New Stadium Evidence? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Without getting into a debate can anyone state or point me/us in the direction of any evidence that could be considered as concrete evidence that there is any intention on building a new ground, anywhere?

For all that's been said and done I can't think of one thing that convinces me it's at all possible it might happen.

Evo1883

Dont know but i want it to be on the hearsall common , just my two cents lol

Nick

Administrator
Probably the same as all of the other threads about the "new stadium" to be fair? ;)

skybluebeduff

"@CCFCStadium: During SCG conference call today (20/12) Fisher confirmed that there was massive progress on the land purchase. Announcement in the New Year"

And that is it, just a tweet that RFC flies round with such concrete evidence...
:facepalm:

Evo1883

Good shout. It does have a history of being home to a circus...
Tbh , i think that local businesses would greatly appeciate it , its just one or two rows of houses behind the common that might not be too pleased , earlsdon would be rammed on matchday

Gynnsthetonic

Hearsall Common would be great although can't see it happening, not far from town, Craven St and Earlsdon and most important in Coventry, which SISU need to take note on any new ground however true,it is has to be in the City, they may get some fans onside with that, I only ever see a few people flying kites and letting their dogs shit all over the field so let's bring it on!

Evo1883

Hearsall Common would be great although can't see it happening, not far from town, Craven St and Earlsdon and most important in Coventry, which SISU need to take note on any new ground however true,it is has to be in the City, they may get some fans onside with that, I only ever see a few people flying kites and letting their dogs shit all over the field so let's bring it on!
Just off the A45 ! Not far from the train stations of coventry and canley , pubs , 3-4 roads in and out ....would love it but it wont happen sadly

Gynnsthetonic

Somewhere like Hearsall Common is where a proper ground should be not on some out of town retail park, all you would need is a hotel with conference facilities and a sports centre to give you 365 revenue and move the Rubicon there to, can't see it being reality though just a dream

chiefdave

We had the artists impression which may well have been a stadium rejected by Brentford with the colour of the seats changed. There was a reply from Nuneaton Council to a FOI request saying they had been approached but as they responded with a no this time its safe to assume nothing has moved forward there.

Other than that it's just people who claim to have information that they can't tell anyone about.

martcov

Somewhere like Hearsall Common is where a proper ground should be not on some out of town retail park, all you would need is a hotel with conference facilities and a sports centre to give you 365 revenue and move the Rubicon there to, can't see it being reality though just a dream

I used to play football there as a kid, but there isn't enough space there. Had they not already developed the old standard triumph area years ago, it may have had a chance there because of closeness to the a45. But nowadays no chance.

bigfatronssba

Not sure I would be too happy about a nice green space such as Hearsall Common being built over. It is common land for a reason.

Not that a new stadium is going to happen, but if it does, then it should be on a brownfield site.

cornoccfc

Without getting into a debate can anyone state or point me/us in the direction of any evidence that could be considered as concrete evidence that there is any intention on building a new ground, anywhere?

For all that's been said and done I can't think of one thing that convinces me it's at all possible it might happen.

They asked for kids to come up with designs didn't they?
B5SqLazIIAEaxxu.jpg

wingy

I remember the 'crock' fair their as a kid.

Yeah many a time .....Risky .

Also lived on Conniston rd for 5yrs great neighbours and a back gate onto the Common for a evening knockabout or Cricket game with the nippers .:)

Gynnsthetonic

I'm a Freeman too so wouldn't be to bothered if turned into a football ground,be a great place to graze our donkeys

Users who are viewing this thread