New Sponsor. Place your bets (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Coventry - City of Culture

oh wait hang on a minute!

Seamus1

How about The Wave? Got a decent logo, local to the city and would promote fitness etc.
Can’t see any Council owned organisation having anything to do with CCFC at the moment, plus given how hard the gym and leisure industry have been affected by COVID, they would have very little money to spend on sponsorship.

I’d quite like to see The Coventry (Building Society) adorn the shirts

If we are getting a new sponsor, might this mean the 2-Tone shirts being reduced in price?

LastGarrison

Genuine question: do Warwick advertise? I can’t remember ever seeing it. I know Cov do, but do you have to when you’re as prestigious as Warwick?
They most definitely do.

Next time you fly into Birmingham and step off the plane onto the jet bridge see what advertising are on them.

The majority are Warwick Business School.

shmmeee

They most definitely do.

Next time you fly into Birmingham and step off the plane onto the jet bridge see what advertising are on them.

The majority are Warwick Business School.

Obviously I’m not classy enough to be in places they advertise 😂

kapowaz

Personally I think Warwick Uni is a good shout; the partnership with the club for the stadium probably means they’re forging closer ties (if it’s not just hot air) and despite what many might think, a top uni (and Warwick is a top uni) draws students from far and wide. Coronavirus might mean plans for the next 12 months are somewhat disrupted, but it doesn’t mean they won't be taking any new applications in that period (which is the purpose of advertising for a university).

I still think it’s more likely to be someone like 32Red, but Warwick Uni would be a classy organisation to have on the shirt. My only problem is the actual branding for the university is actually kind of poor (just check the survey results on this design site). The W is really boring and unoriginal, and the word WARWICK is set in an extremely weak thin sans-serif font that I suspect won’t stand out well on a shirt. I should mock it up on one of my templates to see how it looks.

kapowaz

Assuming we have a plain, solid sky blue shirt that gives it the best contrast, but it’s just really poor. The text underneath is barely legible it’s so thin.

ccfc-warwick-uni.jpg

You can really see the problem if I shrink the image down — nothing except those two triangles is recognisable. Arguably this is even worse than Allsopp & Allsopp’s logo:

ccfc-warwick-uni-small.jpg

And yeah, I used white for aesthetic reasons, but it’s not much better in navy (i.e. the best contrast that’s hypothetically possible):

ccfc-warwick-uni-navy-small.jpg

shmmeee

Assuming we have a plain, solid sky blue shirt that gives it the best contrast, but it’s just really poor. The text underneath is barely legible it’s so thin.

View attachment 16210

You can really see the problem if I shrink the image down — nothing except those two triangles is recognisable. Arguably this is even worse than Allsopp & Allsopp’s logo:

View attachment 16211

And yeah, I used white for aesthetic reasons, but it’s not much better in navy (i.e. the best contrast that’s hypothetically possible):

View attachment 16213

SO THIS IS SISUS PLAN HUH!? REBRAND US WARWICK FC!!!!????

NOPM!?!1!?!?

baldy

View attachment 16210

View attachment 16211

View attachment 16213

To be honest I quite like these haha

mark82

View attachment 16210

View attachment 16211

View attachment 16213

Take my money.

kapowaz

Take my money.

maxresdefault.jpg

LastGarrison

Personally I think Warwick Uni is a good shout; the partnership with the club for the stadium probably means they’re forging closer ties (if it’s not just hot air) and despite what many might think, a top uni (and Warwick is a top uni) draws students from far and wide. Coronavirus might mean plans for the next 12 months are somewhat disrupted, but it doesn’t mean they won't be taking any new applications in that period (which is the purpose of advertising for a university).

I still think it’s more likely to be someone like 32Red, but Warwick Uni would be a classy organisation to have on the shirt. My only problem is the actual branding for the university is actually kind of poor (just check the survey results on this design site). The W is really boring and unoriginal, and the word WARWICK is set in an extremely weak thin sans-serif font that I suspect won’t stand out well on a shirt. I should mock it up on one of my templates to see how it looks.
Not a chance I am afraid and they have already been making staff redundant.

Warwick needed, pretty much, to grow their student population by roughly 10% each year in order to keep up with escalating costs.

COVID-19, plus Brexit mixed with a sprinkle of the Governments shift of focus to FE over HE means that pretty much all Uni’s are tightening their belts and, from what I hear, up to 30 are on the brink of going bust altogether.

Not a chance I am afraid and they have already been making staff redundant.

Warwick needed, pretty much, to grow their student population by roughly 10% each year in order to keep up with escalating costs.

COVID-19, plus Brexit mixed with a sprinkle of the Governments shift of focus to FE over HE means that pretty much all Uni’s are tightening their belts and, from what I hear, up to 30 are on the brink of going bust altogether.

“the Governments shift of focus to FE over HE”

have I missed something with regard to this, genuinely intrigued (I teach FE) :)

Users who are viewing this thread