New Sponsor. Place your bets (2 Viewers)

wal3590

If it does turn out to be a betting firm I wouldn't buy the shirt to be honest. Ruined far too many lives, including almost mine!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the betting company is most likely, but would love to see someone like WMG on there. Out of their price range I'd imagine.

CJ_covblaze

I can understand the issues with impulse but you can't watch a football match without seeing a logo. It is literally on the arm of the sleeve and things like this:

0_Ea_EFJ5WsAEJpy3.jpg

Not going into an area of the church from lottery funding? Not too sure about that, I am pretty sure he will be going to places, using services etc every day with some input from the lottery.

I agree it’s unavoidable at present but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need addressing across sport. Spain for example are acting in the right way. They’ve banned gambling firms from shirt advertising next season.

The guy’s main issue with the lottery is because of the horror stories of people getting hooked on their scratch cards.

ccfc92

Seen this circulating a lot today, is there anything to suggest it is a betting company or just speculation?

robbiekeane

If it does turn out to be a betting firm I wouldn't buy the shirt to be honest. Ruined far too many lives, including almost mine!
I agree it’s unavoidable at present but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need addressing across sport. Spain for example are acting in the right way. They’ve banned gambling firms from shirt advertising next season.

The guy’s main issue with the lottery is because of the horror stories of people getting hooked on their scratch cards.

I agree that advertising for gambling shouldn't be allowed but at the end of the day this needs to come from the government. We can't be expected to put ourselves at a further competitive disadvantage because of it. Ideally if we had the luxury of choice we would but we need money.

The people moaning on facebook will be the same people frothing saying SISU NEED TO INVEST

CJ_covblaze

I agree that advertising for gambling shouldn't be allowed but at the end of the day this needs to come from the government. We can't be expected to put ourselves at a further competitive disadvantage because of it. Ideally if we had the luxury of choice we would but we need money.

The people moaning on facebook will be the same people frothing saying SISU NEED TO INVEST

Couldn’t agree more. It happened with tobacco so there’s no reason why it can’t happen again.

jordan210

Honestly im not sure on all the melt downs on twitter. If someone wants to pay us close to 1 million to be on the shirt who cares as long as that money is used to strengthen the team.

bawtryneal

It costs approx £200k a year to sponsor the home shirt for a team of our standing in the Championship
£320k for home and away kit
£60k for the shorts home and away

Covstu

Couldn’t care personally as long as it doesn’t drown the shirt with a huge ugly logo

Skybluemichael

We should get Aston Martin sport car sponsor because if it wasn’t for city they wouldn’t exists, the blokes that started Aston Martin were selling singer cars down London, singer cars were Singer & Co's bicycle before, and city is the factory team, they should pay a million pound just for the story

Magwitch

While the Government allow it than what’s the problem and if individuals feel they can’t buy one because of the sponsor fine their choice. I suspect in time it might be outlawed but until it is carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread