New Skipper (assuming Keogh leaves) (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

With the squad starting to take shape a little now, who would be your choice for captain assuming Keogh is off?

There don't seem to be too many outstanding candidates for me, possibly one of Kilbane, Wood (if he stays fit) and Murphy?

ajsccfc

I think most people will be with me in saying that there's only one man who represents the fight, quality and example to lead our club to glory.

0,,10269~9829651,00.png

ajsccfc

I could see McSheffrey getting the nod. Not too keen on people coming in to a club and immediately being made captain.

torchomatic

Wood would I would have thought, wouldn't you?

Hateley's Heed

If he is fit then I would prefer Wood. He has experience of captaining a sheff weds side in this league before joining us. He is a physical presence and is also vocal (something missing with Clingan last year).

Kilbane - will also provide valuable experience but doubtful he would play 2 games a week at his age?

McSheff - needs to concentrate on his own form and doesn't seem the sort to inspire others in a 'backs to the walls' situation.

ccfcdan

I'm not sure how many games he will be able to play but I'd suggest Richard Shaw. Glad we've signed him again, he's still a quality defender!

ajsccfc

If anything, putting the armband on Murphy would legitimise his constant bullying of Chris Hussey. I've almost phoned the NSPCC during games.

Astute

It should go to the most experienced player if Keogh leaves. A player that has averaged over 40 games a season throughout his career. A player that has played 110 times for his country. The player that would help the younger players the most. The player that has played in the top flight many times more than the rest of our squad put together.

So he got an injury at the start of last season. Why does it mean he will not be able to play nearly every game? Just because Platt can't do it that doesn't mean that all players can't do it either. When we had Wise he ran his socks off every game. He was our fittest player. He was nearly 40 FFS. Kilbane is only 35 :)

Nick

Administrator
true but could have been craine or murphy or baker none of them go it and shaw said he wants sheffers to lead so i think he will be captain if keogh goes

I really hope not. I will lose all faith if he is given the armband just because of where he was born and not antics on the pitch!

Grendel

I really hope not. I will lose all faith if he is given the armband just because of where he was born and not antics on the pitch!

Perhaps it should go to Deegan. I am sure everyone will like that.

dick turpin

With the squad starting to take shape a little now, who would be your choice for captain assuming Keogh is off?

There don't seem to be too many outstanding candidates for me, possibly one of Kilbane, Wood (if he stays fit) and Murphy?

Your spot on with me on this!!

It has to be Killa Kilbane (no one from the old squad has the Balls/deserves it,a fresh start) then Woody (lets just hope Woods injurys are behind him this season.)

Users who are viewing this thread