New Stadium / Old Stadium Tech Ideas (1 Viewer)

Rationalizer

Here are some technology ideas for the new stadium based on the new San Francisco 49'ers new stadium, or even ideas to upgrade the old stadium (Ricoh) wherever City end up.
Will the Food & Beverage ideas be accepted by the club?

San Francisco 49ers move to their shiny new ‘Levi’s’ Stadium this year for their inaugural season in their new home. This is good news for their fans as it becomes the world’s first ever Smart Stadium.

Located near Silicon Valley, the home of technology in the US, it is only fitting that the San Fran natives get the most tech-savvy stadium to match. Now accompanied with a special downloadable app for smart devices, fans can avail of some of the most cutting-edge in stadium technology.
Here is a list of benefits of the smart stadium:

• Wifi is available throughout the stadium.
  • 4G phone data is also available due to antenna provided by mobile companies.
  • The app can guide you from the nearest car park to your seats.
  • The app can guide you to the gate nearest your seats.
  • Inside the stadium the app can actually show you to your seats.
  • The app can show you the nearest bathrooms or show you the bathrooms with the shortest lines.
  • You can watch live replays of the game as you watch it.
  • You can get a live breakdown of the stats of the match as you watch the game.
  • You can order food and have it delivered right to your seat.
  • You can order food and collect it at the kiosk, but no waiting in line as there are express aisles for the app users.

Sony have also provided 2000 TVs that will be littered throughout the ground, and 70 4k TVs will be in the suites, along with two massive LED displays to be placed either end of the field.

Can someone send these onto the Garlic lady and ACL/Compass...

shmmeee

I talked to Brody a bit about this stuff when he was here. He was well up for it. Then he got chased out of town with pitchforks for being a witch I think.

pusbccfc

I want to go to a football game to watch and cheer on my team, not to sit down on my phone.

Samo

New stadium?

jimmyhillsfanclub

jesus fucking christ.....Is there an app available to help you stick all those shitty ideas up your arse?

Godiva

I talked to Brody a bit about this stuff when he was here. He was well up for it. Then he got chased out of town with pitchforks for being a witch I think.

Yep. Happens to anybody proposing novel ideas.
Already a few reply's to support that in this thread.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yep. Happens to anybody proposing novel ideas.
Already a few reply's to support that in this thread.

Except the ideas listed above are neither novel or useful....

The best "app" for finding your seat, the bogs & checking which queue is the longest in an age old app called "eyes".

Just because we have the ability to involve technology in everything we do, doesn't mean we should.....but of course its all about "creating" markets for things we didn't know or think we "needed"....

...but those not blinded by consumerism for its own sake already know we don't need them.

Godiva

Except the ideas listed above are neither novel or useful....

The best "app" for finding your seat, the bogs & checking which queue is the longest in an age old app called "eyes".

Just because we have the ability to involve technology in everything we do, doesn't mean we should.....but of course its all about "creating" markets for things we didn't know or think we "needed"....

...but those not blinded by consumerism for its own sake already know we don't need them.

Can I ask how old you are?
I am 59 and share your feelings about anything and everything going digital and into 'apps'.
But today children are born with a build-in smartphone and can do nothing without it. By 'upgrading' the stadium to include smartphone technology we can give the younger audience a more modern experience.

John_Silletts_Nose

Interesting to see technology embraced in San Francisco but excluded from Old Trafford with their tablet ban.

Not a bad idea having better connections, have you ever tried making a call or text at the end of a match and unable to make a connection as everyone is doing exactly the same and filling the network.

The ideas may be odd but they may work.

What do I know, I thought the Apple ipod was a stupid idea as there were enough MP3 players on the market already, I was wrong.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can I ask how old you are?
I am 59 and share your feelings about anything and everything going digital and into 'apps'.
But today children are born with a build-in smartphone and can do nothing without it. By 'upgrading' the stadium to include smartphone technology we can give the younger audience a more modern experience.

I'm 43 and I'm also an Engineer so I'm certainly no technophobe....

I just think that in 10 years from now, the phone/tablet/phablet explosion will have calmed down & the majority of folks will realise that a lot of what they "offer" is either pointless, in-effective or actually damaging in some way.

I'm an avid gig goer & hate to see kids missing the chance to live & be "in the moment" because they're too busy filming the gig through their shitty little screen.....why?

Its all part of this "image" that people build & present of themselves via facebook, twitter etc. where they want everyone to think they are busy, interesting, popular etc.. I think some of this "need" comes from the "big brother" type shows that always show clips of someones "best bits"...a brief synopsis of how they want to be portrayed....

Hopefully, society will re-adjust over time & realise that enjoying & partaking in real life events is often better than just filming it from the side lines....

Otis

I just think that in 10 years from now, the phone/tablet/phablet explosion will have calmed down & the majority of folks will realise that a lot of what they "offer" is either pointless, in-effective or actually damaging in some way.

I'm an avid gig goer & hate to see kids missing the chance to live & be "in the moment" because they're too busy filming the gig through their shitty little screen.....why?

Its all part of this "image" that people build & present of themselves via facebook, twitter etc. where they want everyone to think they are busy, interesting, popular etc.. I think some of this "need" comes from the "big brother" type shows that always show clips of someones "best bits"...a brief synopsis of how they want to be portrayed....

Hopefully, society will re-adjust over time & realise that enjoying & partaking in real life events is often better than just filming it from the side lines....

If you are there filming a player on your iPhone after he scores a goal, then you are not jumping up and down and cheering and isnt that what it's all supposed to be about?

shmmeee

I want to go to a football game to watch and cheer on my team, not to sit down on my phone.

I'd quite like Internet access and match stats/other scores on my phone. One big problem at half time is the cell tower is overloaded and getting the league table or whatever up takes ages or just fails.

It'll be the same info everyone's after so caching it locally makes sense. Also you could do a load of stuff like the half time draw, in play betting, social seat picking, etc.

fernandopartridge

I've just plagiarised your post and passed it off as my own on my blog. This will show me favourably. I bet I get a load of supportive comments mm

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

shmmeee

Reminds me of this:

All%2Bthis%2Btechnology%2Bis%2Bmaking%2Bus%2Bantisocial.jpg

People are people dude.

Rob S

We might end up with something like this if the new stadium goes ahead. Brighton & Hove Albion and Sussex Uni have partnered on the Digital Stadium Project which includes an Amex stadium app which includes a solution to the connectivity issues shmmeee refers to. I know there has been contact between our owners & B&HAFC and their stadium was built by CBRE so there's that link too. Having a stadium wedged in between two university campuses can't be a bad thing when it comes to tech development.

"The app can guide you from the nearest car park to your seats.

•The app can guide you to the gate nearest your seats.

•Inside the stadium the app can actually show you to your seats.

•The app can show you the nearest bathrooms or show you the bathrooms with the shortest lines.

•You can order food and have it delivered right to your seat.

•You can order food and collect it at the kiosk, but no waiting in line as there are express aisles for the app users."

................. I wonder why yanks are obese :confused:

They forgot to say that the food from the kiosk is laden with sugar or saturated fats - yummy :wave:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Here are some technology ideas for the new stadium based on the new San Francisco 49'ers new stadium, or even ideas to upgrade the old stadium (Ricoh) wherever City end up.
Will the Food & Beverage ideas be accepted by the club?

San Francisco 49ers move to their shiny new ‘Levi’s’ Stadium this year for their inaugural season in their new home. This is good news for their fans as it becomes the world’s first ever Smart Stadium.

Located near Silicon Valley, the home of technology in the US, it is only fitting that the San Fran natives get the most tech-savvy stadium to match. Now accompanied with a special downloadable app for smart devices, fans can avail of some of the most cutting-edge in stadium technology.
Here is a list of benefits of the smart stadium:

• Wifi is available throughout the stadium.
  • 4G phone data is also available due to antenna provided by mobile companies.
  • The app can guide you from the nearest car park to your seats.
  • The app can guide you to the gate nearest your seats.
  • Inside the stadium the app can actually show you to your seats.
  • The app can show you the nearest bathrooms or show you the bathrooms with the shortest lines.
  • You can watch live replays of the game as you watch it.
  • You can get a live breakdown of the stats of the match as you watch the game.
  • You can order food and have it delivered right to your seat.
  • You can order food and collect it at the kiosk, but no waiting in line as there are express aisles for the app users.

Sony have also provided 2000 TVs that will be littered throughout the ground, and 70 4k TVs will be in the suites, along with two massive LED displays to be placed either end of the field.

Can someone send these onto the Garlic lady and ACL/Compass...

This reminds me of the one and only time I went to see the Bees at Brandon. girl standing next to me was filling in this form she had with stats etc,missed the next heat still filling it in and checking. She then turned to me and asked me who won,how the hell did I know? I said why didn't you watch it:facepalm:

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

things like ordering food to your seat only works in the nfl due to the breaks in play. would be pointless in a football game all your going to do is piss off everyone around you when some twat shows up at your seat blocking their view. the wifi idea is the only idea worth adding to an english stadium the car park app would be pointless get out of car look up you blind idiot oh look a stadium. some of the nfl stadiums have official car parks up to 2 miles away from the stadium as they usually have enough spaces for half the capacity where as the ricoh only had about 1-2k

skybluetony176

We might end up with something like this if the new stadium goes ahead. Brighton & Hove Albion and Sussex Uni have partnered on the Digital Stadium Project which includes an Amex stadium app which includes a solution to the connectivity issues shmmeee refers to. I know there has been contact between our owners & B&HAFC and their stadium was built by CBRE so there's that link too. Having a stadium wedged in between two university campuses can't be a bad thing when it comes to tech development.

Are you after Sandra Garlics job Rob? You seem to be promoting the new stadium more than her of late. Does this mean you're knocking GCBTTR on the head?

Rob S

Are you after Sandra Garlics job Rob? You seem to be promoting the new stadium more than her of late. Does this mean you're knocking GCBTTR on the head?
I think the difference is that I used the word 'if' :) We're still around but, like others, are keeping quiet whilst things might be moving forward.

Maybe his owner will decide.
Have I done something to offend you? Not sure why I'm getting random abuse but it would be nice to know if there's a reason.

shmmeee

Peer to peer is quite a nice solution, cheers for that link. I don't see why anything there couldn't be done at any stadium, old or new to be honest.

Though I'd want internet access too to be able to moan on here in real time. I'd also be worried that like every other walled garden ever it'd quickly get outdated and clunky.

I know some will balk at it, but I like the idea of social seating, like telling you if people on your friends list are sitting near you, or letting you choose to sit near people based on interest or other filters. That can be done on the web system alone.

The clubs digital engagement has improved massively in recent seasons (possibly out of necessity) but I still think there's a lot of new ground to be broken without the need for a new ground (if you'll excuse the pun).

Users who are viewing this thread