New Stadium nothing without fans (1 Viewer)

sisu go home

Sad that despite the forth coming attempts to make the club self-sustainable by building a new stadium owned by the infrastructure of the club, as near to Coventry as possible without ACL/council bullying the owners, people still look likely to give excuses for why they won't go to games if/when it's built. Regardless of the fact SISU are terrible owners, there's a good team of young lads working their arses off out there representing Coventry, and the best manager we've had in decades - so I understand it if people don't want to ground share with Northampton, because I don't either, but once that's dealt with, how many more excuses are people going to keep spewing out for not supporting their club? There's got to be a cut off point where even the biggest SISU hater will have to accept things not entirely on their terms otherwise, sorry, it's just shit support for your club, and makes the whole "Keep Coventry in Coventry" campaign look like a joke. This isn't meant to upset anyone, but I'm getting fed up with people changing (what were originally) important issues to suit their own agenda. Stadium that belongs to Coventry City FC please. As near to Coventry as you can get it please. No Coventry City Council involvement please. I'll be happy with that.

chiefdave

I don't think we really need to worry about who will or won't be going to the new stadium as its highly unlikely it will ever be built.

shmmeee

Edit:mad:sisu go home

Personally I want my football team that represents my city to be governed by the elected officials that also represent that city and I can vote for/against.

What have they done that you consider bullying? Why do you expect another council to be more favourable towards a Coventry team? Don't just throw vague emotive words around, if you're truly sick of the rhetoric do something to help others understand your point of view.

sisu go home

Edit:mad:sisu go home

Personally I want my football team that represents my city to be governed by the elected officials that also represent that city and I can vote for/against.

What have they done that you consider bullying? Why do you expect another council to be more favourable towards a Coventry team? Don't just throw vague emotive words around, if you're truly sick of the rhetoric do something to help others understand your point of view.

Sort of missing the point there mate (I assumed you might know about ACL/SISU already because it's all anyone's been talking about on here for the past year).

You did give me a great example for my argument though;

Key word in your comment was this:
Personally I want my football team that represents my city to be governed by the elected officials that also represent that city and I can vote for/against."

So what if it's not? What if the bloke next to you wants it governed by someone from Zimbabwe? What if the bloke next to him wants an American Tycoon? What if the bloke next to him doesn't want the club in Coundon he wants it in Wyken? Does a club this big have to change everything for you personally to support it?

Stick with the issues mate, don't create new ones. There needs to be a line drawn where people stop giving excuses to not support this team.

Astute

Sort of missing the point there mate (I assumed you might know about ACL/SISU already because it's all anyone's been talking about on here for the past year).

You did give me a great example for my argument though;

Key word in your comment was this:
Personally I want my football team that represents my city to be governed by the elected officials that also represent that city and I can vote for/against."

So what if it's not? What if the bloke next to you wants it governed by someone from Zimbabwe? What if the bloke next to him wants an American Tycoon? What if the bloke next to him doesn't want the club in Coundon he wants it in Wyken? Does a club this big have to change everything for you personally to support it?

Stick with the issues mate, don't create new ones. There needs to be a line drawn where people stop giving excuses to not support this team.

If you want anything governed by someone from Zimbabwe you should go and live there. If you want an American tycoon go support Manure. And when I last lived in Coventry both Wyken and Coundon were in Coventry. I lived in both areas.

Stick with the issues mate, don't create new ones.

letsallsingtogether

Went to the New York stadium today, if that is a blue print of what we are getting or something similar then personally they can stick it.
what a horrible ground 60% of seats in the rain Formica walls and meccarno roof whole place looks unfinished, if that is what we aspire to then sorry not for me.

skybluetony176

Went to the New York stadium today, if that is a blue print of what we are getting or something similar then personally they can stick it.
what a horrible ground 60% of seats in the rain Formica walls and meccarno roof whole place looks unfinished, if that is what we aspire to then sorry not for me.

i don't think we do. our owners on the other hand? this is what people need to cotton onto, they don't share our vision. forget the point about a meccano set 12K is not the size of ground that owners who aspire to create a top flight club talk about.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sad that despite the forth coming attempts to make the club self-sustainable by building a new stadium owned by the infrastructure of the club, as near to Coventry as possible without ACL/council bullying the owners, people still look likely to give excuses for why they won't go to games if/when it's built. Regardless of the fact SISU are terrible owners, there's a good team of young lads working their arses off out there representing Coventry, and the best manager we've had in decades - so I understand it if people don't want to ground share with Northampton, because I don't either, but once that's dealt with, how many more excuses are people going to keep spewing out for not supporting their club? There's got to be a cut off point where even the biggest SISU hater will have to accept things not entirely on their terms otherwise, sorry, it's just shit support for your club, and makes the whole "Keep Coventry in Coventry" campaign look like a joke. This isn't meant to upset anyone, but I'm getting fed up with people changing (what were originally) important issues to suit their own agenda. Stadium that belongs to Coventry City FC please. As near to Coventry as you can get it please. No Coventry City Council involvement please. I'll be happy with that.

Keep Coventry in Coventry means just that to me not nearly in Coventryor just a bit out of Coventry or anything else it means Keep Coventry in Coventry. If thats shit support then so be it I'm a shit supporter so you go and support in a stadium just like the one I've just come back from. If thats our future shows how low we've fallen it was absolute crap.

simple_simon

Rotherham's ground was cold and felt like a pre-fab unfinished mini stadium..

I want my club in my City FULL STOP.

Last edited:

Speedies_Chips

I actually disagree. Granted it is 100% completed but I think it looked great, you can create an atmosphere in there (unlike the Ricoh), and is about the right size for our level of support (with scope to increase it if necessary). I always thought the Ricoh was soullless but with a stadium like that we coukd make it intimidating.

The above comments do not make me a SISU supporter before anyone makes that assumption.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I actually disagree. Granted it is 100% completed but I think it looked great, you can create an atmosphere in there (unlike the Ricoh), and is about the right size for our level of support (with scope to increase it if necessary). I always thought the Ricoh was soullless but with a stadium like that we coukd make it intimidating.

The above comments do not make me a SISU supporter before anyone makes that assumption.

If thats what you get for 25 million :facepalm:Its shit and don't pretend its not also what is this "souless" crap everybody seems to have jumped on this bandwagon.

italiahorse

We are Coventry City. We had 53,000+ in the old division 2. We won the FA Cup.
Coventry is the 17th most populated city in the England.
This team could fill the Ricoh if we were in the playoffs positions.

Don't set your ambitions too low.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I have to disagree, I thought it was second rate.

simple_simon

You have your views but I felt it was like a plastic pre fab, it was like it was unfinished , more soulless than Ricoh.
I like the Ricoh ( my own view) but agree it can feel lifeless when only 12k in the place, but what would it be like now with this young and exciting team?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You have your views but I felt it was like a plastic pre fab, it was like it was unfinished , more soulless than Ricoh.
I like the Ricoh ( my own view) but agree it can feel lifeless when only 12k in the place, but what would it be like now with this young and exciting team?

Souless? The Ricoh had plenty of souls,arsesouls they're now in Northampton in the Directors Box

skybluefred

You failed to recognise one important fact---you cannot create an atmosphere with 1500 hundred people
in a stadium even though it is only small. Unless it's built in Coventry it is not Coventry.

D

Deleted member 4232

If a new stadium is built within Coventry, I will be first in line to buy a season ticket.

skybluegnome

If a new stadium is built within Coventry, I will be first in line to buy a season ticket.
You may well be but there are still far too many fans saying they won't go even if we return to the Ricoh whilst SISU are still on the scene, so another stadium within the city boundaries won't make a jot of difference. Sadly there are too many fans just looking for excuses not to go.

ohitsaidwalker king power

You may well be but there are still far too many fans saying they won't go even if we return to the Ricoh whilst SISU are still on the scene, so another stadium within the city boundaries won't make a jot of difference. Sadly there are too many fans just looking for excuses not to go.

Sorry I couldnt disagree more.. there are many more aching to go but won't because of a fundamental single principle.

letsallsingtogether

So you thought it was a nice ground?
WOW... we do have low expectations
Ricoh was soulless what makes a place soulless?

The fans.... 10 years of shit and 5 years being feed bullshit has dragged what is left of us down, so a new ground will have soul? it will be the same few that give it an atmosphere and the rest slagging them off saying that is why we liked Northampton..
"We could sit there in peace and quiet", with no one having any views all singing from the same hymn sheet Utter Bollocks
Well you can have it not what I signed up for 40 years ago.

chiefdave

you can create an atmosphere in there (unlike the Ricoh).

The problem with atmosphere at the Ricoh is not the stadium and its a problem that could be addressed fairly easily IMHO. The atmosphere was shocking at HR on numerous occasions and it's the same at any ground. A bit of success, start filling the stadium and you'll soon see the atmosphere improve. It just so happens that every time we've had a big crowd at the Ricoh we've played poorly and lost which is leading to people thinking there is no atmosphere.

sky blue john

Strange a lot of new users on here blaming the fans ?
Personally i thought it was Sisu that stole our club created 70million debt, got us relegated, took us to Northampton ?
I thought it was the fans that protested with a huge march in Coventry. It was the fans that told Sisu repeatedly at forum meetings that we wouldn't follow to Northampton ?
Please explain new users am i missing something ??????

stupot07

Anyone who has been to what was Darlington's stadium will know it was a top venue, but unsustainable without the support;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25505385

Do SISU realise this will be them in a few years if they build outside of Coventry?

To be honest, Darlington only averaged 3k at their original ground, and I don't think had ever played any higher than division 4/league 2 (?)so a 25k stadium was always a bonkers idea regardless of whether it was situated in the heart of Darlington or just outside the towns boundary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread