New Songs for players (1 Viewer)

CarpeDiem

Hi Ho Jay Dasilva has to be the route for him surely. I'm by no means creative enough to think of a song though :ROFLMAO:

And it's hi ho Jay Dasilva
Down the left he goes now baby*
Each cross that Jay Dalivas
It's a major plus
that he plays** for us

*with acknowledgements to @Otis
**changes to "scores" on those occasions as or when he does

but actually I agree with the sentiment songs should be earned AND sort of grow organically from the player's exploits not invention beforehand.

Last edited:

SkyB

In fact easier for us simple football folk would be Turning Japanese by the Vapors:

I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so

Tatsu's Japanese, I think Tatsu is Japanese
Sakamoto

Our super Japanese, he's the best we've ever seen
Sakamoto
Running down the wing, eating sushi with Doug king
Sakamoto

Last edited:

rob9872

We’ve had some great songs for players over the past few seasons it’s been refreshing. It just seems people are in a frenzy to create new ones without the players even earning them. A song should be earned, not just sung because people like it…..
Disagree. I don't think Doug earned his when it was being belted out, but anything that adds to the atmosphere and feelgood factor is all positive. It's entertainment and if singing a song makes people happy without being offensive, then they should do it.

hamertime

Disagree. I don't think Doug earned his when it was being belted out, but anything that adds to the atmosphere and feelgood factor is all positive. It's entertainment and if singing a song makes people happy without being offensive, then they should do it.
I disagree with your option but respect what you’re staying. I can understand it if the players coming in are proven and we’re excited with what they are going to do. I think it’s a bit tin pot when the players concerned have not done a great deal here or anywhere else yet.

shmmeee

I disagree with your option but respect what you’re staying. I can understand it if the players coming in are proven and we’re excited with what they are going to do. I think it’s a bit tin pot when the players concerned have not done a great deal here or anywhere else yet.

“tinpot” always seemed to be used as “I don’t like it”

There’s never been a meritocracy for songs. Some players have been great and never get a decent song, some become cult heroes despite being crap, some just get a catchy song.

I can’t stand one’s that are forced like the Vik one, but otherwise the more the merrier for me. If a player like van Ewijk has a song that pumps him up we’d be mad to hold it back IMO.

skybluecam

"earning" songs is bollocks, the more the better. It's way more fun to belt out different chants than sit there repeating yourself for 90 mins, and it's great to have one ready to go for when players do things on the pitch.

Plus it must have a big impact on every player to hear their name being sung. As a club/fanbase we have done well in recent years in terms of players really looking like they care about the club and this is the kind of things that I'm sure contributes to that.

hamertime

Bollocks, all the players we’ve had songs for over the years have been for the best players. Cant remember songs for Pete billing or Andy Pearce. It’s seems like they are like England caps these days given out like confetti.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ellis Simms to the Boney m classic daddy cool.

Ellis Ellis simms
Ellis Ellis simms

shmmeee

Bollocks, all the players we’ve had songs for over the years have been for the best players. Cant remember songs for Pete billing or Andy Pearce. It’s seems like they are like England caps these days given out like confetti.

Not sure Roy Wegerle ever earned “Who needs Cantona?”

Otis

Our best players?

Greggy Downs? 🤔

shmmeee

You obviously didn’t watch him play did you. He had skill and could take players on he wasn’t a carthorse

So you’re saying Bakayokos song is unjustified but Wegerle’s isn’t? Cool.

What about Mo Konjic, did he deserve a song? Andrew Whing? Paul Williams?

Just curious where the line is. Has Bobby Thomas earned a song yet? What would a full back for example need to do?

For me if you play for the team you deserve support and you should have a song ready to go if a player scores for example.

rob9872

Billing did have a song it was 'Ooh Peter Billing'. I'd also argue Kelly was only bit part hanging into Doylers tail when he got his.

hamertime

So you’re saying Bakayokos song is unjustified but Wegerle’s isn’t? Cool.

What about Mo Konjic, did he deserve a song? Andrew Whing? Paul Williams?

Just curious where the line is. Has Bobby Thomas earned a song yet? What would a full back for example need to do?

For me if you play for the team you deserve support and you should have a song ready to go if a player scores for example.
I never said Bakas was unjustified, you just said that. I merely pointed out he was a carthorse compared to Wegerle.

At the minute all a player has to do is walk on the the pitch and a song is being drawn up by budding Ed Sheerans.

shmmeee

I never said Bakas was unjustified, you just said that. I merely pointed out he was a carthorse compared to Wegerle.

At the minute all a player has to do is walk on the the pitch and a song is being drawn up by budding Ed Sheerans.

Well you chose not to answer the question, so I inferred.

I think threads like these or on Twitter are just one step up from the fish pun threads or whatever. Just people playfully playing with their creativity. People take them too seriously.

hamertime

Well you chose not to answer the question, so I inferred.

I think threads like these or on Twitter are just one step up from the fish pun threads or whatever. Just people playfully playing with their creativity. People take them too seriously.
I think you take it too seriously that's why your saying it, i dont think you can deal with someone else having a different opinion than yours so you demean it.

AOM

The guy who made the Sakamoto song was on the phone in tonight. A Simms song is already done and being released next week 😂

If it's not "Simms is the best, better than Gyokeres" bring back NOPM

Johhny Blue

The guy who made the Sakamoto song was on the phone in tonight. A Simms song is already done and being released next week 😂

If it's not "Simms is the best, better than Gyokeres" bring back NOPM
I’m all for Not One Poet More

Terry_dactyl

I hate our new songs.
Haji Wright’s…boring
Tatsu’s…incomprehensible and way too complicated.

However, I loved ‘Duh Duh duh duh Fucking Useless’.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I hate our new songs.
Haji Wright’s…boring
Tatsu’s…incomprehensible and way too complicated.

However, I loved ‘Duh Duh duh duh Fucking Useless’.
They've been shit for a while. Gyokeres' was shite, and Hamer's, although a little better, was just a lazy rehash of Richarlison. Yet Hyam the One and Only never got a single airing, even though Hyam himself said he thought it was great..

Terry_dactyl

They've been shit for a while. Gyokeres' was shite, and Hamer's, although a little better, was just a lazy rehash of Richarlison. Yet Hyam the One and Only never got a single airing, even though Hyam himself said he thought it was great..
It’s one of life’s great travesty’s!

There’s a perfectly good one “Oh Haji Wright/oh what a night”, that’s been shared on here.
Who is in charge of organising these things?
They’ve let the fans down, they’ve let players down and they’ve let themselves down.

Users who are viewing this thread