New song for Viktor (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Any ideas on an improved song,

I heard fulham singing Mitro’s on fire perhaps we could adapt it to Viktor’s on fire?

wingy

Time to stop fannying about before the seasons done and he's left.
It's obviously department S tune then make some words fit.
I certainly hope they're playing it in the ground prior to the game, or even his goals music it not, missing a trick.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I know there are many versions of how to pronounce Vic’s surname, but they all have 3 syllables (I think).
How about a version of the the old Mo Konic song, replacing “Mo Ha Med” with “Yok Or Ess”.

Then something along the lines of:

He is the super Swede or He is our brilliant Swede
His goals are all we need or He’ll take us up the league

I never claimed to be a songwriter…

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I know there are many versions of how to pronounce Vic’s surname, but they all have 3 syllables (I think).
How about a version of the the old Mo Konic song, replacing “Mo Ha Med” with “Yok Or Ess”.

Then something along the lines of:

He is the super Swede or He is our brilliant Swede
His goals are all we need or He’ll take us up the league

I never claimed to be a songwriter…
Super Swede
Up the league

slowpoke

We need to drop a note for an idea to that Liverpool fan Jamie Webster who makes up songs and plays to thousands of reds at their big foreign fixtures

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

Is it too early to re-hash the quality JCH/heartbeat song?

Viktor, Viktor Yo-kar-es scores goals for Coventry
du du dududu du du dududu

slowpoke

By using my brain. Do you think he made up Poor Scouser Tommy which was first sang in the 60s?
Of course he didn’t just that he didn’t “do” You Never Walk Alone but I think he might have done a number of putting words to tunes.
You mention Poor Scouser Tommy from The Sash tune who put the added bit about beating Everton one,two,three,four, five nil and all you need is Rush ?

Northants Sky Blue

Why not ask Gruff to come up with a few options?
Asked him couple of weeks ago on here, said he was having a think about it and then did the Titanium vid.

Until we settle on something I agree KC's `Give it Up' is perfect - been humming it for weeks and scans well, you can imagine 14-16 going for that (y)

SlowerThanPlatt

Of course he didn’t just that he didn’t “do” You Never Walk Alone but I think he might have done a number of putting words to tunes.
You mention Poor Scouser Tommy from The Sash tune who put the added bit about beating Everton one,two,three,four, five nil and all you need is Rush ?

Not him. It shouldn’t be difficult to understand, he doesn’t create the songs, he sings them.

gruffskyblue

My starter for 10…

“Oh Zlatan you can go back to the San Siro,

Cause mighty Viktor Gyokores is now the Swede Supremo.

He didn’t fancy Swansea,

Or Brighton Hove again!

But now he plays for City he’ll take us to the Prem”

To “One man went to mow”

Briles

Viktor you're a boy make a big noise playing with your feet gonna take on the world some day, you've got fuck loads of pace, running into space, scoring those goals all over the place

Singing

We will we will Gyok you.

Samo

How about to the tune of Sweet Caroline..
Goals, scoring goals
scores for me and for you
Vic Gyokeres

I like this but the build up part doesn't really lend itself to a footy crowd, how about just:

Vic Gyokeres, Gyo ko res
Scoring never felt so good
Vic Gyokeres, Gyo ko res
Never thought it ever could

Last edited:

SkyBlueGuy

Given he's nicked Ibrahimovic's spot, maybe we could nick his song too? I'm sure someone can make the lyrics fit...

harvey098

Think it’s best to keep it simple. Don’t think you’re going to get block 16 hitting the high notes needed for “Titanium” 😂

Think the Mohammed wooah / McSheffrey wooah is the best option as someone else has already said and not currently used for anyone else.

“Gyok-er-es whooah
He is the fucking man
He’s better than Zlatan”

Not that but something like that etc

Tommystours

keep it simple
What about Gala ,freed from Desire
na na na na nana na na na nana na
repeat
na na na na nana he’s Yokeres
repeat
not a lot to remember when you’ve had a few beers