and I said it should at least be something to be discussed as a contingency.

Just looking at the options and where we would have to start from and where we would play etc. would at least be worthy of some discussion surely? I know people talk of us playing on the Memorial Park, but let us not forget how much bigger than that we are.

If we did go tits up and most of the fans did walk away, I bet we would still have around 3,000 or so who would follow a new CCFC and that would be a very healthy fanbase for non-league football.

As I say, it is at least worth looking at all the possibilities and potential etc.

I would be right behind an AFC Coventry if CCFC no longer existed.

torchomatic

I'd still go if that happened, if we went non-league. However, I would struggle if we did an MK Dons and moved somewhere completely different.

Sky Blues

Did anyone get control of the moribund Sky Blue Trust earlier this season? With reinvigorated leadership that would give us a ready made vehicle for refounding the club under supporter ownership, if it comes to that.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Not the most constructive of opinions even in these desperate times, Glen.

I suppose if the balloon went up, then we could reform at a similar level to Leamington Town or the like. It would be awful but we might be able to claw our way back to League status in a few years like AFC Wimbledon. Let's pray it doesn't come to this.

Marty

We should have something like Otis is suggesting, I would be happy to dip into my pocket to help fund it, maybe £10/£20 a month? It gives us nice safety net and over 3 or 4 seasons it could build up to £2 million, to either fund a new club if we were to disappear or if we have some forward thinking owners, it could be given as a lump sum for future transfers.

I think it needs some serious consideration.

Otis

I would put money in for sure.

At least, my wife's money anyway.

Remember, even if CCFC no longer existed this new club would be still be our CCFC.

Diehard Si

I was just thinking about the worst happening, and the more I thought about it the less 'bad' it seemed long term. This club is stuck in a rut, nowhere to turn, nowhere to get out of it.

If the club is liquidated then the fans would ensure that a new club forms, say Coventry Blues or Cov Utd, I dunno, name doesn't matter.. But the club would have no debt, the stadium couldn't get touched as the club don't own it. It might actually then work to our advantage that we didn't own the stadium.

A completely fresh start, with a 30,000 seater stadium to use. Now I'm sure the council would have to reduce the rent etc for a non league team so they could trade. We'd fly up the divisions. I'm sure we'd still get crowds of about 5k at least, which at that level is massive, maybe more.

In the league, City have done nothing in about 45 years, we don't know how to win. Only lose, and lose and battle and lose...Getting say 7 promotions in 9 years would make the club and players winners. With the fan base and therefore money we could throw at it then it would be hard not to fly up the leagues. Plus it would be refreshing to celebrate constant promotions.

Also, it would likely be us and Portsmouth doing this, as they probably will liquidate too. In future I see many other teams going the same route, like a financial armaggeddon of football clubs who are poorly run.

But if we do it this season, we'd have a season start at working our way back up. A head start so to speak.

Its not only us, the whole football setup in the country is about to break.

jim20

How about jointly owned 50% stake by the fans, 50% by the owners of the Ricoh, i.e. the Council and the Higgs trust. A true football team of the city. We could then have a deal with the Ricoh to cover the costs on match days, and pocket the difference. If we could sell tickets at about £8 each non league, and get a home following of around 10,000 fans then we would do all right. we would have a brilliant stadium, and theres no reason not to get a fan base of 10,000 as we have an average of 15,000 in these troubled times. The excitement of the future could bring more people to games.

Would be worth looking at. If I lived closer to Coventry then 4 and a half hours away then I would love to help run this. If and it is a big If we were to get liquidated

jim20

and if we can sign some of the youngsters the academy already has, we would do alright

skybluegod

i would get involved i think if we had a share we would have a say and would know whats happening and would do whats best unlike whats happening now but problem is who would play?

Marty

i would get involved i think if we had a share we would have a say and would know whats happening and would do whats best unlike whats happening now but problem is who would play?

AFC Wimbledon are a very successful club, i'm sure they would have plenty of advice they could pass on.

The CableGuy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon

When AFC Wimbledon was formed it affiliated to both the London and Surrey Football Associations, and entered the Premier Division of the Combined Counties League, which is the 9th tier in English football. In its short history the club has been extremely successful, being promoted five times in nine seasons, and going up from the 9th tier (Combined Counties Premier) to the 4th (League Two). The club hold a record of playing 78 consecutive league matches without a defeat, which is an all-time record in English senior football.

:eek:

Covstu

I would love to get involved, it would be quality! Although my playing days are over i think
!

Users who are viewing this thread